It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Turkey is really the root of ALL civilisations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just found myself wondering how little we really know about how we spread all around the globe and when, so please be patient it is not really a theory, yet.

The origin of the Bosphorus is uncertain. Many researchers hold the view the Black Sea was an isloated fresh water lake until about 9,400 years ago when sea water began to flow from the Mediterranean Sea through the Bosphorus and turned the freshwater lake into the Black Sea. There is considerable debate about the suddeness of this event, with some arguing that this event was sudden and the source of a massive flood occurring in the region, and is the historic basis for the flood stories in the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Bible (e.g. Ryan and Pitman).
EOEarth
The second and third layer on Göbekli Tepe are about from the same time.

Topographic scans have revealed that other structures next to the hill, awaiting excavation, probably date to 14-15 thousand years ago, the dates of which potentially extend backwards in time to the concluding millennia of the Pleistocene.
Wiki
And then we got the Hopi, Pueblos and all that, on the other side of the atlantic ocean, all claiming they come from "a place underground", like Derinkuyu, which i would guess would be pretty hard to tell how old it really is, because, it is axed tuff stone. And not much left from the very beginnings of these cities, because they were again and again in use by different groups and some still are inhabited.

So what i suggest is basically, what if about the same time the Bosporus was born our continents reached their breaking point and not millions of years ago? If you think about it, the current speed the American and European continental plates are drifting apart is about 1,89 cm/year, the distance is

The Atlantic's width varies from 1,538 nautical miles (2,848 km; 1,770 mi) between Brazil and Sierra Leone to over 3,450 nautical miles (6,400 km; 4,000 mi) in the south.
Wiki, now if you think about it: 284.800.000cm and a drift speed of 1,89/year, at about 10.000bc it could have been only about 1,507 km and this is without exactly knowing how much ice there still was, if they changed their angle towards eachother while drifting and so on. I'm thinking, it could have been one apocalyptic, erruptive event and the movement of the drifting continents is actually slowing down, since that, which would be natural because of the friction. Will say, am i the only one thinking it is entirely possible Hopis and early Hethiters, or Indo-Iranian-Europeans are in fact the same tribe?
While at the same time the distances towards Asia never really mattered that much, because we obviously have no big pool in between, so to me that is no question at all. But could these people started to move out from their Cappadocian caves a lot earlier and that's the root where the native americans underground legends are coming from?

Since this is ATS, i can openly admit i stumbled over this during an ancient alien research session. And what really intrigued me was the comparison of the Australian cave pictures,

and the Hopis
, also I think the blue star myth is an interesting point, especially if you follow my theory and in these human ur-regions the blue all seeing eye is still a talisman against evil.
Am i on to something or is this ancient news to everybody but me?

edit on 21-4-2015 by Peeple because: bee

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So... are you saying we are all a bunch of turkeys?

But to be serious, I am not 100% convinced that those pictures are of extraterrestrial beings as of yet.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
History of Herodotus Book II

Phrygia would be known as Turkey today...i know you know this but, just thought I'd add it to be clear that your supposition doesn't go without support.

Now the Egyptians, before the reign of their king Psammetichus, believed themselves to be the most ancient of mankind. Since Psammetichus, however, made an attempt to discover who were actually the primitive race, they have been of opinion that while they surpass all other nations, the Phrygians surpass them in antiquity. This king, finding it impossible to make out by dint of inquiry what men were the most ancient, contrived the following method of discovery:-

He took two children of the common sort, and gave them over to a herdsman to bring up at his folds, strictly charging him to let no one utter a word in their presence, but to keep them in a sequestered cottage, and from time to time introduce goats to their apartment, see that they got their fill of milk, and in all other respects look after them. His object herein was to know, after the indistinct babblings of infancy were over, what word they would first articulate.

It happened as he had anticipated. The herdsman obeyed his orders for two years, and at the end of that time, on his one day opening the door of their room and going in, the children both ran up to him with outstretched arms, and distinctly said "Becos."

When this first happened the herdsman took no notice; but afterwards when he observed, on coming often to see after them, that the word was constantly in their mouths, he informed his lord, and by his command brought the children into his presence. Psammetichus then himself heard them say the word, upon which he proceeded to make inquiry what people there was who called anything "becos," and hereupon he learnt that "becos" was the Phrygian name for bread.

In consideration of this circumstance the Egyptians yielded their claims, and admitted the greater antiquity of the Phrygians.
edit on 21-4-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Your trying to assert a number of different things at once here... Its very confusing...

, am i the only one thinking it is entirely possible Hopis and early Hethiters, or Indo-Iranian-Europeans are in fact the same tribe? 

I doubt it... But they're usually just referred to as Indo- European ... which historically is a bogus pseudo-scientific phrase used to legitimise Nazi beliefs, but there's no such thing... India and Europe are too many miles apart... Even with Iranian in there, you still have Iraq, Kurdistan, and turkey to cross which are massive areas before you even reach the Baltic's... These are areas with inhabitants.... All your really doing is picking random geo-specific ethnicities from the world map and drawing a link between them...

