It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 People Who Shaped The Illuminati Conspiracy Theory (ATS Member makes it to No.2 on the list...)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hi folks.

The modern Illuminati are an illusive bunch. In fact, they are so illusive that you would be forgiven in thinking that they dont exist at all.

The Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society, was founded on May 1, 1776. After 11 years of transition, reform, internal squabbling, attempts at expansion, conflict, dissent and decline the order finally gave up the ghost in 1787.

Or did it?

Perhaps not.

Some people maintain that world events have been controlled and manipulated by the Illuminati ever since with some claiming that many notable people, even past Presidents of the United States, were or are members of the Illuminati. Not only this but some also contend that a variety of historical events were orchestrated by the Illuminati, from the Battle of Waterloo, the French Revolution and President John F. Kennedy's assassination to an alleged communist plot to hasten the New World Order by infiltrating the Hollywood film industry.

Of course, this is all a load of rubbish. After all, if the Illuminati did exist in our modern age they would SURELY have a website and as we all know they definitely have no...oh, wait.

Which begs the question; how did we get here? How did this small secret society become the ultimate boogeyman?

Well, thankfully Listverse have provided us with a 'Top 10' list of People Who Shaped The Illuminati Conspiracy Theory. We find all of the usual suspects on the list; Barruel, John Robison, Nesta Helen Webster and Alice Bailey, amongst others. What did surprise me was the lists No. 2 entry...

In 2008, an individual with the username “Hidden Hand” held a Q and A session on the forum of conspiracy theory website abovetopsecret.com. Claiming to be a member of the Illuminati, Hidden Hand stated that it was his duty to make contact with the public and answer their questions pertaining to his organization. Apparently, the “Law of our Creator” requires the Earth’s secret rulers to occasionally break their impenetrable wall of secrecy to answer questions on Internet forums.

Over the course of two days, Hidden Hand related his fantastic tale in no less than 27,567 words over 154 posts. While many users were incredulous, the punctual manner in which the answers were posted, as well as the complexity and continuity of the narrative, led others to conclude that Hidden Hand was the real deal. It’s very likely Hidden Hand will be a staple of contemporary Illuminati lore for the foreseeable future.

Of course, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Though a great deal of what Hidden Hand wrote was original, anyone with a passing familiarity with New Age cults would identify a number of direct references to dubious fringe beliefs such as “Star Seeds,” the “Confederation of Planets,” and the December 21, 2012, “Ascension” mythos. In fact, it was because ascension was imminent that Hidden Hand claimed he was directed to divulge his information. (The fact nothing much has changed since December 21, 2012, has certainly impacted many people’s belief in a number of interrelated New Age religious beliefs and conspiracy theories.)

It’s hard to imagine someone going through all the trouble of researching these topics and concocting such a story simply to hoax the online conspiracy theory community, but stranger things have happened on the Internet. No one is entirely certain what Hidden Hand’s agenda was, and it’s highly unlikely we will ever find out.

That Hidden Hand thread can be found here.

Now, this was before my time and so I was not aware of it at all. It is interesting, though, that someone like that can make such a list. And, of course, we could argue all day about whether Hidden Hand should be on the list but the fact is; he/she is.

So what does this say about our beloved Illuminati? Should we finally stop using such an obviously 'Hollywood' title to describe the very real problem of elitism? Does the fact that some random avatar from an obscure conspiracy website can be named on such a list completely undermine the very notion of an Illuminati? Or, is that just what 'they' want us to think?

Say what you want about the article but at the very least it may have introduced a few more inquisitive minds to the ATS asylum. And I mean that with affection, of course...
edit on 15/4/2015 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It’s hard to imagine someone going through all the trouble of researching these topics and concocting such a story simply to hoax the online conspiracy theory community

Lol... They obviously haven't heard of Bernard then..
edit on 15/4/15 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

It’s hard to imagine someone going through all the trouble of researching these topics and concocting such a story simply to hoax the online conspiracy theory community

And John Titor......

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I remember coming across a website that asserted that sometime in the 1920's-1930's a female philosopher and writer took it upon herself to establish an anti-Semitic propaganda piece under the guise of the "Illuminati". Basically, she co-opted the original Bavarian Illuminati name, as so many others have done since then.

I cannot remember her name of the website, and my Google searches have been yielding nothing but modern theory lately.

If I stumble back upon that webpage somehow I'll post the link for future reference.

"Illuminati" just means 'enlightened ones' and everyone these days who smokes a j or takes a trip is suddenly claiming to be 'enlightened" by pure virtue of drug use and contemplation....some even going so far to re co-opt the name for their own personal ventures and musical gimmick braggart rights.

It really is a laugh riot...and also kind of sad and confusing at the same time.

