It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Announces Plans to Build New Space Station with NASA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Before they go building a new space station I would like to know what the heck they are doing on the old station. They have been up there 24/7/365 for years and I haven`t heard anything about exactly what they doing up there.
I haven`t heard about any earth shattering discoveries or experiments that they have done, so what are they doing and have they actually learned anything from being up there?

A lot of what they are doing is testing and advancing life support technology, medical knowledge of long duration space flight, biological research, industrial knowledge and stuff like that. plus they detected signs of dark matter, discredited and supported various cosmology and physics theories, detected antimatter, possibly gravity waves and tons and tons of stuff we do not hear about.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

So WW3 is just a big bluff, its not about countries with disputes, its about killing as many people as possible.
Wonder where Russia's getting money for a space mission? Maybe their pals in Washington?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i guess a little clarification is in order: the hangar is not necessary for safe docking. It is included to provide an enclosed or partially enclosed environment in which to assemble or construct large complex items such as deep space ships and things of that nature. To provide a frame work to attach manufacturing machines, Robotic arms, construction site lighting, EVA crew safety tethers, moorings for the item under construction, a catchment net to catch stray tools and bits and pieces, power and fuel and air umbilicals and so on.

you don't need a hangar for the current generation of capsules that fly to and from the ISS.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sorry. The Russian Space Agency has some lofty ambitions combined with very selfishly oriented goals - but as a representative of the US Government, I can assure you this is not happening.

Knock on NASA's door. Don't use the internet. Take a drive down to your closest location. Talk to a Public Affairs rep. And you'll get the truth.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

NASA Says No Plans for ISS Replacement with Russia

spacenews.com...

Sources: NASA spokesman David Weaver and William Gerstenmaier, NASA associate administrator for human exploration and operations

Well, scratch that idea. I think the Russian space station announcement was a ploy to get NASA to deny it. Both countries appear to be testing the waters to see what kind of public enthusiasm can be whipped up for manned space missions.

<< 1  2   >>

join