It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning!!!..Extreme ignorance here!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a personal reply to: Xtrozero : no one else read

Wasssssuuuppp ... mah cracka?!

I feel speical

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Xtrozero

And Jeff Foxworthy reclaimed "redneck" 20 years ago.

Redneck came about after EVERY word became politically incorrect... Nothing was touchable but stupid white people...lol

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I use the N word all the time when singing along to lil Wayne etc

I make sure to turn the car stereo it down if there's any black people around though.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

C'mon now, it hadn't been used in popular media since a couple of songs in the 70's.
edit on 18-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

its the context that brings them to life.

This, multiplied by infinity. I don't mind blacks taking back a perjorative and diminishing its ability to offend them, while winding up a certain element of white society who want to use the word in its original sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Listen folks
Some words are just too much fun to say. They will never go away.
I use both forms of the "N" word all the time. Now, I would never use either of them to communicate with black people.
Just like I would never use the "F" word directly to a gay person.
Just like I would never use the "R" word to a mentally handicapped person.
BUT.... those words are too much fun to say and if no ones around to be offended by them, I'm going to use them.
All of them.
I am the one who decides what MY words mean. not anyone else.
Not to mention, after a certain group of people declares that a word is no longer acceptable to describe them..
FAG for example.. if homosexuals don't want to be called "fag" and the world agrees, shouldn't I be able to use it for something else?
If it is no longer acceptable to call a mentally handicapped person "retarded" Why can't I use it for something else?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

its the context that brings them to life.

This, multiplied by infinity. I don't mind blacks taking back a perjorative and diminishing its ability to offend them, while winding up a certain element of white society who want to use the word in its original sense.

Except that's not what they're doing. If they were diminishing its ability to offend, it wouldn't be so offensive every time they heard it pass the lips of someone other than another black person.

This is a funny scene precisely BECAUSE of the offense we all know it causes when anyone else uses that word.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Frankly, words like the "n" word are low class. They present an image of a person that is less than you should be.

Now, that doesn't mean I never use words like that ever, but I certainly do edit my speech. I'm not going to "talk redneck" for example when I am in a professional setting or in my everyday life, but I might slip into it when dealing with family like my cousin who is as proud a redneck as ever lived. He's a trucker though. How he talks doesn't affect his everyday life nearly as much as it would if I walked into a publishing setting clipping my g's and using ain't everywhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's offensive because the only white person who'd use such a word and be accepted is one who was already accepted by them in the first place, and they know that person's usage isn't meant offensively, or if it is used in such a manner, they understand the circumstances. When some awkward or belligerent racist type uses it, it's an entirely different matter, as they know what context they are using it in. Only an idiot or a racist would want to use that word blithely around blacks they didn't know well.

edit on 18-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Morals go before a fall of an empire. We're watch it burn now. I'm prepping. I don't know what you're doing but I suggest you do so also.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
blithely?

Check this out, first of all, you're throwing too many big words at me. Okay, now because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take them as disrespect. Watch your mouth, and help me with this thread.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

edit on 18-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

Only an idiot uses the word at all.

Look, either a word is derogatory or its not. You can't say it's derogatory when I call you that but not when he calls me that. That's what is called a double standard. And a double standard is different from a word simply having a different definition depending on how it's used.

In this case the meaning remains the same, but whether or not the person is offended changes depending on the social context. Oh, I can see where it might feel empowering, but for the most part, those are schoolyard games we're supposed to outgrow.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think all the rednecks, white Christians, and white political conservatives should start saying the "N" word freely and openly....you know....to promote open dialog

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I think all the rednecks, white Christians, and white political conservatives should start saying the "N" word freely and openly....you know....to promote open dialog

Ignore them and they will get louder. Then the system will take care of the problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Whatever the origins, it was used as a slur and as a common form of address because slave owners couldn't be arsed calling slaves by their real names. If it wasn't anglicised it was "negro, come here now!"

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Its quite sad words can have such power over people, its a word god forbid even curse words are cute a d funny when a child says a word that sounds like a curse word but instead of the world letting these things hold no power we have to teach them its not ok to say that wor because well you cant pronunce the word truck what your saying is wrong. Wouldnt it be nice to see tge politicans debate using curse words lol they arnt bad unless we make them let it go everybody say whatever and dont be such a baby about words.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why? Then there would be shootings and violence and then we'd have more Ferguson level riots because someone would pick on the wrong white person and find out that sometimes they pack heat legally and defend themselves.

So, we don't use words that we know you find objectionable because unlike you, we respect that you find them objectionable. We find it curious that you degrade yourselves by continuing to use the word though.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Whens the last time you seen a white person call that name to a blacks face or even in the general vicinity? Now, how many times have you heard a black say "look at this white mutha/!@#a"? or f---ing white boy? Very often for me. In fact, I once worked for the City and County of Denver in street maintenance, and most of the guys there were black or hispanic, and you would not believe the amount of racist comments I had to endure! I am pretty sure that is where I got my super thick skin from.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Yes, as a former inner city school teacher, I know exactly what you mean. I got a lot of it from my students which wasn't entirely unexpected, but I also got a certain amount from colleagues who made it quite clear they thought the only people fit to educate black children were black teachers.

Coming from college as an athlete where I was a definite minority on the team ... it was a shock. My teammates were far less racist (in fact not really at all for the most part) than either the kids or the teachers, but then athletics and teamwork changes your perspective on people.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why it's okay to be called "cracker " as if it's a silly nickname? I've been called a lot of different derogatory names by young and old black males. We got into an argument at work because a black girl who works said she was going to stand up to a group of kids saying the "n-word" freely and it bothered her. But the conversation they were having had nothing to do with her, she wasn't being called that they were calling each other that. I hear offensive things all the time, but if we give people attention they will just continue doing it out of spite.

I was told I was wrong for thinking that it's just as bad being called "cracker". See it's so acceptable that I don't even feel I should type "c-word". I don't think it's funny or silly if black people call white people nick names. I feel that they think they can because they were oppressed and enslaved and are representing their race of people. It's still racism. But it's not racist if they say it, it's deserved and welcomed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join