So it goes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

You sure you're not thinking of Nesta Helen Webster, who was mentioned in the article/OP?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My theory is that Hidden Hand wasn't one person, but in fact a group of no less than 3 trolls using the same account and taking turns replying to posters.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Did I miss any reference to Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson and their books - The Illuminatus Trilogy?

PDF here for anyone interested:

www.integralbook.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

FFS, even Bernard hasn't heard of Bernard

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

I totally didn't even see her listed. I might need new glasses.
Thank you for pointing out my error.

edit on 4/15/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting error - fixed

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
And THIS post led me to the 2+ hour reading of the Windows of Opportunity Thread. Good read. Very thought-provoking. Very long.
Also, unless I'm missing something because I'm tired, he never really directly referred to himself as Illuminati. There were references to the pyramid and such, but he set Rothchilds and Rockefellers and any name we actually know as lower-leveled houses with those names being essentially puppets to the higher houses.

Aside from any fact or fiction involved, what an honor for ATS to have that Thread originated here! It seems to have made the rounds on the internet quite a bit in the 7 years.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

No, you didn't miss it. Funnily enough that was my first thought too. It seems the article focuses on purely academic/non-fictionalised accounts of the Illuminati which I think is missing the point.

I would say we have works of fiction to thank for our modern interpretation of the Illuminati than anything published as 'real'.

Good shout

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
None if it's (hidden hand) prophecies came true! The big fibber!

The ice caps are still there, the stock market is up and down like a brides nighty and those cities are still habited.

Also for a clever being you would know that rivers run to em the sea not from it.

Hoax!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Not a problem

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Very true.

Which makes it even more silly that such a person would appear on such a list.

Unless, of course, this was a very subtle advertising ploy by Bill et al?

Why not?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

and many other Robert Anton Wilson books as well. Some of his best work was in analyzing, promoting, and filling in the historical aspects of the Illuminati.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Good OP. Has anyone joined the Illuminati using the linked sites application tool? And if so what can you tell us about what happened next? I have to admit I'm tempted just out of sheer curiosity. I might be prepared to apply by way of an ATS experiment if enough members think its sensible and worth trying.
edit on 16-4-2015 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
From that thread he quotes some items we can look back on and reflect as him telling the truth

San Francisco and Damascus, will be uninhabitable by the end of 2010, possibly even sooner. Again, it depends upon certain 'forces' at play, and which timelines are activated. Humanity, though utterly unconscious of the fact, has a significant part to play in this. You (as a collective consciousness of the planet) are choosing the Negative Polarization by default, by the quality of your thoughts and actions. Thought is creative energy, focused. You get exactly what you put out.

There will be dramatic changes to your climate and weather conditions over the next few years, as the time of the Great Harvest approaches. You will see windspeeds surpassing 300 miles per hour at times. There will be raging tsunamis and widespread devastation; and a solar emission in late 2009 early 2010 that will cause major melting of the ice caps, and subsequent drastic rise in sea levels, leaving many (international) metropolitan areas underwater.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Let me also add this...

Question from a user:

Is 2012 harvest time?

When you speak of the harvest, it has echoes of Chaos Gnosticism in the sense that we are divine souls trapped in the physical world, continuously re-incarnated into flesh until the time that we reach such a level of spiritual 'gnosis' that we are able to avoid being re-incarnated in our next cycle. Is this the foundation of your belief?

His response...it's a long one so I shortened it.

Another excellent (and very insightful) question. Thank you.
The higher the quality of the question, the more depth I can give to my answer. It all has to do with the Laws of Confusion and Free Will.

Yes, the noonday Winter Solstice Sun of December 21st, 2012 is the time when the Lord of The Harvest shall return. You might know him as "Nibiru".

Read up on the Mayan Prophesies and Calendrical events for more detail upon how the actual Galactic and Universal Cycles work. The "Travelers" who gave them this information were the same ones who visited the the Civilization of Atlantis. The Mayans used that information by creating with the Positive vibration of the Polarity. The Atlanteans opted for the Negative.

Yes, to answer your question. There is much truth in some of the ancient Gnostic texts, though there are also distortions. The information is not 'pure'. It came through many 'filters'.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Again, I'm not claiming he's correct. I'm an atheist after all.

However, in his defense, the prophecies he discussed were all dependent upon various "possibilities and alternate scripts". "Certain forces at play" determined those prophecies.

Convenient mediumship? Sure. There's any number of things you could claim about his tactics.

If you take it by the letter of what he said, the outcomes were highly variable.

Worth mentioning is the possibility of his scenario playing out and the PTB didn't hit the numbers they were targeting, thus leaving us in an alternate world of 3rd? session recognition or we are of the "lukewarm" crowd. However, I have no "personal mystical occurrence" of reference here!

Pretty heavy stuff regardless.
edit on 16-4-2015 by gottaknow because: because because

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hotel1

Yes I have just joined now to see what it is all about ... also they have facebook account

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join