It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Royal Marine is world's deadliest sniper

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
After all the hype about the movie detailing the life of Chris Kyle, I thought it was quite interesting to find that now it is a British Royal Marine who is the worlds deadliest sniper, with more kills, 173.

I am going to go out on a limb and say there is probably not going to be a movie made about this guy, but its a cool story nonetheless.

A Royal Marine who has 173 confirmed kills fighting Taliban insurgents is the deadliest sniper in the world, it has been claimed.

If correct, the unnamed Marine’s toll of kills in Afghanistan surpasses that of Chris Kyle, the US Navy SEAL, whose exploits are portrayed in the Oscar-nominated film American Sniper.

Link

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Guy deserves the recognition. His job is to stop the bad guys, same as any other soldier.

If they made a movie over him, it would be interesting to see if it drew the same flack which I suspect had more to do with the director than with the subject.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Well yous guys have some dandy sniper rifles.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Some would say that those 'bad guys' are in fact fighting invaders in their country.

This sniper is no hero to me. He went into their country and kills a ton of their people.

Bad guys? Dont make me laugh

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

You can disagree with the premise of the war.

But I think we should still be supporting our troops.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Wow did you see where they killed a woman over there a few days ago for reading or something? Blow their heads off then.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You can disagree with the premise of the war.

But I think we should still be supporting our troops.

Hey thats fine, and you're right i totally disagree with the premise of the war.

But they're not my troops and they are the invaders

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Wow did you see where they killed a woman over there a few days ago for reading or something? Blow their heads off then.

Did you see where the cops in America killed a mentally handicapped man?

How about blowing their heads off then?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You can disagree with the premise of the war. But I think we should still be supporting our troops.

Why blindly support the troops. Would you be supporting the troops if you lived in Nazi germany too..?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

You can disagree with the premise of the war. But I think we should still be supporting our troops.

Why blindly support the troops. Would you be supporting the troops if you lived in Nazi germany too..?

apples and oranges!

you cannot really compare the Royal Marries to the Nazi SS.

I am sure that there are some bad apples in the forces but over all I support the work our troops do.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
He killed 173 people and we're praising that? Its at this point John Spartan would ask to be put back in the fridge.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

that's a good start, he still has a long way to go to be the #1 he is still has to get 69 out to catch the closest ever confirmed kills. which is 242.

here is a list of the top ten, notice kyle isn't in there, but the canadian guy that made the longest shot ever in afghanistan' is. check out 6,5,4 and 1.
all with WWII weapons, nothing like today's weapons.

the guy that has the most, 705 total Confirmed Kills…all in less that 100 days. 505 with a sniper rifle, 200 with a automatic/ sub machine gun.

Top 10 Snipers in History

edit on 22-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: Logarock

Did you see where the cops in America killed a mentally handicapped man?

How about blowing their heads off then?

Ok so they killed a mentally ill woman because she was reading then?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Oranges and apples depending how you look at it. I for one find it disreptful that we choose to bypass international law put in place to stop what happened in world war two from happening again.

Our soliders taking part in two illegal wars that were not ratified by the United Nations. Maybe 1 million dead mostly women and children. Yes go ahead and support them if you wish. I choose not to give my blind support. We are each responsible for out actions..and following superior orders does not hold water as defined by the geneva convention.

purp

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I agree that the legality of the war is questionable.

Like is said, I may not agree with the war, but our troops on the ground are guys following orders.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

and like i said following superior orders is not a excuse as defined by the geneva convention. Following orders was not god enough for the Germans look up the Nuremburg trials..

all that being said

happy day to you..

purp..

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not that it makes a difference (or justifies it for that matter) but that woman wasn't beat and burnt for reading (if we are both indeed talking about the one in Afghanistan a few days ago). She apparently set fire to the Qur'an in front of bunch of people if I remember right.

Again, it doesn't make a rational person go "ok then, she deserved it" but there also aren't many rational people that would burn a Qur'an in the heart of Kabul...

a reply to: Logarock

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: purplemer

apples and oranges!

I am sure that there are some bad apples in the forces but over all I support the work our troops do.

Its the new flow couched as the new intellectual high ground. Its really a morality nurtured relativism. Applying conditions that don't really fit the context of the juxtaposition.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Not that it makes a difference (or justifies it for that matter) but that woman wasn't beat and burnt for reading (if we are both indeed talking about the one in Afghanistan a few days ago). She apparently set fire to the Qur'an in front of bunch of people if I remember right.

Again, it doesn't make a rational person go "ok then, she deserved it" but there also aren't many rational people that would burn a Qur'an in the heart of Kabul...

a reply to: Logarock

Great post bro. Really. LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Simo Hayha is the deadliest sniper ever.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join