It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Watch out. Dollar's in a 'huge bubble'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I'm getting ready as well. I'm thinking about something that will earn an income when TSHTF and am considering buying a Still. Think that might earn me an income?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: sasquatch5100

If each of us waits for the currency to fail yes. If not, no.

Gold is already currency, get some.

I've considered this for years. The trick is what marker gold is set against. It would be easy for me to say the true value of gold would come out to $9/oz, but if the dollar's gone ... then what?

The other Major Factor is that there is not enough gold on the planet for everyone to keep some jingling in their pocket. Not enough silver either, come to think of it.

I remember a government appeal (over here in Korea) for the citizens to turn over all their gold jewelry and save the country ... when the IMF trouble hit. They had it on TV and showed tables of the stuff being freely turned over. I guess it worked, but their economy turned into the same mess AmeriKa is in today. It just hasn't yet reached our stage of degradation.

Me ... I'm now heavily invested in brass, copper, lead, steel, plastic ... and powder.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Expat888

I'm getting ready as well. I'm thinking about something that will earn an income when TSHTF and am considering buying a Still. Think that might earn me an income?

If get still running youll be golden .. theres always customers ..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yes, it is just one of many possibilities. Gold is better than silver but, ultimately, the need is simply for a universally valued fungible currency at any given moment.

The argument that the reserves are hoarded is legitimate.

Frankly, if it comes down to buying a loaf of bread with gold, there will be bigger problems than where your savings are.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

shoes and boots
clothes
all alcoholic beverages
medical supplies
pens and paper
pharmaceuticals
gas and diesel
propane
firewood and matches and lighters
building supplies
games and books
musical instruments

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul: Watch out. Dollar's in a 'huge bubble' - and this is news?

It's in a bubble because Ron Paul's fellow Republicans are blocking any and every attempt at reforming Wall Street banks.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

It's in a bubble because Ron Paul's fellow Republicans are blocking any and every attempt at reforming Wall Street banks.

Like Obama....

University of California $1,799,460

Goldman Sachs $1,034,615

Harvard University $900,909

Microsoft Corp $854,717

JPMorgan Chase & Co $847,895

Google Inc $817,855

Citigroup Inc $755,057

Barack Obama (D) Top Contributors 2008

Holly Moola !!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: greencmp

We need a currency that is controlled by a fiscally responsible government, not ef'ing bankers.

Cheers - Dave

True , but a few presidents that were looking into the bankers ended up 6 feet in debt.

The system is to well greased, the people to distracted and to busy for anything to change.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: greencmp

We need a currency that is controlled by a fiscally responsible government, not ef'ing bankers.

Cheers - Dave

True , but a few presidents that were looking into the bankers ended up 6 feet in debt.

The system is too well greased, the people too distracted and too busy for anything to change.

That's what I love about this site. Somebody always already knows the real deal.

We've got to get rid of the debt concept completely. If you don't have the coin to pay for it ... well ... then you can't have it. How simple is that?

Keep the banks. Make simple rules. Every thing that goes in is taxed 10%. Everything that moves from one bank to another ... 10% tax. Withdrawal in coin ... 10% tax. I would be ever oh-so lucky if I only paid out 20% in taxes.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yes, if only Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and POTUS, then we'd have real reform, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Still trying to find something to convert my USD into other than food and bullets...

Going to be pretty bad when all of a sudden a few million americans find out they've wasted their lives in the pursuit of fiat currency not worth the paper it's printed on.

Granted, very few of them will even get to keep the paper.

Gold is all stashed away in safes- it won't take over as a replacement currency for a long, long time after the crash of fiat currency.
If anyone knows what will be worth anything outside of food, clean water, cigs, and bullets- please, let me know

I'm entirely convinced lighters will be the currency after the collapse.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

All fiat currency is going to fail sooner or later.....This includes everyone including....US,Russia,Europe,China. It is all a lie and the men at the top have a plan.............

They will make things so bad economically the fools will scream and beg on their knees for change. TPTB will save the day and all it will cost is our liberty and children's futures. This is exactly the same plan Hitler,Stalin,Mao used to gain and keep control. Fear is the man motivator and the simple minded idiots at the bottom buy it time after time....Generation after generation.

Thankfully for the world the US founding fathers foretold of this happening. It is also the reason why the PTB want the idiots at the bottom to buy into the lie we are a democracy......The US is a republic. This simple document will truly save the world because it has limits put in place that if crossed will be sure warning signs. These signs are already happening as we speak. Many laws are actually unconstitutional in nature. Eventually the people will figure this out and a return to a constitutional republic will happen.
edit on 16-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Gold is worthless as a currency. There's too much wealth out there for it to back it all, and if we were going to ever use it, things would start off with a gold confiscation like has happened in the past.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes, if only Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and POTUS, then we'd have real reform, right?

I agree , if only they had a majority in Congress and a Democratic President life would be good , right ? Oh, wait , it was that way for 6 years prior..hmmm

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As far as gold and "precious metals" go , wasnt there a time in this countries past to where they made ownership of gold and other precious metals illegal to own by the private citizens ? And did they not confiscate afterwards ? Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Gold is worthless as a currency. There's too much wealth out there for it to back it all, and if we were going to ever use it, things would start off with a gold confiscation like has happened in the past.

The truth is that a single gram of gold could be the entirety of the circulating currency if we could measure it in femtograms.

The idea that the volume or quantity of a currency limits its utility is specious. It would just be extremely valuable.

The confiscation happened a century ago and yet we still do have some in circulation.
edit on 16-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The master plan of 1933 by the great FDR (aka FeDeral Reserve)

Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The order criminalized the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.

Executive Order 6102

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The truth is that a single gram of gold could be the entirety of the circulating currency if we could measure it in femtograms.

The idea that the volume or quantity of a currency limits its utility is specious. It would just be extremely valuable.

The confiscation happened a century ago and yet we still do have some in circulation.

This only works in a closed economic system. In an open one where the currency is trading with every other currency and goods can also be sold in other currencies it becomes necessary for whatever medium we're using to also hold value to other nations. A single gram of gold is only worth the market rate of a single gram of gold because every other nation can also obtain and sell gold.

Even if what you say is true, more likely what we would do for convenience is offer paper currency representing a claim to x femtograms of the material. Which as we already know, only leads to being taken off of that standard in the future when currency expansion demands it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Gold is universally valued. The only problem with gold is its transportability from the point of view of protectionist policy makers, economic isolationists and fiat currency issuers.

You mean when pseudo economists inflate the currency. I would rather allow mining and reclamation to be the only sources of inflation.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Land

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join