It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black woman to white friend of over a decade: " Of course you're a racist!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was having a beer with my friend of over a decade when, for the first time ever, the subject of race relations came up.

Keep in mind I have known this woman for over 10 years, I was very close with her mother before she passed away and most of her other family as well, we hang out at each others homes and often share a drink and a smoke.

Her take on race relations?

"Well, of course you're a racist," she began, much to my horror and dismay " all white people a racists, it's just in how you present it. Black people can't even be racist, we don't even think like that, y'all made that up so it's on y'all."

This to me is the perfect example of racism in America today.

"Hey you racist c*****rs are all a bunch of racists! Not us you h****y, we can't even be racist !"

Seriously I'm like wtf?

I didn't ask Stephanie any questions about it though, I excused myself from the table and went to speak with her cousin who couldn't understand my confusion.

"We're cool and all," she told me " but you know when it comes down to it you all want us to be slaves again."

Uh, no I don't and as a matter of fact I don 't want to be friends anymore either.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Never know for sure who to trust these days.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
"Hey you racist c*****rs are all a bunch of racists! Not us you h****y, we can't even be racist !"

Your friend said this?

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They need something to blame for all the problems they have, might as well be whitey.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Seems like you wasted 10 years of your life investing in the wrong friendships.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This should be in the short story fictional forum...

Of course you are a racist. Your past post clearly shows this is the case. I am happy ATS allows all comments to remain.

...you have one heck of an imagination tho. Creative story indeed.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven
No, that line was a bit of hyperbole I admit, though that sentiment is often heard. The phrase " racist ass c****r " is thrown around frequently.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You gotta understand this is these folks narrative. At some point some dumb parent ruined these people . They gave em the classic coming of age everything is whiteys fault speech. And what it means to be "black".

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Uh, no I don't and as a matter of fact I don 't want to be friends anymore either.

I don't blame you. I would be offended if she was my friend for 10 years! I find her remarks racist, yet she says blacks can't be racist? Her remarks clearly showed she was the one that was racist!

A true friend would never insinuate that. The remark that all whites want them to be slaves, is just plain ignorant!!!

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

This should be in the short story fictional forum...

Of course you are a racist. Your past post clearly shows this is the case. I am happy ATS allows all comments to remain.

...you have one heck of an imagination tho. Creative story indeed.

This happened yesterday and is quite true. Please don't call me a liar, I walk it like I talk it, here and in real life.

Now what did I post that is racist?

ATS generally removes racist material, or are you one of the people that thinks if your arse isn't being kissed it's because of racism?

Or do you just like to run around calling people racists to make up for your own shortcomings and lack of personal responsibility?

ETA: Also, while you're running around calling people racists, care to explain what your signature means?
edit on 3-4-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yep, that's the mindset and it's perpetuated by the media ad nauseum. minorities can't possibly be racist you know only white, Christian males are. It's a damn shame, dude, that who you thought was a friend turned out to be a real turd. Like someone alluded to previously, you just don't know who to trust.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No, that line was a bit of hyperbole I admit, though that sentiment is often heard. The phrase " racist ass c****r " is thrown around frequently.

Well, you could try asking her to explain her reasoning.

If you've been friends this long, y'all ought to be on decent terms otherwise. Maybe she'll indulge questioning?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
She didn't say it in a rude or mean way, she just stated it as a simple fact like "the sky is blue" or "the grass is green". She and her cousin also seemed generally puzzled at my dismay.

No one acted in any hostile way, no one even got loud or raised their voice, I'll still have drinks with her and whatever but I just can't wrap my head around the sentiment.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would suggest asking her about it.

Here's a personal example: I've never had a headache in my life - really; I've never ever had one. I have a friend who gets severe migraines frequently, and I just do not understand what such a thing is like. He's explained it and in some sense I get how bad it can be.

Another old friend is colorblind. I once made a game which used red to visually give information of a ship's health, but that didn't work well for him. After prodding and experimenting, we found purple color was distinguishable, so that became an alternate.

We don't necessarily understand things we do not experience, but we can have some sense of what that experience is if it is explained.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

She didn't say it in a rude or mean way, she just stated it as a simple fact like "the sky is blue" or "the grass is green". She and her cousin also seemed generally puzzled at my dismay.

I've experienced similar with people i thought were friends also.
It's like they think you have lost your mind because you don't know you're a whip cracking, cross burner deep down inside or something

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its true to a degree all white people are racists then it works the other around as well, so where all racists to some degree how much only the individual knows that.
Personally I think all races should interbreed its the road better balance
edit on 3-4-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How is one ladies view on things equal how the nation views things?

I have never had anyone tell me that black people can't be racist.
Obviously that is not true.

Sorry that you had a falling out with your friends and their jaded views.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Serious question, do any other animals act different because of colour? I mean, does a black sheep get singled out by other sheep?

Unfortunately I don't have any friends of a different race, well there is a thought, why are we all pigeon holed by something called race? Is it to make sure we all grow up thinking there is a difference between us?

My grandparent were racist, my parents not so much and I am not generally but if I think of the things that moulded me:

We lived through the troubles in NI so there is a bit of anti-Irish (I know not a race but a form of us and them which could lead me to be more closed minded)

When I was at school there were two Pakistani children, their parents opened a really cool jean shop where we all shopped for Joe Bloggs Jeans. Some of the parents didn't like these 'paki's' being successful so passed it onto some kids.

I had a Jewish friend and was ok but I remember my other mates dad telling me they would charge me tax for walking over their driveway! Also my told me if my friend dropped twenty pence when he bent down to pick it up it would hit him on the back of his head.

I also have a dislike for the Muslim faith followers for an apparent lack of humanity, this is brought on by my own moulding, not parents and I don't pass that into my kids.

Finally I don't like Africa, it's just a mess, it definaty is a backwards place. Although some who have left and come to Aus play with my kids and I am happy they are making a difference, just wish the place would stop being uncivilised and until they do, sorry I will see myself as different and I am therefore a racist - this btw I don't blame anyone except myself and I don't apologise either.

But I am not bitter and i will not put my personal beliefs onto my kids so hopefully, when I shuffle off my mortal coil my children will be more tolerant than I am and eventually this baggage we all carry will dissipate.

It is getting better though isn't it?
edit on 3 4 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The lady isn’t necessarily a racist that’s just her opinion on this social issue.

Depending on what her opinion is based on (indoctrination or a little thought) it may be that she doesn’t believe this herself since she has had you for a friend for 10 years.

People can hold opinions on societal issues like race and seem racists but yet have interracial relationships, it happens all the time.

I have a black friend who has a white Jewish girlfriend and he says what would be considered anti-Semitic stuff all the time.

Racism is indoctrination and programming

People can be programmed to fear a certain race but when reality steps in and they experience humanity from that race the indoctrination gets a little less powerful

Don’t loose a friend over this

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Greven

Why would you embellish via "hyperbole" something that wasn't even said? I'd call that racist. Putting racist words in the mouth of another person, to make it seem they were the racist one, somehow to prove your point. That was soooo tacky. It makes your whole story questionable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join