It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Luther King Assassinated by US Govt: Civil Trial Verdict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Who knew?

Martin Luther King assassinated by US Govt: King Family civil trial verdict

Dr. Martin Luther King’s family and personal friend/attorney, William F. Pepper, won a civil trial that found US government agencies guilty of assassination/wrongful death. The 1999 trial, King Family versus Jowers and Other Unknown Co-Conspirators, is the only trial ever conducted on the assassination of Dr. King. The King Center fully documents the case, with full trial transcript.

Why didn’t corporate media cover this story? Why doesn’t everyone know?

US corporate media did not cover the civil trial, interview the King family, and textbooks omit this information. This is crucial evidence of a controlled corporate media rejecting coverage of a game-changing story. Journalist and author, James Douglass:

“I can hardly believe the fact that, apart from the courtroom participants, only Memphis TV reporter Wendell Stacy and I attended from beginning to end this historic three-and-one-half week trial. Because of journalistic neglect scarcely anyone else in this land of ours even knows what went on in it. After critical testimony was given in the trial’s second week before an almost empty gallery, Barbara Reis, U.S. correspondent for the Lisbon daily Publico who was there several days, turned to me and said, ‘Everything in the U.S. is the trial of the century. O.J. Simpson’s trial was the trial of the century. Clinton’s trial was the trial of the century. But this is the trial of the century, and who’s here?’ ”

Go figure.

edit on 20/4/15 by soficrow because: sp

edit on 20/4/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yah, bastards. The same government that shot and killed JFK and RFK also killed MLK. It was an era of assassinations.

Of course they don't cover it, they cover it up.

Gotta be some kind of clue.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Why didn’t corporate media cover this story? Why doesn’t everyone know?

The corporate media covered the assassination and the criminal trial very closely. Just like they did JFK & RFK assassinations.

That's exactly why no one knows the truth.

BTW, they cover elections very closely.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

What criminal trial?

The source says the only trial was civil (not criminal) - and the verdict was guilty.

edit on 20/4/15 by soficrow because: sp, clrty

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

What criminal trial?

The source says the only trial was civil (not criminal) - and the verdict was guilty.

Wikipedia: James Earl Ray

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In his book, Last Word, Mark Lane wrote about one of the many government investigations on the KFK and the MLK assassinations:

Page 213 About the Church Committee:
Richard S. Schweiker, Republican, was a United States Senator from Pennsylvania. He was the chairman of a subcommittee of the Church Committee, which was charged with the responsibility of reviewing and investigating the role of the CIA and the FBI in providing information and conclusions to the Warren Commission. This was the first federal inquiry into a matter related to the assassination since the publication of the Warren Report.
123. The Church Committee was chaired by Senator Frank Church, a former army intelligence officer. It concluded that the CIA had violated the law by attempting to assassinate foreign leaders, referred to the CIA as a “rogue elephant rampaging out of control” and identified fifty American journalists who were affiliated with that agency and paid by it. It also concluded that the CIA withheld from the Warren Commission critical information about the assassination of President Kennedy and that the FBI conducted a counterintelligence program (COINTELPRO) in an effort to destroy Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ah. Thanks. Was focused on the fact there was never any criminal trial to prove the US government was responsible. (Ray was railroaded.) The civil trial addressed the question directly, and the US government was found guilty. ....That's the info missing from the history books.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I never heard about this one. Thanks for the info, but this doesn't surprise me in the least. S&F.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
& Jesse Jackson
was complicit in it...

why isn't the media covering it ?
some1's got jokes

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

This was a real civil trial, and a real "Guilty" verdict. No joke.

Check it out:

Complete Transcript of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Assassination Conspiracy Trial

...THE COURT: In answer to the
question did Loyd Jowers participate in a
conspiracy to do harm to Dr. Martin Luther
King, your answer is yes. Do you also find
that others, including governmental agencies,
were parties to this conspiracy as alleged by
the defendant? Your answer to that one is
also yes.

Martin Luther King assassinated by US Govt: King Family civil trial verdict

Dr. Martin Luther King’s family and personal friend/attorney, William F. Pepper, won a civil trial that found US government agencies guilty of assassination/wrongful death. The 1999 trial, King Family versus Jowers and Other Unknown Co-Conspirators, is the only trial ever conducted on the assassination of Dr. King. The King Center fully documents the case, with full trial transcript.

edit on 20/4/15 by soficrow because: add transcript

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So... I was an aspiring journalist and usually kept an eye on current events more than most (before I gave up on most everything)... and I remember nothing about this from 1999.... not a whisper... and the evidence is surprisingly good.

One would think this would have been news.

I always thought JFK, RFK and King were most likely assassinated by Uncle Sam(hain) ... but ... sigh.

It's nauseating a person like that was murdered by people like ... them.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The same info from another source ... that is still not really MSM :

LINK

edit on 20-4-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Wow...How did you find this? Nice post.

Who knows, maybe when all then jfk files get released we will see something similar from the Kennedy family.

top topics

join