It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger films UFO orbs from airplane

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

kek this is +1

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why is this obvious fake video on the ATS twitter page?

Oh i get it, new recruits. Right.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd rather talk about this video with regards to planes & ufos (but I can't post a new thread here):

This one is much more interesting because of who filmed it (a person who normally films science/ammo experiments) and what it was filmed on (a high-speed camera normally used to capture said experiments).

It is interesting because it is so very fast and oddly appears to intersect the contrail of the plane.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
It is interesting because it is so very fast and oddly appears to intersect the contrail of the plane.
Common mistake to say it's fast. We can only say it covers the frame in a short time, but a nearby object like an insect can do that without going very fast.

No way to tell exactly what it is, but it is certainly within the flight capabilities of a nearby insect.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I suppose that is more accurate, but I'm not sure about a close insect. Here's what he said in the summary:

This really has me baffled because the "most reasonable" explanations can almost be ruled out. If it were an insect just passing in front of the lens, at infinity focus and 12x zoom, it would have just been a very large gray blob with no definition at all. With my camera, an object will not even be close to being focused until it is over 50 to 100 feet away, with those settings. Shutterspeed of the camera was at least 1/600th of a second, but probably much faster, at 1/1000th of a second or more. (the only setting I don't remember)

edit on 22Sat, 11 Apr 2015 22:22:19 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kreinhard

Thats one of the better videos I have seen. Nothing too ambitious if it is a hoax, not at all explainable in common thought if true.

very cool

NAAIICE.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't respond very often and am not a ufo junky but back around 2000 or so I saw that same "exact" thing with my own eyes. It was about 2 am. In Texas and I was driving home with my wife. It formed a triangle, then several other formations and ultimately disapated very quickly. Scared the sh#% out of me. Freaks me out watching it right now. Might be a fake, but this phenomenon is 100% real. Whatever it may be!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven
That's a very imprecise statement, and not entirely accurate.
In fact what actually happens at increasing distances from the lens is that the object becomes more and more defined. He can't just pick an arbitrary distance and say it would have been blurry at that distance, because what if that wasn't the true distance to the object? There are a whole range of potential distances between the camera and the object to consider, and that comment indicates he is not applying such a disciplined thought process of considering various distances, their effects on image clarity, and relative speeds an object would need to traverse the frame in that time.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sorry op but its a fake video

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Anybody know if this YT channel ( or others hosting the video) is known to posting hoaxes? And is there any evidence supporting that?

~Tenth

Both Arbitrageur and I responded to this request with evidence as requested yet no action has been taken to move the thread to the appropriate forum , in the end all we did is post more click bait hoaxes .... how disappointing.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
That's a very imprecise statement, and not entirely accurate.
In fact what actually happens at increasing distances from the lens is that the object becomes more and more defined. He can't just pick an arbitrary distance and say it would have been blurry at that distance, because what if that wasn't the true distance to the object? There are a whole range of potential distances between the camera and the object to consider, and that comment indicates he is not applying such a disciplined thought process of considering various distances, their effects on image clarity, and relative speeds an object would need to traverse the frame in that time.

So, this is the camera that he uses. It's got a height of 3 inches. Let's say the lens is 1" in diameter (it looks closer to 2", but it's also landscape). The object crosses the frame in about 1.5 seconds (rough timing of the video) at 20x real-speed (at a minimum, according to him).

Assuming that it's right in front of the lens, this suggests a velocity of 1" in 0.075 seconds, or 1.11... feet per second, which is certainly attainable by insects (a type of horsefly is allegedly capable of flying 132 feet per second). At that speed, said horsefly could have been over a hundred feet away, I suppose. So, it could well have been an insect if my assumptions and math are accurate.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I agree, I wasn't happy about posting hoaxed clickbait but I only did it since the ATS staff requested further information. I'm surprised no action has been taken though I think I read somewhere that one of the owners has to approve moving a topic to the hoax bin so maybe it's pending review by an ATS owner? I can only hope that's the only reason it hasn't been moved yet.

Now you're thinking like a researcher, so you're on the right track, but you need to learn more about photography to get the details right, and you may need a little more information. Your source said the focal length of the lens is 36 - 432 mm (35mm equivalent): on that scale 50mm is close to a magnification of 0%. Below 50mm is wide angle view, and above 50mm is telephoto (zoom). So to know how wide the frame is at various distances you would either need to know the focal length setting, or you would need to have an object of known size and known distance in the frame to calibrate the field of view.

