It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi rolls in Washington State and spills 14 million bees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I have no problem with bees..wasps are a whole other thing..nasty for sure. I think in some areas the africanized honeybee has taken over and they are definitely more aggressive.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

that would be yellowjackets
not honey bees

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I would bet the only reason there are huge losses in honey bees is the industrialization of a working natural environment....bee colonies have thrived for much longer than our recorded history and were doing just fine until we came along and changed their environment.....

4 million bees is a lot of bees hopefully a significant amount of these bees can find their way back to a an environment they can thrive in,if there are such places left.....

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

Maybe that's what they were try'n a say?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Bees are what keeps us fed . But they are dying off .

over fifty per cent of the world’s honey bee population have died.

Why would anyone care . The quote below answers that .

Why should you care? Because bees are responsible for pollinating 70 per cent of the world’s horticulture and agricultural crops, so without them we simply would not have fresh fruit and vegetables — in fact, we would all starve within five years, because nothing could be pollinated.

So without bees we are in trouble .

Dr Anderson found international acclaim in the year 2000, when he discovered the deadly Varroa destructor mite. The mite is single-handedly responsible for killing off over 50 per cent of the world’s bee population.

So some little mite might kill of mankind . Australia is the only place capable of hosting bees that is not affected but experts say its only a matter of time .

Forget MAD . Think of the bees

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join