It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

originally posted by: holton0289

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Thunderheart
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

my question is to S.O., will ATS, you or any of the 3 amigos profit from the sale of this book?

Who cares? He owns the business. Why shouldn't he be able to use it to generate profits? (Assuming that's even happening.)

because profits are evil, producing is evil. Best to stop working, collect welfare, unemployment, disability and everything else you can get your hands on.

Success is measured by how harwd you are, how much streetz credits you be havin, dawg. What other people think about you is da most important, hashtag homiez.

LIKE ME!!........NOW!!

LOL!

I personally LOVE ATS. AS do many I used to 'consort' with. Believe it or not, this site makes us feel good about what we do.

I am sure you've heard of slashdot.org, right? It's the technical version of ATS. Unfortunately because it's technical, it's taken as absolute fact.

The beauty about ATS is people have an opinion here. People aren't Lemmings. and the operators of this site absolutely encourage free thought.

If these guys are using this site to sell books. All the power to them.

Even if it is 'fictional' and/or sensationalism - my hope is to see a wider array of entertainment offerings.

Not reruns of the X Files and the Bourne Identity over and over again.

On that ote. Did ya'all hear about XFiles coming back?

Not reruns of the X Files and the Bourne Identity over and over again.

On that ote. Did ya'all hear about XFiles coming back?

Didn't it used to be The 'Z' Files?...maybe not...But Seriously, 'We WANT to BELIEVE'...all of us.

Art imitates life...and vice-versa.
In reality (every reality), the main lesson to take away from Art & Life is that even if we decide to cancel our series because the story-line becomes tired, the weekly plot becomes mind-numbingly repetitive and mundane...with no satisfactory payoff or resolution to keep us interested.

STILL, a Brand is always more resilient than we feel it may be at any given moment...and a promising series always has the potential to not only make a comeback, but to even surpass it's own previous expectations and success.

A talented thinker (I can't remember who) once said:

"I gave people chances and the benefit of a doubt my entire life.
All i asked for was for you to believe.
You never did."

That person forgot to remember that even 'The X Files' can make a comeback after all this time...because 'We STILL Want to BELIEVE'. THAT is what makes us human...and what keeps us tuning in.

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to new episodes...I think they'll be better than ever.

I'm also looking forward to hearing more from the OP about his...new book.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: greghansen
a reply to: STTesc

Reputation does not equal reality. The domestic stuff began under George W. Bush when Executive Order 12333 (not a law, BTW, an executive order from our freedom loving President Ronald Reagan) was reinterpreted under the Patriot Act to allow domestic spying under certain circumstances. I can go into more detail on that some other time but I can tell you that virtually everyone in NSA was stunned to learn that there had been domestic intelligence gathering.

So this is mostly compartmentalized and at the top? Surely it's a bit wider known now. Do you agree with domestic intelligence gathering?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The Shadow Factory is Frighteningly accurate. It might interest you to know that NSA gave the book away in its library in OPS 1 at Fort Meade. Why I don't know but that is where I got my copy.

Texasgirl - do we know each other. My name is my name, not a made up one.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

...but I can tell you that virtually everyone in NSA was stunned to learn that there had been domestic intelligence gathering.

Everyone in the NSA was stunned to learn of the intelligence gathering!?

Stunned by who!? Yourselves? Bizarro NSA? "Rahrg!, Bizarro-NSA surveil!!"

You stunned yourselves, is that it?

Would someone please get this man a proper AMA thread?

ETA: Also, Greg, you must mean that "everyone was surprised" except the NSA employees that used the technology on the sly to spy on their "loved ones"? Right?

?
edit on 8-4-2015 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Will you be touchimg on anomalous subjects at all?
Weird stuff is always fascinating, but usually it is so classified, they hve to wait until their imminent demise to tell us anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I was not being rude. I was just asking. Thank you for your answer, that is why I had asked.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Welcome Greg. Now does the NSA know the real person behind all the user names on ats?
In another context do they maintain some sort of a hit list to liquidate people?
Am just curious

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc

I'm just curious, what type of person takes a job to spy on and sell out his own people? It's like those poor SS soldiers that were just doing their job. Are you proud of the fact that you were a traitor? And that now you have a venue to push your book down our throats? It's not good enough to simply enlighten people, you need to be paid on top of being a traitor?

No thank you. Keep your book.

That isn't fair.

A LOT of Americans to this day have zero idea how nefarious the CIA or NSA have become in certain areas. Even if they now know about domestic surveillance, as of recently, they may not know about all of the other ongoings.

