It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Congresswoman Asks For Obamacare Horror Stories, Gets Dose Of Reality Instead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The U.S. Government has (thus far) spent $67,000 for each newly insured citizen who didn't have health insurance before 2014.

That might be a success by government standards, but I don't think a private company could/would endure such high customer acquisition costs, for receiving $200 to $300 (on average) a month premiums in return for that "investment".

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is why I would rather the government control the health care. They think my life is worth $67,000. It is worth $0 to private companies.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: carewemust

That is why I would rather the government control the health care. They think my life is worth $67,000. It is worth $0 to private companies.

Since we elect the people who represent us, the citizens of the USA are the government. We get from them what we deserve, good or bad.

You're right about private corporations, MoM-of-3. Even though most people are employed by one, they don't give a rat's ass about any of us, except for our ability to help them make a profit.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: xuenchen

I go to the doctor once a year to renew blood pressure pills. I have been terrified that I would have a stroke with no insurance. Having this insurance after 8 years has brought me some peace of mind.

great for those who can afford it.

but many people are just over the line for medicaid qualification.

sure the subsidies pay the policy, but God help those who go broke paying the deductibles.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, I don't think I will go broke with these deductibles. The last major illness in my family 8 years ago broke us. After my husband's insurance ran out, he still had to go to rehab to learn to walk again. The bill of $135,000 broke us.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You should be thanking those tax payers, offsetting your financial life obligations, as they are the ones footing your bill.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join