It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the eyes and ears, how is it possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
At the present there is more surveillance, spying, eavesdropping, snooping, and sleuthing going on every minute of every day than ever before. The depth and breadth of the US government's big brother tactics isn't even known but the small part we know of is terrifying.

With all the eyes and ears and spying and eavesdropping and such going on in every corner of the country, how can so many gangs, cartels, terrorists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, con men, slave traders, and criminals of every type and nature go about their business seemingly uninterrupted?

Every once in a while the DHS spits out a quick story about an attack that was averted... OK... but what about all the other illegal crap that happens 24/7? Where were you then?

Is it me, or is there something missing here... I know the obvious answer is that the people doing the spying are also the ones committing the crimes. And that's probably true to a point. But seriously, how can so much criminal activity go unnoticed with soooo much surveillance???

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My guess is, we collect a LOT of data but don't analyze it all. That is always the issue of wheat vs. chaff and man power. Then there is "triage"... The people in charge decide what to act on. Also, can you even image how much is actually being taken care of? No, because it was taken care of, you never hear about it.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

*You: ".... how can so many gangs, cartels, terrorists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, con men, slave traders, and criminals of every type and nature go about their business seemingly uninterrupted?"

*Answer? Simple. They are allowed to exist. You've heard of the Illuminati? Secret Societies? The Powers-that-Be? Those that pull the strings? Hold all the cards? That's them.

Hard to get to understand I know....but its all about domination, control, conspiracy, hidden agendas and long term designs for a world after you, me and the next guy are long gone.

Just one small, tiny example...the war on drugs: the ones having the war against them...are the ones supplying them. Evil prevails...

Sadly...

edit on 9-4-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The simple answer is "information overload". There's no way they can have a person listen to every call or process every bit of data they collect. So they have to use keywords and algorithms to detect "suspicious" patterns of data. And that's just to determine who to watch. And since there's more than 320 million people in the US, that's a lot of data to sift through.

And there's no guarantee they'd notice "criminal behavior" even if they were listening to a specific call, reading a specific series of texts messages, or watching people on surveillance footage. If I'm messaging someone about getting tickets to a playoff game, how do you know it isn't code for something else? And if I see a friend & shake his hand, how do you know if something exchanged hands? And if something did exchange hands, how do you know it's something illegal? And remember, people are supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty" in America. So you can't even search people without probable cause or a warrant.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ahh.. but then they couldnt justify bloated budgets and would have to give up all the toys they get from the military ..
edit on 9/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm more with 'mysterious stranger' than 'enlightened servant'. It's not the amount of data. It's about priorities.

the Illuminati gets their power from allowing childrape and using it for blackmail.

for example. And the illuminati IS the govt.

for a fact.

if otherwise, then what you see going on in the UK with all the expose's would be going on here too, because it is JUST AS PREVALENT.

but here in the good ole USA..we have called it 'hysteria' and raped children liars.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ive been typing three times to explain how.
But it wont post. Error 666.
i can read number too. Jesus Christ. Adolf Hitler have same numbers right? 666.

Think of this, whoever has "THOUGHT" of first must be really good.

And the concept of 3 is I think wromg by the way and partly correct. We dont know. Were really 3. Like 333. 666. 999.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Kidding. Its not MAGIC it was science and knowledge with a little bit of apple and oranges! Were all equal. We can all do the same. Im just Quick. :p

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

dont you think it just show that you were actually the ones resisting change and still with old beliefs? Food for thought! And you were so noisy arpund blabbibg about your reality of the NOW. TSK.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TwoRavens
I'm more with 'mysterious stranger' than 'enlightened servant'. It's not the amount of data. It's about priorities.

Well done. I had to star your post for the word play.

I guess I'd agree to a mixture of both too much info and priorities, since they'd have to prioritize which data to follow up on. There's also the assumption that they actually want to stop criminal behavior, which I don't think they do.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

They need a reason in which to feed the sheep so they can "fundamentally change" our America by militarization of law enforcement, gun grabs, Constitutional over-reaching, etc....all to keep little old you safe!

Do you feel safe?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
how do you surveil unspoken communication like whistles, gestures, and signs?

Its called "organizaed crime" for a reason.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Surveillance is FOR YOU

Not for anything else

If you ever step out of line and start going against the government, they want to be able to get you

Police state

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

It is a massive amount of data...and I guess that is kind of my point. Its so much...how can it not be catching more of the bad things happening every single day?

I understand now hearing about the successes but still...there is so much happening every day I wonder how effective any of the big brother stuff really is, or if it is being used the way they said it was...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I suspected that the people doing the snooping were the same ones committing the crimes, in one way or another, but there is so much criminal activity in a huge variety of ways. Its mind boggling that more isn't prevented or at least solved.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Innocent until proven guilty and probably cause are a thing of the past. They simply do not exist any more. When a chief of police says "...obeying traffic laws too closely is suspicious and grounds for being pulled over..." forget the concept of innocent until proven guilty and probably cause.

A phone conversation could be in some kind of code, a simple handshake may be innocent and it may not. Agreed. But there are thousands of far more obvious crimes that seem to go unnoticed. With so much data being gathered, it seems almost impossible to miss that much criminal activity every single day.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Haha...so the thousand dollar toilet seat wins out over common sense again...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

Interesting perspective...the crime is allowed so the perpetrators can be blackmailed or otherwise enslaved...so to speak...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Good point. The last thing government wants to do is solve all of society's problems. Then we wouldn't need them any more.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

(hysterical screaming...) Won't someone think of the children!!!

Its for your own good...you need us to protect you....from us...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join