It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe We Have It ALL Wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I said maybe....I did not try to say this is fact....I guess I have to remember who I am dealing with in here....I was looking at my own skin one day and it looked scaly at a sideways glance and it just got me thinking about how evolution is always suggesting we came from apes and there was this magical missing link they are always looking for...the pictures I posted were only meant to show the similarities and GOD forbid me I used different magnification to demonstrate this...SORRY....or as Steve would say.........WELLLLLL EXCUUUUUSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well said...you are the most brilliant person in here so I will not even try to argue with you....please, forgive me for suggesting anything could be remotely possible with regard to the evolutionary tales we have been force fed our entire adult lives....perahaps you are more of a snake than you think smarty pants!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

I wasn't being sarcastic...I was actually paying you a compliment...I just asked you to explain your point better for me because I am not to smart....I think our skin indicates we are more likely to be evolved from snake/lizard type organisms rather than the commonly suggested we came from apes.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The 'Missing Link' could be in the idea that we were brought here from a dying planet to repopulate the fertile planet earth, yet I suppose that doesn't explain where we evolved from? Could be rightly outtathisworld! Oh it could make a good story, if nothing else!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Take a look at these samples of skin from a lizard and a snake and a human....the similarities are hard to ignore....so Maybe we did not evolve from monkeys and that is why the "missing link" that everyone tries to find doesn't exist...they have been looking in the wrong place!

I see what you are getting at, but keep in mind that even though we did come from monkey like creatures, our monkey like creatures came from something themselves. All life on Earth has a common ancestor somewhere. I even remember reading so.ewhere that humans share like more than half their DNA with humans.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
OP, are you suggesting that we look more like snake than apes?

Seriously? Like, really seriously?

You said it seems "off" to you that we evolved from apes, but you propose we look much like reptiles? Care to explain?

Your comparison picture is quite meaningless to be honest. Most large animals have 2 eyes, a spine, usually four limbs. Of course they are all related because they all share similar ancestors the further we go back in the evolution tree.

Yes we are related to reptiles, we are both vertebrates. But we are def closer to apes than to reptiles, WTF?

All life is related, but some branches of the tree of life are closer to each other:

I think our skin indicates we are more likely to be evolved from snake/lizard type organisms rather than the commonly suggested we came from apes.

You have to be kidding me. The close up of skin you posted doesn't show scales, it shows flakes of dead skins. I'm sure a close up of ape skin would show exactly the same as human skin. Also why snakes? You could have said fishes too? Because that's where mammals came from, from the sea.

We didn't evolve from reptiles, reptiles and mammals had a common ancestor then branched in different directions.

This is the ancestor of mammals:

Science never said we don't have ancient common ancestors. Science said mammals evolved from this thing, and that human and apes are cousin sharing a common ancestor. I have no idea how you can reach such a strange understanding of evolution that you would think science doesn't say that all life is related to each other at some point. Where do you think apes evolved from, uh? There is no "missing link" I have no idea where you got this impression from? We can trace all species back to common ancestors.

Here, check this out and educate yourself about evolution. This is when mammals (what we are) separated themselves from what would become reptiles:

en.wikipedia.org...

And pay more attention in school next time

I was looking at my own skin one day and it looked scaly

Uh maybe you should consult a doctor because it's not a good sign
It's a sign your skin is way to dry...
edit on 20-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

when i was 30 odd stone of fat my skin on my legs looked
like reptile skin
im sure i have mentioned it before on here somewhere

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It is always positive when you learn something new and find out that we ARE all related...

Great job!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Given our diet, our exercise routines, our hobbies, etc.... It's entirely possible that we may be evolving into elephants more so than from.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Take a look at these samples of skin from a lizard and a snake and a human....the similarities are hard to ignore....so Maybe we did not evolve from monkeys and that is why the "missing link" that everyone tries to find doesn't exist...they have been looking in the wrong place!

