It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Robert Schoch - Ancient Catastrophes The Sphinx, Gobekli Tepe, Easter Island...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The "Age of Leo" thing would be an extremely hard thing to support.

The Egyptians didn't recognize Leo, and the Mesopotamians originally called it the "Big Dog."

Given that the concept of astrology - and specifically the zodiac - originated in Mesopotamia (yes, I know there are proponents of an Indian origin) I find it extremely unlikely that "Leo" had anything to do with the sphinx.

Besides, the sphinx faces due East. At some point, every, single zodiacal constellation will rise directly in front of the sphinx. So why decide it had to be Leo and the "Age of Leo?"

Harte

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
The Egyptians didn't recognize Leo, and the Mesopotamians originally called it the "Big Dog."

So....you're saying.....it was originally Anubis. Gotcha.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta
Currently watching it, I like his ideas on the Sphinx and I agree with his conclusions about the head being re-carved purely based on the head size to body ratio. Who am I to argue with the professional opinion of a geologist? He seems positive about his results on the weathering and if he was tryna sell me his book I might argue but as of yet he hasn't aha

I don't find it hard to believe it could have been carved a thousand or so years before we think.

Well the people who believe in ancient aliens and lost advanced technology "go against professional opinions of a _____" all the time. Unless the opinion supports their fantasy, that is.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Nice post.

One thing... Goblecki Tepi has all indications of being buried on purpose.

I can't help wondering if, by uncovering that place, something nasty wasn't unleashed.

I'm three quarters kidding ... but that one quarter thinks Lovecraft might've been onto something... and I'm sure the discoverer just died of natural old age... buuuuuut...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Look for any podcast with the guest Randall Carlson. Hes a sacred geometry guy but talks a lot about cataclysmic earth changing asteroid and meteor impacts. I partially love Him on JRE (Joe Rogan Experience).

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I like Schoch's take on some things but there is no possible way for him to know anything at all about the purported Bosnian pyramid until there is a real excavation effort at that location. I'm also highly skeptical about his take on the Ymogumi site, but I don't think it is a temple or giant's city, but very likely a quarry site.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This guy goes on that Ancient Aliens TV show.

Can't put much stock in his theories after learning that.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LowTechRedneck
... there is no possible way for him to know anything at all about the purported Bosnian pyramid until there is a real excavation effort at that location.

.......I'm also highly skeptical about his take on the Ymogumi site, but I don't think it is a temple or giant's city, but very likely a quarry site.

Hrm

His description of the geological formations seem sound enough while providing pics and a decent summary on his website. Bosnia would be cool if it were true but...

Yonaguni was summarized well enough on his website for me to consider. He offered tentative land comparisons and loose datings.
Haven't heard the quarry theory..
I think he links giants to Easter Island.. Not yonaguni?

..whatever the case, I would LOVE to dive there one day.. Natural formation or not.. Just an awesome & safe place to float around a fascinating and huge structure.

Guess I would have to buy a book to help fund more research to see his nitty gritty analysis

Sphinx analysis is presented well enough... Up to a point!
I like the wind vs water erosion examples provided from the same period they were both allegedly constructed...

The op's video is worth a watch I'd say.

b

edit on 22-4-2015 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LowTechRedneck
I like Schoch's take on some things but there is no possible way for him to know anything at all about the purported Bosnian pyramid until there is a real excavation effort at that location. I'm also highly skeptical about his take on the Ymogumi site, but I don't think it is a temple or giant's city, but very likely a quarry site.

Check out this view of Yonaguni Island:

Is this a quarry too?

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Is this a quarry too?

Yes, it is, obviously. Anyone with half a brain can see that, despite all the attempts by disinformation agents such as yourself to convince people that it's just natural rock formations.

The ground around Yonaguni is made up mostly of various sandstones and mudstones...Have.you ever seen square sand dunes or mudslides that flow in perfect 90 degree angles? Because I haven't....

Look at the cuts that I've marked in yellow....They appear to be uniform in depth, and they form a perfect grid. The only way we could possibly replicate this today would be with high-powered lasers, and even then it may not come out as perfect as what we see here.

In green, you can see evidence that they were removing the stone in perfect cubes for some sort of use. I wonder, has anyone tested the stone blocks used in the construction of the Bosnian pyramid? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they were quarried at Yonaguni...

Finally, zoom in on the area that I've circled in red, and look at those cuts in the rock. Those weren't made with copper chisels and hammer stones. The only possible way those cuts could have been made is with a large, diamond circular saw, operating at incredibly high speeds that we couldn't even replicate today. Given the erosion seen in the picture, it would appear that the work taking place at Yonaguni was done at least 15,000 years ago, and likely much longer ago than that. Yet mainstream academic archaeologists refuse to even acknowledge it....

