It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With WW3 looking inevitable, steps to take to prepare.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm unsure to put this in world war 3 thread or prepping. Either way I feel it is important for the more uneducated reader to have access to info for ways to prepare for what I feel is inevitable war. When reading the current global situation both economically and territorially I feel that we are merely going through the motions on the path to all out war. Many can argue the reasoning for this war varying from saving the economy through the industrial war machine to age old religious differences. For us the normal man it doesn't matter. What matters is protecting our loved ones. Therefore I would like those with the vast experience accumulated through prepping, survivalist practices and more advanced fall out scenario preparation to share and guide those in this time of need.

(I would prefer if their is no discussion on who what where and why/if a war in here but just on the preparing and what to expect)

In my own mind/preparations for what's coming I see the war unfolding from one large event and will steadily progress over a couple of years. The good news in this is although if a war has started, you will still have time to prepare with what you have. However I will take this from the point of beginning from now....today.

First and most important is assess your financial situation, how much money you can access now and over the next few years. Plan and budget as much as you can for this preparation because if its a choice between a night out and your kids starving a month earlier then so be it.
When you have your finances planned start with the essentials to survive the next 2 weeks, if it all kicked off in the morning you would be fully able to lock down for those 2 weeks. This will include water, food, clothes, medication, fire making items (lighters/matches). I am all into organic living and try to eat as best as possible, but when comes down to prepping, the cheaper the better. Tinned food is dirt cheap, stock up and plan out meals for the 2 weeks ahead. Items such as dried oats, fruit, veg is perfect and lasts a long time. When you have the 2 weeks sorted out you will then start to add and accumulate items that you will need beyond these 2 weeks of emergency and look towards long term survival.
There are vast amounts of information on the web on survival skills etc but I feel it is very important to have either a book collection or even printed off webpages, whatever if cheaper for you. A book I cant recommend highly enough is The New Complete Book of Self-Sufficiency by John Seymour. Although it has sections on things you will not need it does have things you will find invaluable...setting snares, gutting fish, chickens, cows. Building fences, hedges, brewing beer, wine and the list goes on forever. When you read that book you get an idea of what is needed to live self sufficiently and survive when war breaks out and the monetary system collapses.

I can go on about important lists etc but I would be just regurgitating different websites, so here are a few links and read away.

So if you can offer words of wisdom on what to expect and how to survive the war that is coming. Also instead of letting fear and stress overcome you and render you useless, use your bodies mechanisms for preparation to your advantage. Let the blood pump and your heart beat out of your chest, its not a sign of panic....its a sign that your body is ready to operate. So for your families sake if not your own start preparing.

Items that disappear quickest in an emergency

Prepper list of supplies

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969
A full on WW3 is not imminent IMHO.
Why?
Because that does not profit the ignorami who claim to rule us.
A slow steady boiling is the prefered and workable method.

A population in constant fear of WW3 produces much more profit for the megacorps than actual nuclear destruction.
All psycho global leaders agree,and play the game.

You can't milk a radioactive cow.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If and when WW3 starts, It will be an unlimited nuclear exchange with the accompanying nuclear winter. Also I would expect bio/chem weapons to be unleashed as well. To be honest I don't see any prep for that type of event to be of much help.

The best that can be hoped for imo is a peaceful transition into the great beyond via pills and whisky.

Glad I don't have kids because I too see the doomsday clock very close to midnight.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If there is a nuclear exchange.

First and for most, one must not breath irradiated air, eat irradiated food or drink irradiated water.

Any radioactive dust on the skin can be washed off no problem.

But if it gets in you, you are dead.

It will slowly poison you from the inside.

Nothing can be done to save you.

So always wear a mask outside, always.

And if you go outside in an environment that has even low levels of radiation, one must shower and discard the clothing you wore.

Never bring that stuff inside your bunker, it will be what kills you, not starving or dehydration or disease.

If there is a nuclear exchange, one would have to have around a 10year stock of food water and medical supplies.

That is the requisite time for most if the low radiation areas to become livable once more by most projections.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
1) find some nice cheap land with running water for fishing that is viable as good farming land. (as far away from military bases or major cities as possible)
2) buy or build a dwelling large enough (nothing fancy) that will house who you need to house
3) build a watermill in the running fresh water to pump water to the dwelling
4) install solar panels and/or generators
5) purchase throw away cell phones with phone cards just in case and radios
6) have dried foods and rations available for at least a year
7) plan on what to take to the location (only the very basics)
Use cash for all transactions

So far , I have planned as thorough as possible and all this has cost slightly more than 30,000 over the 6 years. That is about 5000 a year. I am still improving. Not only does this cover most scenarios but it is actually a nice retirement or vacation spot

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

First and for most, one must not breath irradiated air, eat irradiated food or drink irradiated water.

