It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just don't get it some days....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It depends, if the Majority is one which does not mess around with others, that is a good one

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Because the majority on this board are.

Are what?

I get reamed by numerous parties every time I suggest life was brought here. If you have a stomach for it, read this…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All alone in the trenches with the evolutionists, such a waste.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The majority of people posting in the fora which would be appropriate for talking about this, who disagree with evolution, tend to be creationists, as opposed to Intelligent Designers, or non earth origin proponents. I even got accused of being derogatory for calling someone who was anti evolution, but swears they are not a creationist, a IDer. I still don't get how this is an insult? They use "Evolutionist" (which is not really a thing but ok) as a label.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I even got accused of being derogatory for calling someone who was anti evolution, but swears they are not a creationist, a IDer.

One more thing, if you would… Whats an "IDer"?

Sorry I'm a bit slow…

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Intellegent Designer, I did not coin the term, but it speeds up these threads, when people can use acronyms
This just proves the flaw in that

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ahh, thanks.

I hate labels.

It slows things up actually. Now I lost track…

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

They don't want a debate or even a discussion ( unless you are going to blindly agree with them), what they want is a soap box. That is why they can be found in on every website with a comment section. They are looking to rant,rant,rant and convert,convert,convert.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: NthOther

Atheism is just being unappreciative of creation. that's all it means. It means * Hey, I don't care if i was created cuz i ignorantly know i wasn't! and neither was my mom or dad! we came from mud!*

But what ever floats the boat right, or sinks it.

No, that is not what Atheism is. Atheists do not believe in god/gods or a creator being so they surely do not say anything like: " Hey, I don't care if i was created cuz i ignorantly know i wasn't! and neither was my mom or dad! we came from mud"

Also you will find in the bible that it says god made Adam from dirt/soil/dust/mud.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Why is every challenge to "evolution" automatically labeled "religious"?

The only people I have ever seen challenge evolution have always done so from a religious stand point. Never once have I seen someone challenge the theory of evolution on any other rounds then a religious one. So that might be why.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

The only people I have ever seen challenge evolution have always done so from a religious stand point.

Thats biased. Might as well say all people that disagree with evolution are religious zealots, a dismissive excuse to ignore whatever viewpoints are also out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The only people I have ever seen challenge evolution have always done so from a religious stand point.

Thats biased. Might as well say all people that disagree with evolution are religious zealots, a dismissive excuse to ignore whatever viewpoints are also out there.

Putting words into my mouth I see. I just stated my observation and will stand by it. I have never seen or came across a non religious stance against evolution. How is that bias? I guess I must of struck a nerve.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I have never seen or came across a non religious stance against evolution. How is that bias?

Well, you left out the whole Universe for one? Or are you so arrogant to think life exists only here? That would be the same religious bias that the middle aged flat earth society had…

they were very religiously biased, they didn't even believe in other worlds…

now you're telling me there is no life out there? How do you know?
edit on 9-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Indeed not, I don't give up mind you. The rant here was more incredulity at a nice concentration of ignorance that was/is happening else where on this site at the moment. Its gotten deeper in its ignorance too. But I am a stubborn mustelid of an individual

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I have never seen or came across a non religious stance against evolution. How is that bias?

Well, you left out the whole Universe for one? Or are you so arrogant to think life exists only here? That would be the same religious bias that the middle aged flat earth society had…

they were very religiously biased, they didn't even believe in other worlds…

now you're telling me there is no life out there? How do you know?

What are you even talking about. We where talking about the theory of evolution. That has nothing to do with the whole universe. No I don't think life only exist here on earth but we were talking about evolution and in that regard, bringing up possible alien life is pointless because we have not found any yet.

Anyways I am done replying to you, you show little comprehension of what I have said and just put words in my mouth with statements like the following:

" now you're telling me there is no life out there? How do you know?"

In no way shape or form did I say anything even remotely along those lines, in fact I would assume you were replying to the wrong.

GOODBYE.

edit on 9-4-2015 by defiythelie because: spelling

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just an update on what caused the rant.

A creationist poster has decided to threaten me on some level. How very very Christian of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

No I don't think life only exist here on earth but we were talking about evolution and in that regard, bringing up possible alien life is pointless because we have not found any yet.

Pointless huh? And you have been elsewhere except this little speck of rock? Thats like claiming you know whats in the whole world without having ever left your house.

Like I said, pretty biased.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
Just an update on what caused the rant.

A creationist poster has decided to threaten me on some level. How very very Christian of them.

Who is threatening you? Thats against the TnC's.You should report that to staff. Click on the little green man at the bottom of the posters avatar and then "Alert" and staff will handle it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Its reported. I actually know how to navigate the forum
I also took a snap shot incase it was edited before the very helpful mods got there. The mods dealt with it. So hopefully that was the end of it all. If not, well I am guessing someone gets the ban hammer

As for who? I'm not going to troll and name them. It is very obvious if you look at one of the threads on evolution.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

As for who? I'm not going to troll and name them. It is very obvious if you look at one of the threads on evolution.

Oh cool. I though you might have meant me. Since I didn't get a post removed notification, I know it wasn't.

Have a better one.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I think we have established you are not a religious creationist? OR am I wrong. Also I do not think you and I have really butted heads much.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join