It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daredevil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
All finished now.

Vincent D'Onofrio was great as Kingpin.

I think the bar has again been set high, hopefully the spin offs with Luke Cage and the like keep it up.

Bring on Avengers Age of Ultron!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
All finished now.

Vincent D'Onofrio was great as Kingpin.

I think the bar has again been set high, hopefully the spin offs with Luke Cage and the like keep it up.

Bring on Avengers Age of Ultron!

Did y'all know that this is THE daredevil for the marvel movie universe as well?!??!

I got a crisp 20$ bill says we DD in civil war!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

What's everyone's thought on Kingpin?

I read an article with the actor where he said.

" this will be the ONLY kingpin people think about when they think kingpin".

Well honestly I was a little disappointed when he first appeared.... However he is really growing on me now. Not quite ready to say I LOVE him..... Yet, but I do love the "justified" type way they are focusing on both daredevil and kingpin. Like they are both the 2 main characters.

It is sad that Micheal Clarke Duncan died, I loved him as Kingpin and would have loved to see how he would have portrayed him in this medium. That being said this Kingpin is pretty well cast and very textured in his own right other than being just a touch too small horizontally.

Overall the series was pretty solid, and I would like to see Marvel do more than just the four leading into The Defenders. There are some characters where the longer series arcs would work better than film. The Hulk, Punisher and Brother Voodoo come to mind. And now that Sony and Marvel are working together, it would be really great if they start giving mention of Spiderman if not giving him some cameo time.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KeliOnyx

originally posted by: Entreri06

What's everyone's thought on Kingpin?

I read an article with the actor where he said.

" this will be the ONLY kingpin people think about when they think kingpin".

Well honestly I was a little disappointed when he first appeared.... However he is really growing on me now. Not quite ready to say I LOVE him..... Yet, but I do love the "justified" type way they are focusing on both daredevil and kingpin. Like they are both the 2 main characters.

It is sad that Micheal Clarke Duncan died, I loved him as Kingpin and would have loved to see how he would have portrayed him in this medium. That being said this Kingpin is pretty well cast and very textured in his own right other than being just a touch too small horizontally.

Overall the series was pretty solid, and I would like to see Marvel do more than just the four leading into The Defenders. There are some characters where the longer series arcs would work better than film. The Hulk, Punisher and Brother Voodoo come to mind. And now that Sony and Marvel are working together, it would be really great if they start giving mention of Spiderman if not giving him some cameo time.

Micheal c dunkin was my first thought when I read I read the new kingpins quote about this being the only real kingpin when he was thru. I was like "too soon" lol.

However after finishing the series, he's right. His acting made the series. They might could have done the camera angles to make him look taller, but I loved every second of private piles performance. The power he displayed when fighting, and his willingness to fight himself was just awsome. I've read ALOT of comics, but never much DD. I know who kingpin is of course, but can't think of a comic he was in that I've read. So I didn't really have an preconceived person kingpin was.

His portrayal was just amazing! I don't think the show works without him. I haven't read anything on a season 2 yet. Anyone else heard if they are doing one? Or just cameos in like cage and company?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
From the way I understand it we won't see a possible DD season 2 until after the Defenders. If I had to guess we get AKA Jessica Jones around October, Luke Cage in April 2016 and Iron Fist in October 2016. Granted all of that is subject to change but it is the current schedule.

No doubt his performance was great, my only issue was he was just a touch too narrow but in the end still a pretty imposing figure. And they messed his fighting style up a little bit by having him rely solely on brute strength. One of the defining things about Kingpin is that for his size and strength he is a deceptively fast and agile fighter. And quite capable of going hand to hand with Daredevil, Captain America and Spiderman.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Going to have to watch this now. The sexy redhead who played "Jessica" in True Blood is on it...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Watched it. Wish they would have left the political BS out of it.

Prolly watch the second season if i can stomach it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Watched it. Wish they would have left the political BS out of it.

Prolly watch the second season if i can stomach it.

How was it political??

I'm a politics nerd and didn't notice anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The guy who played "Shane" on Walking Dead is going to be playing The Punisher on this show. Nice choice for that character.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah am excited to see the Punisher in the show, that's some welcome news, judging by how they handled Daredevil I am optimistic they'll do a good job with the character.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah am excited to see the Punisher in the show, that's some welcome news, judging by how they handled Daredevil I am optimistic they'll do a good job with the character.

Yea and punisher has to be one of the easier to portray character. He's every action hero...ever. :p

top topics

<< 1   >>

join