How do you know that this person didn't join up before the revelations and only realized later? Many people do not realize what is really going on in the military or intelligence community until they join up.

People are only unethical, evil, or traitors if they join up once knowing.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I think this too. I forget where I have heard it before, though it instantly struck a chord. I think it was in a movie ripe with disinfo....that tit bit seemed true though.

It would be reasonable that there could be a way to record all internet traffic. IMO, it must have been easier before the volume went up after the 90s.

NOW, it must still be possible considering the talent and resources that must exist.

Do you know what pisses me off?

My roommate from last year, who worked in the Senate, was studying cyber-security, and told me once while we were having an epic debate about domestic surveillance that there supposedly is a law that states that if you do not erase your emails after a certain time then the government has the right to look at them. It was something like 6 months after receipt of the email. That's insane if true.

And, of course, virtually no one was told about it clearly.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: greghansen
a reply to: texasgirl

The Shadow Factory is Frighteningly accurate. It might interest you to know that NSA gave the book away in its library in OPS 1 at Fort Meade. Why I don't know but that is where I got my copy.

Texasgirl - do we know each other. My name is my name, not a made up one.

No, we don't know each other. I happened upon this book about 6 years ago in a bargain bin, sadly enough.
edit on 8-4-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Very skeptical. No offence to the site owners but why would a spook choose a conspiracy website to break important information when there are mainstream outlets that would give him more traction and are viewed as more credible by the wider world?

Also, the fact that he has a product to push doesn't engender much trust in his motivation for coming forward. It seems driven by financial self interest instead of some overwhelming desire to clear his conscience.

On top of that, we've seen ex government employees numerous times speak about books being vetted and requiring approval before being published. Why has this guy been given a green light if his information is so groundbreaking and shocking?

Will reserve judgement until I see it but so far it smells bad.

I think that you guys need to realize that the vast majority of people who work at let's say the NSA or CIA are NOT spooks. Most are contractors or employees like this guy, working on some program, maybe software, data analysis, etc. For example, in the CIA there are tons of people who simply do economic or political analyses of countries from the US, accumulating important basic info on the country. Read CIA Fact Book. These people are not spies and probably have an economics or political science grad degree.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Greg, one of the things that Snowden and Greenwald said they were going to release was a name of Americans that were not Muslims that were being spied on illegally. Then they backed away from that. Do you know why?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Welcome, Greg! I wish you (and your book) well and all of the success at getting your message(s) out to us here, who, by word of mouth, will tell others about your book and so on.

I've always thought people were lucky for working at the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc. --doing Right and all that. Sadly though, I cannot do anything for my country as I'm on Disability and will probably be homeless sometime in the next couple years.

Greg, forgive me if this is dumb question, but, do they have any work that people at home can do?

Good luck here and with your book.

-One Nation Under ______.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Wow so much ignorance for one post where shall I start.
Perhaps the wholly unrelated straw-men of "navel intel" & "strategic defense information"(lol), what does that nonsense have to do with the unconstitutional abridgement of 4th Amendment Rights.
Yes that's right, those issues that an "educated" person would be aware are the topics of concern & consideration re: the NSA.

The Op alludes to constitutional overreach & yet his "tell all" is nothing more than an airing of petty bureaucratic infighting, nice distraction from the real issues most aware people are concerned with.

So truly a pathetic attempt to derail the current concerns regarding the illegal activities of most of the alphabet agencies with some delusional association of requests for (naval intel & strategic whatever?).

Stand in a corner indeed, pfft.
K~
edit on 8-4-2015 by aethertek because: poortypingskilz

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

I do not agree with domestic data collection by NSA. I don't have a problem with metadata collection and, in the near future, I can explain why. I just gave a presentation on that subject two weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OneNationUnder

Working at home is not possible. You could try US CERT or DHS. They do mostly unclassified work.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Sigh. It is not just NSA. It was GW Bush who unleashed the foaming dogs via the Patriot ACt. have a problem with that? Then get out and vote out the idiots who support the Patriot Act. BTW two provisions of that act, thankfully, have been ruled unconstitutional. And if you think wasting millions of dollars to be petty then let me come work for you. You obviously have money to burn.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

I know nothing about that. It sounds more FBI than NSA.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

Your question is too vague. In any event I know of no misinformation efforts. NSA does not play games - that is left to other agencies.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

The flack I have taken here is baby stuff compared to the flack I took in the Agency and from my own company.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join