It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witchcraft For Hire Online

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Would you like someone to cast a love spell for you? Or a magical force field around you so that you will be protected from the dark energies of the nether world? Well apparently - you can now get those things online, at quite a cost!

A writer for The Daily Dot recently felt backlash from the online witching community after hiring a witch on the web to cast a spell in aid of their marriage. According to a story on the news website, the writer was taken to task by one commenter, claiming to be a witch herself. “That was probably the dumbest thing you could have ever done,” the anonymous person wrote. “Speaking as a witch, I would never cast a spell for anyone for payment. That’s ethically wrong.”

The witch-for-hire business has had an online presence since at least 2012, when the service was banned by the popular auction website eBay. That year, the website prohibited users from selling items classified as “metaphysical,” including potions, curses and spells. However, some practitioners of witchcraft still offer their services, sometimes for a pretty penny.

Source

This story hits close to home because one of my friends recently called me up to tell me about a working she is having done that she purchased online at Etsy. The fellow she is working with, has been commissioned to work on a ring, engraving and binding a dark entity to it over the next few months. I was blown away when she told me the entire ritual is going to cost her in total about 800 dollars.
I was familiar with Etsy, because I've been researching ways to sell my crochet and knit items online. However - I was blown away when I got into some of the deeper, and yes darker, corners of Etsy.

If your curious, just go to the site and search for magical spells. I've also found dragons blood, goblin's oil, and to be fair - some gorgeous jewelry.

Everything within me, screams that there is something wrong with this.

Now without signaling out any particular occult shops on that site - here are a few listings I've found that just raise my ire just a little...

I will cast spell for 7 days to make Him or Her crazy for you....eyes, mind, heart & spirit crazy for you !!
Him/Her are not going to be able to sleep, sit, think, eat, only thinking in you.
I will provide email pictures of the work .
I just need some of your information,
Full name, date of birth..
I will send you pictures of the work.
Fell free to ask if you have any question about the spell.
Thank you !

Wow! There are so many ethical and moral concerns regarding such a thing, it makes my head spin. How about this one?

I want to help those who are serious about undertaking a full demonic possession. There are many reasons why someone would want this. Power, New abilities (including supernatural, such as mind reading, the ability to cast revenge onto others, manipulation, etc), Knowledge, Supreme intelligence, and the list can go on and on.

I found the most common aspect was that people are feeling as though they can't go through this world alone anymore...they want guidance and reliance on something else to pull them through, and make them something that they could not be on their own. You will become superhuman. It will feel as though an electronic current is coursing through your veins. It is most common to feel in a state of euphoria, a feeling as though nothing can touch you, being safe and watched over.

During this ritual, I will be making a deal and offerings to Satan, so that you have somewhat control over this. You will be responsible for approaching this with an open mind and allowing yourself to let the possession take over your being, if you have fear towards this or resist it may hinder the results. You need to give a verbal invitation and consent, think of it as a door that has been closed all your life, and when it opens, this will be when your demon comes through. After you have been notified that your ritual has been complete, when you are ready please take time to sit quietly and call your demon in. You will be given their name, however what you say when you make the verbal invitation is completely personal, it is not my place to tell you what to say and there is no right or wrong way of doing this. It has to come from you. You can tell me whether you would rather a male of female demon to be responsible for your possession. If you have a particular demon you are drawn to, I will make this happen for you. If no specifics are given, it will be whatever demon comes through first.

What is even more terrifying, is this individual has over a hundred sales in the shop! Though to be fair, more is offered than just the above listing.

What does everyone think about magical spells being sold online? Where is the limit? Should there be a line you cannot cross? I'll be interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

CdT

edit on 18-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: image fix

edit on 18-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar

edit on 18-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: I want to center my pics!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"I will cast spell for 7 days to make Him or Her crazy for you....eyes, mind, heart & spirit crazy for you !!
Him/Her are not going to be able to sleep, sit, think, eat, only thinking in you.
I will provide email pictures of the work .
I just need some of your information,
Full name, date of birth..
I will send you pictures of the work.
Fell free to ask if you have any question about the spell.
Thank you !"

