It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking!! Ice Director Tells Congress Obama Trumps the Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Another deluxe Q&A session.

This time it's a Cabinet official defying general law and a case that I think is in court proceedings.

Looks like the usual arrogance from Administration appointments.

*Loud Whistle*

I think she is under duress from the dreaded Obama.Trance.Syndrome

ICE Director Sarah Saldana told a subcommittee of the House Budget Committee that a directive from Barack Obama trumps congressionally passed laws. As a law enforcement officer, she has a duty to uphold US immigration law as well as the constitution, which says in no uncertain terms that congress has the sole responsibility to pass laws.

but She disagrees !!!

videos in the article.

Next time she might be forced to plead the 5th !!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you see the one where the head of the Secret Service said, she could not fire anyone?

Dude! My head is about to explode!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Did you see the one where the head of the Secret Service said, she could not fire anyone?

And Hillary is on the move !!

Yikes !!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
And yet the world goes on oblivious to our trials and tears.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

" As a law enforcement officer, she has a duty to uphold US immigration law as well as the constitution, which says in no uncertain terms that congress has the sole responsibility to pass laws. "

Yes, Congress passes bills into laws... that is not the issue.

The issue is what laws we enforce, and which we do not.

If the Sheriff enforces the immigration law in one county
and another Sheriff in the next county does not, they
are each held accountable by the voters who but them
in office.... same goes for the POTUS and his policies.

Don't like it, get rid of Obama. But don't assume that
the next guy will be any better. Jeb Bush will only be
more of the same.

edit on 16-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I guess the Emperor's minion has spoken..... and the Congress will remain silent.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
While working for the Democrats as a lawyer, Obama studied the machinery of how legislation was debated and approved by state and federal departments. An executive order from the president could bypass the almost inevitable logjam due to pork barrel politics.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This truly is political madness. Has she even read the constitution???

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort
President Obama is a Constitutional scholar. Does anyone need to guess why he studied the Constitution in college after the last 6 years we have had ? And I do believe it is going to get worse. This administration knows exactly how to circumvent the laws that govern the 3 branches of our government . And how to manipulate the general populace to convince them everything is for their own good . Just my opinion (based on all information)

edit on 08America/ChicagoThu, 16 Apr 2015 20:26:18 -0500America/Chicago430082618 by here4this because: Added info

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
This truly is political madness. Has she even read the constitution???

"Constitution? We don need no stinkin' constitution!"
edit on 16-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I find it kind of appalling that in a country founded by men who went to war over a 2% tax increase on a beverage, we allow all the nonsense we see today. A bunch of cowards we have become.
edit on -05:002015Thu, 16 Apr 2015 21:13:01 -050030America/Chicago000000Thu, 16 Apr 2015 21:13:01 -0500ThuAmerica/ChicagoApr by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: PorteurDeMort
President Obama is a Constitutional scholar. Does anyone need to guess why he studied the Constitution in college after the last 6 years we have had ? And I do believe it is going to get worse. This administration knows exactly how to circumvent the laws that govern the 3 branches of our government . And how to manipulate the general populace to convince them everything is for their own good . Just my opinion (based on all information)

Personally, I don't believe Obama is smart enough to be a president and certainly shouldn't ever be called a scholar. His educational record is less than mundane, he was never even an achiever, let alone over-achiever LOL. However, what Obama lacks in intelligence, his handlers make-up by orders of magnitude. It's not Obama figuring out how to circumvent the constitution, it's his handlers and unfortunately, those assclowns remain in the shadows.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am pretty sure only congress can make laws. Judicial branch interprets and executive enforces. She might not be smarter than a fifth grader. This is some elementary school stuff.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Obama appointees seem to be just chair warmers. Not knowing that Congress makes Law while working for government? They must have all been too busy studying their communist manifestos and missed the whole part about separation of powers in our government while in school.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We need a 350 million person march to go right into the den of the devil and clean clock. Arrest the traitors. Bring back the tar and feathers. As long as the people don't care, they will do what they want. I really think it's over and the experiment was a wash out. Better luck next Empire.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This time it's a Cabinet official defying general law and a case that I think is in court proceedings.

*Loud Whistle*

ICE Director Sarah Saldana told a subcommittee of the House Budget Committee that a directive from Barack Obama trumps congressionally passed laws. As a law enforcement officer, she has a duty to uphold US immigration law as well as the constitution, which says in no uncertain terms that congress has the sole responsibility to pass laws.

but She disagrees !!!

videos in the article.

Honestly I don't blame her. I Imagine there is heightened tension amongst the rabble after one of Obama's inner circle laid the physical hurt on Reid

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

originally posted by: xuenchen

*Loud Whistle*

but She disagrees !!!

videos in the article.

Honestly I don't blame her. I Imagine there is heightened tension amongst the rabble after one of Obama's inner circle laid the physical hurt on Reid

There's always someone bigger. It is a dog eat dog world after all. I bet we get to see some real # go down soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yes, each and every department head (or, in many cases these days, acting department head) that I have seen on c-span testifying before a committee has been truly odious.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

True. Some study the Constitution in order to know how to protect it and serve its purpose, while others do so looking for "loopholes."

At this juncture, however, I believe the issue is our representatives are too concerned with protecting their own political careers and will not take the appropriate actions. Before the SCOTUS can rule, a case must be presented, even in the instance of judicial review.

new topics

top topics

join