It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does speciation occur?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
please remember that the basic key to understanding evolution is the accumulation of changes.

its never just one change, but a whole slew of changes that create the effect.

the people that ask about "changes of kind" (a phrase that doesnt exist in real science) are asking for a change like a rat giving birth to a bird, one swift dramatic change. creationists think animals just popped into existence and are comfortable with the idea that a dog could give birth to a cat.

however, it doesnt happen that way.

lets look at the fish. of all the fish in the sea, a few of them developed proto lungs, like the lung fish. they bred, reinforcing that trait and started to hang out on the banks. then another change happened in the group, development of legs. so now they are moving up on land, further from the fish. now they might still be able to breed with fish. not enough changes have been made. so the changing group develop more amphibian traits, breeding and reinforcing those traits and getting even further from fish. now they are amphibians and no longer able to breed with fish. all of this happens over millions of years.

it was the accumulation of traits that separated them from their original group. not just one change.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Neighbor, I applaud your well reasoned, and calm response. But (sorry there always will be one here), these individuals are not interested in an honest and open discussion. Each and every one of us who are aligned against their arguments, have tried this response.

None the less.

That is a simple and concise answer, and will be ignored, or twisted. I for one appreciate your reply.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Why do you attribute something to evolution that isn't true?

So are you saying from your perspective gender evolution never took place ?
Thanks for giving me a new topic to post a thread on

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Please don't be so transparently disingenuous - you only embarrass yourself.

Of course gender evolution took place - but it didn't happen in the way you describe it.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Too late, a thread has happened. It is as poorly researched as this one.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Barcs

Why do you attribute something to evolution that isn't true?

Wow. Getting desperate now, are we?

Your exact quote:

According to evolution every single species evolved in perfect synchronization,

Generally speaking, when you know nothing about evolution you shouldn't make claims about what it says. Evolution does not say anything like that. That is according to YOU and you are wrong.

Why are you so afraid to give the sources I have repeatedly asked for, or respond to any of my points? Practically every post you have made here changes the subject. Is it really that hard to address people's points rather than deflect? Enough of the non sequiturs. Now, if justifying your position using fallacies and ignoring points is really what you want to do, that's fine, but it only makes you look silly.

I'm curious how you got your gold contributor status. If you respond in all threads with the same logic presented here, then something is seriously wrong.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: rnaa

Too late, a thread has happened. It is as poorly researched as this one.

Sorry for asking questions. I wasn't born as smart as you.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

I was not born smart, I educated myself. Not just formal education, but actual seeking of knowledge as well. You did not create that thread I mentioned, so your reply is .... puzzling.

I have zero issue with THIS thread.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

My comment was aimed at THIS thread (click link) not your thread. Sorry
edit on 8-4-2015 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with asking questions and trying to understand a topic better. Especially something as fundamentally important as evolution is to understanding the world around us, our past and what makes us what we are today. Personally, I thought it was a valid question that should be understood better as it gives a better understand of the TOE altogether. Don't take it too personally if people come off a little harsh and critique you for not engaging in due diligence. Threads like this are typically the domain of proponents of religious creationism, especially Young Earth Creation so people tend to be on the offense when coming into the thread because in a lot of cases the same author has asked the same question but phrased differently several times all with the intent never being to actually understand the question being posed. It is instead used as a sounding board for their misunderstandings of evolutionary theory and it's mechanisms and justification of their religious leanings. I would rather see a thread like this where your intent in asking the question is actually to learn instead of pontificate.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Ahhhh .... my comment was about the one on gender that someone else started NOT this thread. My bad!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Oh I totally get that. The one on gender is ludicrous. I just didn't want to see someone get discouraged from trying to actually understand aspects of evolution when I see so little of that around here! I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus or anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Nah I was unclear so its my own damned fault
I've messaged an appology Again folks this thread is the one I meant, not the current one.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I was not born smart, I educated myself. Not just formal education, but actual seeking of knowledge as well. You did not create that thread I mentioned, so your reply is .... puzzling.

I have zero issue with THIS thread.

My comment was aimed at THIS thread (click link) not your thread. Sorry

Your post was confusing to read and I felt like you were addressing this thread. It's all good … :-)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join