They forgot to ask for drivers license & social security #s.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A fool and his money are soon parted.

If the person noted above can, for hire, call a demon to aid someone with superhuman powers...why does he have to pimp on etsy to make a living? Just a tbought.
edit on 3/18/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I was blown away - when I was made aware of it. That it's even allowed amazes me. Now creating a necklace, or ritual garb, or other specialty items - I can wrap my mind around. However, the spell crafting of a dark nature really has me floored.

CdT

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is nothing new. It was a big thriving category on eBay until they finally shut it all down. Pissed a lot if witches off Lol. Amazingly, eBay still survives. You would think with all that witchy power, they would have destroyed eBay with multiple plagues of ghouls. But alas...um...nope!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I can see the headline now, "Spell Caster Serial Killer"

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Why would anybody want to attract dark (negative forces)???

Is this what Putin was up to for 10 days?! (sorry couldn't resist)

I wonder what the refund policy is like???

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, this is wrong on so many levels. Honestly, I hope each one realizes how they are going against what "witches" are really about.

And the rule of 3 bites them hard on the A**

People wonder why witches get a bad rap. sheesh.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I can see the headline now, "Spell Caster Serial Killer"

Ha ha. I know right?

Some rather disturbing stuff - but great reviews according to the entries made on the listings.

I guess... if it makes them happy - and it's not harming anyone. Hmm.

CdT

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I thought they made this kind of stuff illegal on online outlets like EBay and Etsy! IKD, Maybe EBay banned this stuff voluntarily.

Now, I know a guy who makes perfumed oils for calming and healing, and such, sometimes thought of as spells, I guess, that he concocts for individuals by using their Astrological Charts and Kabbalah Alchemy. He charges a fortune, but plenty people pay him for personalized magical scents!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't see this as a problem because he is actually producing a tangible product. And different scents can be relaxing to people.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Well I understand buying a product such as oil that is combined with essential from herbs associated with healing. I'd consider buying something like that or making it myself. I enjoy creating natal charts (funnily)for people to. But I've never charged for one. I suppose I could have decided to create a hobby business out of it.

I guess for me it crosses a line when they advertise spells for more nefarious (revenge, hexing) and selfish ends (love obsession and greed) and completely devoid of an item - just some skyping where you can watch them preform the ritual. ? What is that anyway? It's kind of creepy.

CdT

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
A fool and his money are soon parted.

If the person noted above can, for hire, call a demon to aid someone with superhuman powers...why does he have to pimp on etsy to make a living? Just a tbought.

Yep after thousands of years of every human on the planet trying to prove there religion is true, what evidence has anyone come up with??? Zero, just testamonials about the warm and fuzzies.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Perhaps a quiet look at the Witch's Rede would put your mind at rest.

Since Harry Potter I suspect there are a load of companies and people wanting to find another avenue to sell their wares. Wherever you look in business and web sites you will find criminals waiting to unload you of your hard earned money.

Recently a friend bought an invalid scooter to get her about. When it went wrong a day after delivery it became obvious that although she had a warranty for a year - something the firm claimed was such a good thing - until she wanted her scooter fixed she was facing what I suspect is a regular type of abuse on the net. Now that is not only breaking contract law and probably the importing license they operate under, but its exploiting the disabled and vulnerable. If someone genuinely thinks they can help someone with a spell, potion or whatever, just because its not coming through the lines of the priesthood - and we all know about many amongst them proclivities today and how despite all they preach they protect the devils amongst their own ranks, should one get ones under garments in a wad?

Being pagan I don't see its anything to be worried about, far more rgular nasty things on the web. Also isn't it up to the person who wants to go down that route to use their discernment and common sense over someone selling 'goblin's blood. If they are trying to entice money from potential suiciders that's of course another matter. I would have hoped after what we have learned about cults people would be very aware of their threats.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In Wicca the standard is ""An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

Paganism would quote something more akin to:

Ever Mind The Rule Of Three
Three Times Your Acts Return To Thee
This Lesson Well, Thou Must Learn
Thou Only Gets What Thee Dost Earn.