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: SLAYER69

Great post op ..I like the bringing together of the different sciences to give us a more plausible understanding of our past then the main stream narrative's we are told to believe to be true .If the people in positions to put the truth out can be so off the mark about the ancient past then it's only normal to question even our recent past ,as they would have us believe .

We are told today that co2 is the culprit and it's the human contribution that will either burn or freeze us to death in the future and we need to create taxes to avoid this new boogie man . Rubbish because it's that big orange ball in the sky that keeps us warm and there is nothing we can do to cause it to change in any way at all .

Not to help you get off track, but the data on climate change both accounts for solar radiation and sun cycles, determining that there is a significant portion of change/data that cannot be accounted for by solar cycles... Just wanted to let you know

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Thanks ...I have a tendency to go a bit ot when I dive into other subjects and sometimes just need to vent .The whole climate debate can be distilled down to the true physics of the matter .

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
As for Schoch or Hancock, its clear that every autor who earns a s*itload of money with his books/ DVDs is claiming he is right.. Hancock likes to listen to his own voice for sure.

Schoch, trying to predate the sphinx on his rain fissure thesis made sense till I saw a video of Hawass mentioning that the sphinx´s body could just have been carved out of the already fissured rock formation..makes sense, too..

Yonaguni, super interesting place..for me its clear that parts of it were manmade and carved/ used when it was over water level.
It is not necessary to claim it is COMPLETLEY manmade, it is clearly a natural rock formation that wa partly altered.
There´s a carved turtle formation on top of it, that proves it.

turtle
edit on 27-4-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

You don't put much stock into anything on ATS. Try contributing something other than short negitive one- liners.

Just saying ...

edit on 27-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm glad to know how you feel about Schoch Slayer.
I always wondered even when I was a wee lad lurking
on ATS because he seemed to have great answers for
questions Egyptologists wouldn't touch. The Giza plateau
has always struck me as a found after catastrophe type of
settlement . The end of the last ice age and all that melt water
did a number on our human history.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

You don't put much stock into anything on ATS. Try contributing something other than short negitive one- liners.

Just saying ...

And that refuted the fact that he goes on Ancient Aliens TV shows?
Nice one liner but it failed to point anything out on the subject of the thread whereas mine did.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Just saying ...

Nice one liner but it failed to point anything out on the subject of the thread whereas mine did.

Yes well he also has a PhD in Geophysics from Yale
so he's not pulling his ideas from thin air.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

Just saying ...

Yes well he also has a PhD in Geophysics from Yale o he's not pulling his ideas from thin air.

No, he's just pretending that subsurface erosion in a highly variable limestone bed can be relied upon to determine the time of exposure. This, as I pointed out, is not exactly supportable, not to mention he has far too few readings to even make the claim, and even if he's right, his own data would then prove that the sides of the sphinx are the oldest part, and not the front, which is what Schoch actually claims.

Harte

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is good topic to bring this back out. I read or saw something six years ago about all this. Given that American History taught at the college level is censored, I took quite a few of these classes for my degree. In my opinion History records are sanitized, cleaned up, omitted, and altered to support someone's agenda. I later lived in Richmond and Winchester, Virginia. While living there and visiting the sites, the facts that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both had slaves were revealed. They also had children that they fathered with the slaves. This was the biggest pile of dirt ever swept under the rug of proprietary! While I was living in Richmond in the mid 1990s the descendants of Thomas Jefferson who were black were wanting rights to be buried in the family cemetery. And so they should be. I really don't know why the truth can not be just out for public display, and why history books are not rewritten and examined for accuracy annually. New facts and ideas are revealed by archeologists constantly. I really like the America Unearthed show on cable. The Scott Walter fellow does a great job of speculating and examining new facts.

I believe the sphinx is 10-12 thousand years old and was built first and not by Egyptians. It may have even been a dog statue. We will probably never know. A Great Mystery. Where it is placed on the planet is very curious too. The mathematical relationship with the Earth is very interesting and revealing of high intellect and technology.
edit on 27-4-2015 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Woohoo! I'm glad I found this! I haven't been on much so I missed this gem! I was looking for a thread on Robert Bauval and found this!

I love Robert' Schoch's work! I started reading his work almost 20 years ago. I did a paper in college on the Sphinx and emailed him and he sent me information for my paper! I was surprised and of course I got an A. I have all his books lol.

People love to give him crap but he's dedicated his life to this work and study. I find his books and videos fascinating.

I'm watching this right now!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join