Anyone can do it...

Kurdo-Serbian-Nord

Judo-latin-celt

Russo-mongol-punjabi

Korean-han-Japanese

Its complete nonsense... But there might be something to it (as in there might be some genuine history between them), you just don't need to humiliate yourself by using these massively over-generalised made up phrases.
edit on 21 4 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

not necessarily aliens, they also look a lot like what you would expect someone who comes from a long line of people living with no sunlight would look like: bigger eyes, pale and skinny.
Fun synchronicity joke with the Turkeys, i just watched the South Park History Central Thanksgiving episode.

a reply to: michaelbrux

I do entirely think Egypt, or general North and Middle Africa to be the craddle of centralised government, bureaucracy, religion, culture and in fact everything that makes a modern state successfull. But it is undeniable Ur and old Mesopotamians which were settled first.
It's a cool story. Just not "scientific" evidence.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So what i suggest is basically, what if about the same time the Bosporus was born our continents reached their breaking point and not millions of years ago?

The only problem I see with that is. What about the fossilized records that show specific creatures that were exclusive to specific continents millions of years ago?
edit on 21-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That brings to mind the work done by Arthur Koestler.

The Thirteenth Tribe is a 1976 book by Arthur Koestler, in which he advances the thesis that Ashkenazi Jews are not descended from the historical Israelites of antiquity, but from Khazars, a Turkic people. Koestler's hypothesis is that the Khazars (who converted to Judaism in the 8th century) migrated westwards into Eastern Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries when the Khazar Empire was collapsing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Geneticist Noah Rosenberg asserts that although recent DNA
studies "do not appear to support" the Khazar hypothesis,
they do not "entirely eliminate it either. news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

i only presented it as evidence that the question had been asked before and that the belief that ancient Turkey was mentioned as the most ancient...not as evidence that they were.

but i do recall reading something concerning the Mesopotamian building with bricks because their land lacked stone...which would suggest that Mesopotamian were proficient in building with stone already and created bricks as a suitable alternative...

thus the 'civilization' they created may have already existed elsewhere and they brought it with them; probably from somewhere that stone was abundant, such as Turkey which is one big rock.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

Bunch of jive turkeys

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Turkey is one of the spots which survivors catalysed upon after the last global ocean displacement or pole shift.So it is only the beginning of this particular 3657 year cycle we are soon ending.

Next time round it will be another high spot.Yet to be determined.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The only problem I see with that is. What about the fossilized records that show specific creatures that were exclusive to specific continents millions of years ago?

Turkey still has 30.6% endemic plants. So specific creatures could also just have been following these plants, respectively the enviromental circumstances, like woods, planes, mountains and such.

a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

And you are just talking nonsense because these nationalities didn't exist, we are talking between 10.-18 THOUSAND years ago. So maybe you want to check your informations before you just talk without content?
India is by the way mythologically very connected and on the Asian continent, just as Turkey is. Yes from America still a long way, but from Turkey in the other direction even closer and easier to reach than what I suggested. Will say: Bollocks, go and research.

a reply to: michaelbrux

I was thinking about your "becos" story and noticed, the German word "Bäcker", or bacery, is this maybe a linguistical rudiment from the first word for bread? Definetly an interesting hint if it is, now that my head caught up with what you actually said.

a reply to: one4all

Magnetic pole shift, might have been the event, after the continental plates got tied together before from the ice, which started melting around 18.ooo years ago, the switch and the change of the ocean flow could have caused the fracture of something like a huge American-European-Asian plate. But what would the 3657year cycle be, you are talking about? Sources?
edit on 22-4-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Very interesting, and quite possible! It should be pitched as an episode theme for 'Ancient Aliens'.

I remember going through Facebook at the end of last year and seeing that Graham Hancock, one of the world's most renowned investigators of lost civilizations and shamanic knowledge, had gone out of his way to travel to Turkey after a recently-discovered ancient underground city was made public. According to archeologists, the underground city was found within 75 hectares of land and is thought to be at least 5000 years old.

Massive ancient underground city discovered in Turkey's Nevşehir

I also always found it interesting that Mayans have in their ancient lore a white, bearded "god" who came to them on a strange ship - makes it seem as though lots of much-earlier contact was made in the past between different continents. Which would obviously mean they were much closer together at one time.

Although I have also heard anecdotes about Hopis alluding to white man, technology and time travel as well...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sources??

Topical geology which tends to tell the truth .

Oil is not "old" it is fresh humans and animals and plants.It is also found in patterned structure.

Mineral dispersion is structured and predictble.

Human and species migration and dispersal structures are patterned and predictable per DNA tracking.

Human languages and religons can be reverse extrpolated to their origins in a single place.

Source?? simple observations and the internet....you can find anything on the net.

The real question is why arent others seeing these things as well and researching the answers.