If you were a Druid you might follow these moral code of ethics and values:
1. Every action has a consequence that must be observed and you must be prepared to compensate for your actions if required.
2. All life is sacred and all are responsible for seeing that this standard is upheld.
3. You do still live in society and are bound by its rules.
4. Work with high standards.
5. Make an honest living.
6. Be a good host as well as a good guest.
7. Take care of yourself. (Health was held in high esteem amongst the Celts, so much that a person could be fined for being grossly overweight due to lack of care.)
8. Serve your community.
9. Maintain a healthy balance of the spiritual and mundane.
(Nihtscad writes: ‘Ethical and self respecting Druids did nothing without being properly schooled or aware of the consequences ahead of time. They knew when it was appropriate to visit the Otherworld and immerse themselves in the spiritual as well as when it was appropriate to be fully in this world.’)
10. Uphold the Truth, starting with yourself.
11. Be sure in your convictions, particularly when judging or accusing someone, but also when debating. Ask yourself: are you really sure? Do you really know that this the case?

Druidry Code of Ethics

So where are these people's moral code of ethics? I see a lot of people claim Satanism and Voodoo or just straight up Witchcraft (eclectic I guess?) as their practicing spirituality in the various shops. So I became curious and did a bit of googling to look up these various belief sets code of ethics and morals. It seems here, with the witch doctors, we get into some of the grey area of what is Dark Paganism.

CdT

edit on 18-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I just feel it sets a bad precedent. Over Christmas a friend of mine brought over some old books she had collected for me over the years. One of them is an Encyclopedia of Witchcraft & Demonology by Robbins dated 1959. What I found most striking about the stories in many of the Witch Trial cases. that are entries in that Encyclopedia - is that the witch crazes began when another person pointed the finger at someone else - and accused them of casting spells on them.

Spells of that very nature, you can find for the low price of $299 online today.

Being an open pagan - it just makes the soles of one's feet itch. Ancestral memory maybe?

CdT

edit on 18-3-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar fixes

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Where ever you have belief whether its your shortened version of the Rede or the professed ideals from the official religions - you also get mankind and some of those who just live to pervert decency under any guise they think they can best succeed. Some wear a pentagon, star of david, Cross round their necks etc etc but one is responsible for keeping oneself and our own safe. As I said before 'goblins blood' and one should know instinctively one is on a hiding to nothing.

But there are a lot of good people out there quietly getting on doing as they would be done by. I don't disagree with you in principle its just that there are IMHP worse things to worry about that have far more dangerous and nasty effects on people's lives like the struggle my friend is having over their disability scooter bought from the net.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Sorry I wrote my reply before seeing yours. Witchcraft trials wet often in the UK because a single woman held land and it was the easiest way the church could grab it. A jealous women could get rid of a rival or a midwife lost a child or woman etc and fury against the woman rather than God's decision was taken. So things this side of the pond wet obviously very similar to your side. Although the cost of some of the things you mention would need a guarantee or return of funds surely?

Ancestral memory? I suspect you hit the button on the head Shiloh.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

When I was doing divination for my primary income, I would offer actual craft work as needed. I was very careful to only charge for the consultation (which was high enough to justify the extra time I spent) and, if I saw an actual need, I would perform the work at my next circle. I would normally provide pictures of the ritual (people love that and it puts them at ease) and I actually have a special container for all of these that need keeping (like binding poppits, etc) that I never lose track of even years after the ritual.

I say all that to illustrate that there are perfectly ethical ways to "sell" spell work and rituals online. It crosses the line when there are promises or even offers without consultation which is what I normally see but the act of offering the service as a part of a consultation is absolutely within morally-sound practice.

Knowing that just makes the unethical sellers all the more infuriating, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Messing with the consciousness or life path of another individual without their permission is a big spiritual no-no. I wouldn't want any of that karma.
edit on 2015/3/18 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join