It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA tells kids to avoid baths and check toilets for leaks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Wont be long before all shower heads or taps come with built in timer to shut off the water after 5 minutes and wont come again for 10 minutes ........ then a couple of years later .......... 4 minutes then ......... couple years later 3 minutes then they will really be referring to the masses as the great unwashed, big times.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
Children are preached at/indoctrinated all the time, at least this is something helpful and needed. Things like the pledge of allegiance, have to get them patriotic while they're young...Sunday school, etc.

As far as baths, I never understood why someone would take one, it seems so gross to me bathing in your own filth you're trying to clean off.

I grew up in an off the grid era. we did not get electricity until I was 12 years old. We did not know what a shower was in those days, we had never seen one. Baths were all there was.

Our sister would have a bath first first then 2, then 2 the eldest then our mum. An extra two 20 litre buckets would be brought from the dariy for the 3 lot and that was it. Not complaining just sayin how things were.

I say to you, that under agenda 21 you may well live to expereince 'washing in your own filth' or whatever phrase it was, your self.

While I agree that showers are more healthy, teaching kids that they must expect to use less and less water is eactly what agenda 21 requires.

perhaps you might like to consider researching agenda 21

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

This is weird. Bath's use less water than showers; my shower head will fill my tub up almost as quickly as the tap. Maybe if they did actually take a 5 minute shower, (like they are advocating) and even then... I think it's iffy. No one takes a five minute shower; at least you don't do so and expect to get clean. I take about an eight to twelve minute shower, which most people are just astonished by. Most people need longer but I don't mess around. If you are running that shower head for 15 minutes you are definitely using more water than you would for a bath.

Not to mention, we have a conflict of interest here. NO kid is going to get clean with a five minute shower. A week of that and your kid is going to stink, and then you will get nailed for neglect. If they ever start trying to mandate this (I don't know how, but weirder things have happened, especially when the EPA starts sounding off), it will be a no win for parents.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think that I'm going to take a long hot bath tonight. Where I live, we have plenty of water.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Frankly, yes, because I am SICK and TIRED of the government thinking they have any business telling me how to live.

What business is it of theirs?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: cuckooold

Frankly, yes, because I am SICK and TIRED of the government thinking they have any business telling me how to live.

What business is it of theirs?

Besides, since when is it a kid's job to check for toilet leaks? Why can't a kid be a kid?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join