YOU have it all wrong. For one, there is no "missing link" that is missing. That is just creationist nonsense. For two, we can prove human ancestry to apes through genetics. For three, all life on this planet is related at SOME level to all other life on the planet. We share 50% of our DNA with banana trees for instance. So naturally, there will be some similarities between humans and reptiles.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
For two, we can prove human ancestry to apes through genetics.

I think the correct definition is that humans and apes have common ancestors. We do not technically descend from apes, but we are all Homininae.

Chimpanzees (Pan genus) split from the human branch of the family about four to six million years ago. The Homo genus is around 3 millions years old.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It doesn’t matter from which animal we are made of. It is our consciousness that is not from this planet. The ancient astronaut theory is a plausible one. I think ancient astronauts came from Scholz’s star. They had bought a one way ticket (apparently many of us are wanting to do the same concerning Mars). But to survive on a very hostile planet the only thing they could do was to implant their consciousness in a being of planet earth.

The evolutional difference of consciousness between animals and humans is too big. Wallace knew that for sure and a lot of others seem to be (have been) sure too.
From www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
The evolutional difference of consciousness between animals and humans is too big.

It took 3 millions of years to become apparent. It's absolutely not too big regarding the timeframe.

The consciousness of a chimp and a human aren't even that different. The main difference is that humans have an articulated language that allowed for the preservation and transmission of ideas and culture.

Feral children are not very different from animals, which is the proof that what you call our "consciousness" is not innate but the result of cultural education.

Sorry, our consciousness doesn't come from the stars (or at least not in an "ancient astronaut" way) even if you really want this to be true.
edit on 20-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

For two, we can prove human ancestry to apes through genetics.

I think the correct definition is that humans and apes have common ancestors. We do not technically descend from apes, but we are all Homininae.

Chimpanzees (Pan genus) split from the human branch of the family about four to six million years ago. The Homo genus is around 3 millions years old.

Fair enough. I meant Great Apes anyways. They are the common ancestor between us.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

There is that missing thing... not link, but facts... what facts do you have for this little theory??

As for how unique we are, listen at this little interview... might be eye opener... (or should I say ear opener
)

www.npr.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Fair enough. I meant Great Apes anyways. They are the common ancestor between us.

Sorry to be pedantic again, but we can't really say the other great apes are our common ancestors neither. More like cousins.

The Great apes contains many genus that evolved differently over time, the closer to us still alive being the chimps.

The most recent common ancestor of all Great apes lived roughly 14 million years ago but we don't really know for sure what he looked like, we can only guess.

Even Lucy is only 4 millions years old.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

Ok. I see what you are getting at, and believe me I appreciate it. I don't like holding wrong ideas. Even if they are only partially wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I feel like this is makes more sense as an attempt to prove Icke right than proving we did not evolve from apes......

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Snake skin is composed of keratin - the same protein that makes up human skin. The difference is that reptiles have keratinized epidermal scales which shed. Human skin also sheds, but doesn't form large scales.
Otherwise, they are essentially the same biologically.

The gene that controls skin development is primarily the RAS gene ((RAS H,N,K). It's the same in all organisms that have keratized skin.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you look at it at that level a lot if not all skin structures have the whole overlapping texture to them. So really those pictures are quite normal. Now if your saying we evolved from dinosaurs, well....Not likely, but its quite possible that the earliest humanoid creatures which evolved into our preancesotors the great apes, may have down that line some millions of years ago evolved from more lizard/dinosaur like creatures or shared some of that genome.

It all just depends on what portion or what your take is on history and biology. But it does beg the question how does a something like a raptor which hundreds of millions ago was smarter then most chimps now and more likely to evolve into a upright walking hands and all type of creature suddenly goes extinct or evolves into the modern chicken, while the food they ate snacks really evolves into what we see today ie apes and humans.

Like I said its just a matter of what perspective and outcome you want to view the world from. But skin on a micro level and would have that overlapping scaly look, but if you go down farther in micro it would have a different look. So really it just depends on what version of it your looking at and at what magnification.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join