To learn how clear or fuzzy the object would be at various distances, you would also need to know the aperture, since smaller apertures make out of focus objects look sharper. You could then do more precise calculations on exactly how fuzzy it would be, search the topic "circle of confusion", a photographic topic about focus.

When photographers take pictures (or videos) and later see things in them they didn't notice while taking the picture, birds and bugs are generally some of the first possibilities to consider since they are abundant and end up in photos quite often and because they are often moving too fast to be captured clearly their images can be blurry. We call the blurry images of birds "blurds" and some people think they don't look much like birds but photography can and does blur moving objects under certain conditions. By the way he said he didn't know the shutter speed so you would need to know that too if you wanted to know how much blurring to expect, though if he's shooting at 600fps I guess it can't be longer than 1/600 second.

Until that analysis is done I don't think an insect can be excluded, and even if the analysis was done I'd still review it carefully for errors because it can get a little tricky to do and errors are possible.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Nice find and excellent footage

Looks like three ufo orbs in flight formation.

You fall for this stuff all the time don't you !

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
With regards to your video link the guys camera and horsefly speed.

Arbitrageur gave you useful info as many on here are into photography in a big way (myself 35 yrs)now as for the horsefly speed.

The speed of the male horsefly is attributed to Jerry Butler, an entomologist at the University of Florida, who once got a male Hybomitra to chase a plastic pellet fired from an air rifle; "Which it caught in midair and dropped," Butler says. From the speed of the pellet, he calculated the fly was going at least 90 miles per hour (145 km/h) at the beginning of female pursuit.

I find that difficult to believe !

Now the video you link to and the video posters Casio camera, it uses a 1/1.8 " sensor very small that's how it has the equivalent of a 36-432mm lens on a 35mm camera it's actual focal length is 7.3-36mm, shooting at his 600 fps speed the resolution of the image is a very poor 432-192 pixels 0.0829 mega pixels you cant do any serious work at that resolution.

Now lets look at his video he was using 12x zoom to view the jet we can go here Online Depth of Field Calculator
Now choosing his camera it stated 12x zoom so that's 36mm focal length (you use the actual not the 35mm equivalent)
widest aperture for that camera at 36mm is f4.6 it's bright sunlight so it could be f5.6,f8 f11 etc, I put in f8 to get an idea of possible depth of field, jets produce contrails around the 25,000 ft level so that gives a good focusing distance the result gives see screen capture.

As you can see everything from 88 ft to infinity would be in acceptable focus and had he used the the hyperfocal distance everything from 44 ft would be in reasonable focus.

So the object is closer to the camera and magnified 12x so most likely a insect.

The Casio user doesn't seem to know that much about his camera depth of field etc if he did he would not need to ask the questions he does about his own video.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Faked. The "orbs" size and shape look just like one of the brushes I use a lot in Photoshop...have a feeling other posters were right and this was created in After Effects or Photoshop.

Other people on the plane would've noticed someone filming out the window like that and would've at least looked. Had something like that been there, you'd hear a lot more chatter about it on the video.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

But the real trick was keeping the orbs in context with the camera movement, which if fake, they did a great job.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

It's an insect moving close to the camera.

You can see two more black blob looking insects in the video starting at 0:55 coming from the bottom right closer to the camera.

One of them reacts to the gun firing by moving more quickly reproducing the same effect.

It does not intersect the contrail, the plane is over 25,000 feet altitude, the insect is much closer.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
looks fake as # to me

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kreinhard
This video was posted on a non-conspiracy/ufo forum I visit occasionally. From the Yahoo page:

An airline passenger recently captured footage of strange UFO orbs over Atlanta, Georgia, USA. What do you think they are?

Passenger Films UFO orbs from airplane

(Not sure how to embed a Yahoo video, sorry for the link.)

Seriously, you should have posted this video in the hoax bin first of all so that there could be an argument made to get it out of there...unfortunately you chose the path most commonly traveled.

It was so CGI that I almost threw up and wanted to draw on something with crayons...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It really saddens me to see false information like this. And we have the gall to accuse NASA and the government of misinformation? When we are the ones pulling stunts like this. There are even newspapers reporting this video as a legitimate UFO sighting and of course the view greedy youtubers have started their shifts.

And this is why we will never know if there really is intelligent life out there, not in this lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join