It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's HERE: Radiation Detected off Vancouver Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We all knew it was just a matter of time.

Or did we? It seems that most people have simply forgotten about this incredible threat looming over us.

Well...the wait is over. It's here on the coast of North America:

Japanese Reactor Radiation Detected Off Vancouver Island

University of Victoria chemical oceanographer Jay Cullen said Monday that it's the first time radiation has been found on the shorelines of North America since the quake and tsunami ravaged the Japanese north coast and disabled the nuclear reactor.

Low levels of the radioactive isotope Cesium-134, which scientists say can only come from Fukushima, were found in waters collected on Feb. 19 off a dock at Ucluelet, British Columbia, about 195 miles west of Victoria, Cullen said.

edit on 8-4-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

I take an EXTRA special interest in this, because I live in the NW corner of Washington State, and our own waters are right next door.

However, please be sure to read the whole article. While it's alarming that ANY radiation from Fukushima is here, the current levels (they say) are nothing to worry about:

He said the arrival of radioactive water on North American shores from Japan was expected this year. The distance from Japan to Ucluelet is more than 4,700 miles.

"The levels we are seeing are so low that we don't expect there to be impacts on the health of either the marine environment or people living along the coast," Cullen said.

"We're more than a thousand-fold below even the drinking water standard in the coastal waters being sampled at this point. Those levels are much, much, much lower than what's allowable in our drinking water."

Cullen said in a statement that if a person swam for six hours each day in water with Cesium levels twice as high as those found in Ucluelet, they'd receive a radiation dose that is more than 1,000 times less than that of a single dental X-ray.

My bigger concern, is that this is just the beginning. The radiation is still leaking....it's still making its way over to us. At what point do the 'scientist' say that we SHOULD be concerned? When rare cancers start showing up?

(I also want to add....that this is why I opt out of my dental xrays unless absolutely called for!!!!!
)

ETA: thread is shut down because of previous OP. (I really did a search first, before wasting my time!) I want to link the article from the other OP, because I think it's a better one. Credit to ATS member jrod)

Vancouver Sun article

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

edit on 8-4-2015 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There was a thread started yesterday on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 482015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

You really opt out of Dental X-Rays because you're afraid of radiation?

LOL.

Have you ever flown? You get more radiation on a flight than you get from a dental X-Ray.

I see the fearmongering by the media is having it's intended effect on you.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I opt out of ANY unnecessary radiation. The difference between the head xray and flying, is that its concentrated. (plus I believe it's a different type of radiation.)

Not fear mongering. I just consider it common sense.

Dental xray linked to brain tumors

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Please use existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join