It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity : Ask and you shall be given.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
At one time I was married into the leadership of a mega church. Not one this list, but it is in the top 100 largest churches in the U.S. I have been planning on writing an expose thread on them for quite some time.

At one time I was a believer. I hit rough times, and I struggled with hunger. I believed god would provide. The church knew about my plight and told me that god hadn't provided for me because I had lack of faith. The church did offer to pray for me for $35. I had complete faith, that is why it shook me to the core when god let me down. I wasn't asking for material items, I was asking for food for my children and myself. There is a reason I don't believe anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You'll know they are Christians by their love. What you've described is not Christlike at all. I'm sorry you had to endure that.

Here's another. You can tell a tree by its' fruit. You were pickin' from the wrong tree, friend. Keep pickin though, there's a tree out there...the tree of life...the cross. Your suffering was your cross too. Suffering unites you with Jesus. Embrace it.

a reply to: calstorm

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Very sad to hear what you went through. People in need, not in greed should be a priority in churches. I wonder what explanation they have about story of Job.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe if the US had laws to prevent the first yahoo to become a pastor and founding his own church without any education, you would see much less televangelists and megachurches.

It's not a surprise that the prosperity theology of which Creflo is a big fan is so popular among megachruches.

In some other countries, such cults revolving entirely around a charismatic leader would be called sects and could get in trouble for raising so much money from gullible people.

There is nothing Christian about this but the name.

One more evangelical Christian cults like you have tons of them. Always about the money with them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join