And if you go outside in an environment that has even low levels of radiation, one must shower and discard the clothing you wore.

Never bring that stuff inside your bunker, it will be what kills you, not starving or dehydration or disease.

If there is a nuclear exchange, one would have to have around a 10year stock of food water and medical supplies.

That is the requisite time for most if the low radiation areas to become livable once more by most projections.

Are you serious ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If and when WW3 starts, It will be an unlimited nuclear exchange with the accompanying nuclear winter. Also I would expect bio/chem weapons to be unleashed as well. To be honest I don't see any prep for that type of event to be of much help.

The best that can be hoped for imo is a peaceful transition into the great beyond via pills and whisky.

Glad I don't have kids because I too see the doomsday clock very close to midnight.

www.cnn.com...

"I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"-Einstein

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avicenne

originally posted by: johnwick

Are you serious ?

Yes, depressing isn't it.

Basically only gov or mega rich have much of a chance.

But the little guy can make due.

There are plenty of preppers with well over decades of stocked food, natural springs tapped in their bunkers etc..

You never know, this info just might save your life.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

"I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"-Einstein

We can all check out to this old classic playing in the background....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, a good plan for minimising radiation is important. I say minimise as on a budget for the ordinary person it will never be a case of complete prevention. A simple set up of lock down into a set room and then a system of entering leaving that room into sealed rooms. Also sealing all windows, airvents etc.

Also if it was a case of take a load of pills and enjoy the whiskey it would be very easy, but bring in loved ones and kids then life is more complicated. It is doable to lock down in your home and through careful planning and intelligent systems to prevent radiation and disease coming into your inner living areas.

I cant milk a healthy cow, never mind a radioactive one, maybe will end up having more tits to squeeze?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There's some good advice here for Europe and the US. Can I just add, as a UK citizen that if you live in the UK unless you're near the coast and have a ship you're doomed (in regards to nuclear war).

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

How to make a "pop can stove"

edit on 17-3-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

Video "part 2"

Video "pert 3-Design Improvements"

edit on 17-3-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
1) find some nice cheap land with running water for fishing that is viable as good farming land. (as far away from military bases or major cities as possible)
2) buy or build a dwelling large enough (nothing fancy) that will house who you need to house
3) build a watermill in the running fresh water to pump water to the dwelling
4) install solar panels and/or generators
5) purchase throw away cell phones with phone cards just in case and radios
6) have dried foods and rations available for at least a year
7) plan on what to take to the location (only the very basics)
Use cash for all transactions

So far , I have planned as thorough as possible and all this has cost slightly more than 30,000 over the 6 years. That is about 5000 a year. I am still improving. Not only does this cover most scenarios but it is actually a nice retirement or vacation spot

You forgot somthing that is often overlooked.

You need to keep all emergency electronics in a Faraday cage.

In case of EMP.

Most of us have one in our houses already.

A standard microwave oven is a Faraday cage, this is why the microwaves can't get out.

I recommend storing all emergency electronics in an old one you don't use anymore.

Make sure it is unplugged so no accidents happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Thanks already there , waiting. I know I have forgotten to list all preps. The major one though is tell absolutely no one.Thus the throwaway cells. On the day , call whoever you need to and explain where to meet. Not before .

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
All you need to know and more.

Download and print.

www.pssurvival.com...

Jude11

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this

Thanks already there , waiting. I know I have forgotten to list all preps. The major one though is tell absolutely no one.Thus the throwaway cells. On the day , call whoever you need to and explain where to meet. Not before .

Yes, tell none.

There will most likely be many people who would like to take your stuff because they didn't prepare.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If there is going to be a ww3, I would rather a nuke land right next to me and my family and get it over with. I would not want to live, I would not want to survive .

It amazes me that even in this day and age, one man can decide if we go to war, and his countrymen will follow blindly, even if its a mad mans desire.

The only way we will stop tribal warfare, is to stop looking at other counties like they are another planet. To shake of this patriotism for your country that has been drilled into our brains.

Its only a small percent of the population that decides , and we do nothing about it

edit on 17-3-2015 by Jay-morris because: spelling mistakes

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To really prepare for the coming apocalypse psychologically, read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy.

This isn't going to be some boy scout camping trip.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you're stuck in town with other people around, eat only enough to survive (even if you have plenty of stored food). Most likely you will have to go out eventually. You can't be seen nice and plump when everyone else has lost 50 lbs and scrawny. That will give it away that you have plenty of food. Plus, you don't want to be on tonight's menu

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
To really prepare for the coming apocalypse psychologically, read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy.

This isn't going to be some boy scout camping trip.

That right there is a terrifying story.

Makes madmax or water world look like Disneyland.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join