It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonization Heritage destruction leads to Queen Victoria vandalism!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dare I say it, but if a statue of someone more than a hundred years dead still has the power to oppress you, then you probably carry your prison cell around with you in your head.

Just my opinion...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: meridie

I agree. I saw a quote a few days ago, can't remember exactly what it said, but it was some like 'Jo person, living it dead, can be blamed for your current choises.'

The harsh reality is that our country's history is not even taught in schools anymore. Even in black schools, they lets nothing about the first settlers in SA, nothing about the Bier War, and nothing about the Battle of Blood River. So either they Google it in their free time, or just listen to other people's opinions and follow that.

Also just my Independent Opinion hehe

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Its strange how the white people, to this day, still say that there were no Black fellas in South Africa when they settled there....its like saying there were no spiders, snakes, and kangaroos in Oz when white man appeared......laughable!!

Lets face it, the Dutch ONLY used the "Base camp" at where they stopped, the Cape Town area, as a 1/2 way point for their journey to the riches of the East Indies and SE Asia......NOT because they wanted to colonize Africa and paint it white. They Couldnt sail to Asia without a stop off point somewhere.....and Africa..the very most Southern tip, was the most logical.
The rest of the "Colonization" idea came later as the whiteys enjoy a spot of warm weather, and the Brits joined in.

But why any White People would want to still live in Africa, in this day and age, just baffles me.
Whites ARE HATED in Africa, who in the World would want to live in that.....its like the USA back to front, but 1000 times worse.

More baffling is the picture of the OP, of the Rhodes statue......why are there only white students standing around? are they cheering too? Bring those nice white girls over here.....and out of Africa....we need them more

Africans at there best...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-4-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When the money ain't right people will vent their anger at objects or other people, it happens only all the time, if they were doing well they could give a good gaddamn about a statue.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sadly, its not just against whites..........its blacks against blacks.

www.abc.net.au...

Why cant we all just get along.......sort of anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Sadly, its not just against whites..........its blacks against blacks.

www.abc.net.au...

Why cant we all just get along.......sort of anyway.

Because when people are fighting over scraps they don't have the time to play nice, other foreign Africans competing with them in the informal economy is seen as an immediate threat.

And gort51 Zulu war chants is Africans at their best??..really??.. you should expand your knowledge more brother man..

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I notice you didn't answer my question. Do you think the Native Americans should be grateful because the Europeans brought "better living conditions" to America? Because that's the same type of situation, except the Natives in South Africa eventually got the invaders to relinquish power.

Also, if the Native Americans & First Nations in Canada did ever regain control of their lands, what do you think they'd do? Some may choose to continue the current American/Canadian lifestyle. But I can guarantee you others would want to erase the monuments to the hurtful events of the last several centuries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join