The last 3 Cycles of Global re-structuring are clear and obvious to see without special attentions being given.

There are multiple spots where history begins each time a Cycle ends and we begin again ,so at the beginning of every Cycle we have multiple starting points which eventully compete with each other,groups seperated by gography who have no technology to breach that gap for a long enough time to catalyse different life and history philosophies.

edit on 22-4-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

What i also like about my theory is it gave me a nice explanation to the coc aine-mummies-mystery:
Coca could have grown as a reminiscent of their first cultivated plants. So maybe the Sphinx really is superold. The first stone structure people protected, because they thought it was protecting them and in it's first form, it really was a lion. The king of jungle and desert, the mostly logical decission to please and built up "good relations" with,because he is also the biggest threat. Now the Sphinx, just gets cultivated and cosseted, rebuilt and reshaped over and over in our history, while the continents really were much closer much longer why not till around 18.000bc, maybe even a little later? Coca as the oldest spiritual drug was maybe the spiritual guardian of the guardians of magical enhancement and how they "cured" their visitors from pain, lack of selfesteem, general exhaustion and so on. The first medicine humans discovered was maybe no funghi and not cannabis, but coca, a holy plant since the start of our cultural evolution and the pre-ancient-egyptian priests were cultivating the magical plants near to a magical place, where life and death, the hell of a dry desert and the paradise of a fertile river-valley, are closer than anywhere else till Echnaton "swiped the religious stash". Remember we started as Nomads. Just a view odd places say otherwise: and who knows how old stonehenge is... Maybe the mistle is a synonym for coca too?
And only got whiped out when the Romans came? Or earlier, or later, i could specualte endless...

edit on 23-4-2015 by Peeple because: spell

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

One of the first things to pique my interest in alternative spirituality/research etc was stumbling across Hancock's 'Quest For the Lost Civilization'. I remember they laid out a case that the Sphinx showed signs of decades, or perhaps centuries, of being worn out from rainfall. Which means that Egypt could have been at its climax way back when the lands were fertile because of a completely different climate in that region. Maybe the equator of the Earth itself fluctuates throughout time and different regions and continents take turns being the hot spot, cold spot etc.

I had only ever heard of the blue lotus flower, in terms of herbal sacraments from Egypt. I had never thought it to be any more than a mild sedative. I am fortunate enough to know of completely legal stores in my neck of the woods called 'The Urban Shaman' where such herbs are sold. I used to frequent the store a fair amount. There is a young native man that works there that wants to be a shaman. For contemporary city folks, the shamanic context and usage can be a bit confusing. I have tried in the past to book a government-sanctioned ibogaine session as well. Preferably I would like to see a holistic clinical type of setting where specialized herbs for the treatment of the so-called mentally ill can be utilized. Otherwise, for those that have been through the pharma-wringer, it can be pretty #ing terrifying. But enough of that. It should be my battle cry...

It seems very likely that Egypt was fertile at one time, and therefore the botany of that region would have been entirely more prolific. Coca leaves as herbal medicine is common throughout South America, stretching way back. And it couldn't be merely a coincidence that the Mayans had elaborate pyramids as well. I don't think I have ever seen that adequately explained or brought up before your OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All this is good stuff!

It may be that Turkey had something to do with Columbus and thanksgiving…i.e. the Turkey obsession at thanksgiving.

You know Turkeys are mean animals and WILL attack you when sighted.

Some people theorize that’s why the Turks are so tough and ruled much of the Eurasian continent for a long time.

Turkey is a bitch! So said Mulla Nasrudin!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Laugh all you want if you follow Erdogans logic and ambition, the US will be New-Turkey soon:

Erdogan was still prime minister. As a newly appointed president , he now takes America and its history of discovery before : " 314 years before Columbus reached Muslim sailors in 1178 the American continent," the chief ACP declared at a summit with Muslims from Latin America in Istanbul.

Welt (german newspaper)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Willtell

Laugh all you want if you follow Erdogans logic and ambition, the US will be New-Turkey soon:

Erdogan was still prime minister. As a newly appointed president , he now takes America and its history of discovery before : " 314 years before Columbus reached Muslim sailors in 1178 the American continent," the chief ACP declared at a summit with Muslims from Latin America in Istanbul.

Welt (german newspaper)
The Turks in Turkey today and from whom the nation's name derives from are conquerors from western China. Turkey was populated by Hellenic and Hittite races and their remnants can be seen there today. I believe the eastern part was populated by Armenians.

Prior to being invaded by Asiatic hordes in the 15th century, Turkey had countries/states with names like Asia Minor, Anatolia, Cappadocia (St George's land), Phyrgia, Doris, Ionia, Aeolia and so on.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The climate of what we now call Egypt, at the end of the last Ice Age, would have been quite temperate, with rainfall such as we now see in Europe. If the Sphynx is as old as some claim, the weathering will be as a result of the climate during this time, not as a result of some pole shift.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join