It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto - Their Business Model is A real Danger to us all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is not about GMO foods being dangerous. We have many threads on that issue.

This is not about who sues who, there are plenty of threads on that one as well.

Let us take a look at their business model and apply it to a planetary emergency.

In particular, Link a decrease in the Sun's output which in the past has lead to world wide crop failures. According to many scientists we may be heading for one of these right now. So what would happen.

SCENARIO 1 ... the old way.

Farmers put seeds in the ground, they grow, get reaped and the farmer puts his next years seeds into storage on his farm. A prudent farmer always has two or three years worth of seed stored and rotates them, planting the best seeds he has for the following year.

SCENARIO 2 ... Monsanto's way

Farmer buys his seed from Monsanto every year. He has to. Once reaped, the crop will not germinate. While Monsanto may be able to do all sorts of things with their Genetic Modifications, their business model always ensure that the crop will not be viable for seeding and this ensures that they continue selling seeds year after year.

Enter a planet wide emergency with crop yields at only 50% of normal.

SCENARIO 1

Year 1.

Farmer plants crops. Crops yield only 50%. Prices skyrocket. Farmer may be well off regardless. Puts away two years worth of seeds for planting next year. The general public feel the effects. Depending on the country, they may even start going hungry.

Since animal feed is down 50%, herds are culled quickly. For a while, the price of meat drops.

Year 2

Farmer plants crops. Crops yield only 50%. Farmer is still OK. Still puts away seed.

Animal herds are low in number and meat prices skyrocket.

SCENARIO 2.

Year 1.

Farmer buys seeds. Farmer plants crops. Crops yield only 50%. Prices skyrocket. Farmer may be well off regardless. The general public feel the effects. Depending on the country, they may even start going hungry.

Since animal feed is down 50%, herds are culled quickly. For a while, the price of meat drops.

Year 2.

Monsanto seed crops only yielded 50%. Farmer can buy seeds to plant half of his normal crops. Crops yield 50%. But this is 50% of 50%. In other words, overall crop yields for the world are down to 25%

Now we have a real problem. Animal herds are culled to breed stock levels. There is no food. The backlash from Mr. and Mrs. Citizen are awesome.

The World's Governments throws Monsanto under a high speed train.

(Continued)
edit on 4/4/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
But that is not the whole picture! By any means.

You see, most farms in developed countries are now owned by big Corporations who have contracts to see through.

You could end up in the utterly stupid situation where food is scarce but the likes of McDonalds and KFC still serve meals at horrendous prices because they control so many farms. Many Corporations may well still send their produce for the Export Markets because they will make so much more lovely money.

This will last for perhaps eighteen months until 'We The People' tear them all into little chunks and use them for pig food because, well, waste not, want not, and we all want our bacon.

Now ask yourself what is going on in the world.

China owns many empty cities in Africa of all places.

Russia is building underground shelters.

So is China.

So are the Elite.

Monsanto and their ilk could well be our doom, just because their business model stinks to high heaven and is based on greed, corruption and the want to have near total control of the world's food supply.

Really, who ever heard of a plant with non-viable seeds.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I really REALLY like the bus part. I would happily be the one at the wheel to drive forward, then reverse, forward, reverse, doing the GMO mash.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Seriously, I would love to be able to buy seeds to plant that haven't been doctored by them, in particular the really juicy beefsteak tomatoes where just one single slice was large enough to make a full sandwich. Same goes for strawberries and blackberries that are now devoid of flavor and texture. They have even produced an artificial blueberry that you apparently get in baked goods etc. The tomatoes we buy in grocery stores are so dry and hard that I've stopped eating them altogether. Monsanto wants to own all the seed market, and It's depressing to learn that they are ever advancing towards that goal. As to which scenario is currently being played out, I think it varies a little from continent to continent. I really hope there's a special dungeon in hell reserved for them.

edit on 5-4-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ya, we really f×€Xed *snip* this time. Add that to the fracking, fish hatcheries, nuclear power plants, deep-sea drilling, deforestation, cancer, cancer, cancer...

We will snap out of this eventually. I hope...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Monsanto is joined with US government at the hip

Both need to be destroyed

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Great post, and valid. This is very much part and parcel to why I have been preaching perma-culture so hard as late and focusing on the soil as a compound organism, showing the destructive nature of our modern food paradigm. This was their plan from the start: ”If you control the food supply, you control the people” – Henry Kissinger Now I know there are those on the internet that have supposedly debunked that quote, but its core essence is still true and as you have so adeptly pointed out....Monsanto and their ilk certainly seem to follow the model.

In response to About Face below, there are a few excellent resources for heirloom Certified Organic and Verified Non GMO seeds. Seed Savers is one of them. My wife and I have years of seeds put away when looked at from a small family perspective, but by using the perma-culture model that life is extended exponentially (I wont drift the thread heres one that begins to touch on it:www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Everything said in the OP has merit, but I'd add another scenario where I see the Monsanto model being exploited for further control and dependence, and that is "disaster relief" oh theres your proverbial "wolf in sheeps clothing" if I ever saw one. Under the auspices of humanitarian aid they "donate" millions in GMO seeds, thus permanently creating a dependency on GMO crops. California's water drought my well lead to the same, after all the farms, or a significant amount are wiped out by drought...in the name of "humanitarian aid" they donate massive GMO inputs all over California...you know to feed the starving, heck then the tax payer can be on the hook each year to pay for the inputs since all of the small family farms were conveniently pushed out of existence by the drought.
edit on 5-4-2015 by BlueJacket because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Here's my take on it, and I'm 100% serious, as funny as I'm going to make this sound, I believe it.

Monsanto is part of a centuries old death cult. Their overall goal is to bring about the destruction of Earth's biospheres using their disgusting technology and legal/monetary power to squash any and all who get in their way.

It's the only solution that actually makes sense when you take a look at the behavior of the company over the last...well forever.

I have no proof of this, but honestly, if there ever was a Bohemian Grove or a real Satan worshiping group with tons of power it's them.

So, personally I would enjoy if Monsanto was simply destroyed.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Hey the Monsanto "Death Cult" could have legs...I mean the whole Eugenics thing didn't necessarily go away so much as it incorporated and went about their plan from a less obvious platform.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Myself, I keep coming back to the Georgia Guide Stone. I seriously believe that a massively powerful group of people want a huge reduction in population getting us back to the days of virtual slavery.

Anything that interferes with food production now, will send billions to their death. I can barely imagine what will happen when entire huge cities start to run out of food.

No one should be allowed to have ownership of the food chain. We have Monsanto, we have multinationals owning most of the farmland ...... it is a very dangerous paradigm and it is happening right now, right in front of our eyes.

So many can not see it! If you told me that Satan was on the Monsanto board of directors I would probably believe it.

The world goes from year to year with it's food supply. Any city has only 4 weeks worth of food within. Any shortage will be catastrophic.

P

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

I really REALLY like the bus part. I would happily be the one at the wheel to drive forward, then reverse, forward, reverse, doing the GMO mash.

Lol, it was a high speed train that they were thrown under!

But yes, it would be a good thing.

Monsanto does not have to do this. It is simply greed.

P

top topics

join