It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia launches military operations in Yemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia has launched military operations in Yemen, the Saudi ambassador to the United States told reporters in Washington on Wednesday. Adel al-Jubeir said the operation consisted of airstrikes on more than one city. "We are determined to protect the legitimate government of Yemen," he said. A senior Arab diplomat told CNN that the Gulf Cooperation Council soon will issue a statement that the Yemenis have asked for military assistance and the GCC is prepared to step in. It will be signed by all GCC countries except for Oman. Not all countries will contribute military forces, the source said.........

edition.cnn.com...

So we have another potential war breaking out.

Things seem to be snow balling.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99

We pulled out of Yemen, my guess is to direct attention to other regions *cough* Russia. But not before passing the baton.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just read this on another news site, but there was only a couple of lines of copy, thanks for providing another source.

Hopefully this wont escalate into a larger conflict, but I sadly feel this is going to go downhill at a rapid rate.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So we have another potential war breaking out.

I think sending troops into another country with intent doing battle is a good definition of war. The guys getting killed probably feel it is war. Sunni versus Shiites is heating up again. Killing in the name of God. Not much new under the sun i'm afraid.

V

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Apparently the U.S. is supporting Saudi Arabia's military operation in Yemen but have not elaborated on the kinds of support
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 25-3-2015 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2015 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

I say potential war because they may just do a few days then pull out.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Of course they are because apparently the "Shia" have taken over ...

Hope this does not enrage Iran and null any "nuclear talks "

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I say potential war because they may just do a few days then pull out.

Yes, that's what they all say..... But seriously folks. This should be considered war. Small wars are still wars to somebody. It is not the size of the war, but how you go about it. Ok, i'm shutting up now.

V

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Judging by the cooperation between the two over the oil prices to cripple Russia I'd say we are at extreme highs between the two countries and we'll help them any way they need. Just a guess though.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

An Iranian official said the other day that Iran was only focused on the subject of the talks and side issues were not of any of their concern. Let's see if that holds.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is Obama and Iran's war.
Valerie Jarrett is popping her champagne cork...and toasting Obama.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

An Iranian official said the other day that Iran was only focused on the subject of the talks and side issues were not of any of their concern. Let's see if that holds.

I here you but the fact is Houthi militias are backed by the Iranian gov in some forum I would assume. But I hope Iran can prove me wrong as well as the world by not getting involved with the Houthi Extremist .

We will have have to wait and see how the play's out I suppose

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wrong window
edit on 25-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Another "Success" for Obama!

White House Says We Have ‘Succeeded’ In Yemen, As Its President Reportedly Flees Rebels

Matt Vespa | Mar 25, 2015

townhall.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Another plane crash that will remain unsolved, but it does remind me a lot of Egyptian air 990.

Anybody remember that?

Flight 990 (MS990/MSR990) was a regularly scheduled flight from Los Angeles International Airport, United States, to Cairo International Airport, Egypt, with a stop at John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City. On 31 October 1999, the Boeing 767-300ER operating the route crashed into the Atlantic Ocean about 60 miles (100 km) south of Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, killing all 217 people on board.[1] The cause – either deliberate crash or mechanical failure

The NTSB investigation fairly quickly centred on the actions of the relief first officer, Gameel Al-Batouti, and this drew relatively minor criticism from Egyptians.[18] The NTSB determined that the only way for the observed split elevator condition to occur was if the left seat pilot (the captain's position) was commanding nose up while the right seat pilot (the first officer's position) commanded nose down. As the Egyptian investigation forwarded various mechanical failure scenarios, they were each tested by the NTSB and found not to match the factual evidence. The NTSB concluded that no mechanical failure scenario either they or the Egyptians could come up with matched the evidence on the ground, and that even if mechanical failure had been experienced, the 767's design made the situation recoverable.[1]

Egyptian air flight 990

Did you even read the OP ? it had nothing to do with a Plane crash ? How is this even Related to the OP ?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

yeah this is going to be problematic considering some of the rebel groups are back by Iran. I eventually see Saudi Arabia sending their troops in.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Foppotee

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Sunnies are uniting.

Iran will feel threatened.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What is with the #ing middle east ?

Is it too much sun?

Their diet?

So much conflict non stop forever since the existence of the middle east.

Explain this #...without the word radical or extremist
edit on 25-3-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend. For the most part violence has permeated the Middle East for over 2k years now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join