It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Some minorities take their oppression with humility your just a closet racist sorry black ppl actually get mad over injustice not like Mexicans getting paid less than minimum wage or native Americans who are ravaged by poverty

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Hey, I'm not thrilled with fat white Americans either, and I'm white. She wants to leave the U.S. because it's racist? Where does she think her dumb ass is going to be accepted with open arms? Lol, nowhere on the planet. Tolerance of idiotic gangsta rappers only decreases as you get further from the States.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

Cracker is a racist term used to derogatorily describe white people.

So yes. It is a term directed at all whites.

Just like 'n-word' (or nigga) is a term directed at blacks.
edit on bTuesday201546b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

edit on bTuesday201546b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Too bad could have had a message but the negatives take away from that. Maybe that's the intent here.

“It’s always about race,” she said. “[New Zealand singer] Lorde can run her mouth and talk # about all these other b*tches, but y’all aren’t saying she’s angry.”

Dunno about this Lorde person but am guessing she said racial slurs against people and that makes it okay to do the same?

“If I have something to say, I get pushed into the corner.”

Then say something meaningful that doesn't involve this kind of thing? Had an idea there but went off calling slurs. That discounts from the intent.

“Really, the generational effects of Jim Crow and poverty linger on,” Banks continued. “As long as I have my money, I’m getting the f*ck out of here and I’m gonna leave y’all to your own devices.”

...And this is why I hate 'modern' rap music.

She previously joked about “killing crackers” in their sleep after a jury decided not to indict Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson for shooting resident Mike Brown.

Instead of threats, why don't you rap about it? Let the world know? Or if you're not that famous raise money for those affected by Ferguson to getting laws changed, etc. Doesn't make sense when someone has the potential power to do something, they do nothing at all. Good luck when her 15 mins is up.

Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans

originally posted by: Telos

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Has she left the USA yet?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

And what is it among black Americans? A collective flaw? An epidemic? Blacks are generally far more racist than whites, and whites these days are pathologically self-flagellating oikophobes. After all, these traits have been nurtured by cultural Marxism for decades. Not surprising that you would miss that given your seeming blanket defense of blacks whatever the situation is. Black racism is more or less encouraged by the system as there is no real reaction to it. White racism is swiftly stamped out and condemned by authorities of all kinds.

One could say failure to recognise these blatant realities reeks of ignorance. One would have to be hopelessly biased not to recognise the severe double standards at play here.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Manufactured outrage over some words said by someone you've never heard of. Pull yourselfs together. Imagine if everyone made threads about a tweet they didn't like by someone they've never heard of.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't worry about it, She will never move.

All those rich people bashing and hating the US spend lots of time and money trying to get here and stay here.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Who cares what a rapper thinks? Honestly.

The rap/pop industry these days has been garbage. At least for the most part. Shes hates white folks, or fat white folks for that matter? Whoop-dee-do. Seems to me it's just a call for attention. That's all these sectors of music is anymore mostly. Whoever can produce "music" or "art" while being controversial is good for business. It ups their views/sales, which in turn ups their spotlight and money generation.

Which is why I don't even bother looking at any of this crap on platforms such as youtube. All kinds of stars promote ridiculous things in an attempt to gain a few minutes of spotlight. And when the dust settles, they'll be at it again. My suggestion is to ignore it. If you're white or black, don't even bother. It's all a load of crap that doesn't even help the situation at all. If anything it would only make it worse.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Well, due to all this publicity shes had, now EVERYONE knows who she is....from zero to black hero in two sentences.

Your comment generalizes (which is ignorant to say the least...) and places an entire demographic into one box: Condoning Azealia Banks philosophy as if anyone who is black automatically shares her views. It is important to note: Not all white people support the KKK...

What gives you the impression she has become a "black hero?"

Is that a fact that she has become a black hero or just a thought in your mind that flames the fire of animosity towards your fellow countrymen...?

Banks records sales went up after she called Perez Hilton a "faggot" in 2014.

in 2013 after the producer of Harlem Shake wouldn't let her release a copy she said "He and his friends should grab each others dicks in a circle jerk and drown in faggotory.."..she is one classy, eloquent hood rat..isn't she.

Never the less, the poor ignorant hood rats for whom she vomits her songs will hold her on a pedestal as all that is good and true in Harlem and NYC..

Lets she how many she sells after this years outburst..

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'd also like to know if anyone here on ATS who lives in the middle of America, is a young girl and works in Kmart and has a racist grandma..?

I'd like to know your opinion on her thoughts..

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Meh. I could care less. I'm going to continue not worrying about her after I stop posting in this thread just like I wasn't worrying about her before. I didn't even know who she was before I clicked on this thread and I consider myself a music aficionado. Of course, the reason for this is because I don't listen to pop music that comes on the radio.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a dumb, rude bitch. I enjoyed some of her earlier work, and one videos in particular I thought was put together really well. I even recommended her work to several people as her material seemed clever and fresh - and the rude element made it even more appealing - but remarks like this instantly cast her into the festering waste-bin of uneducated, sh!t-artists that don't really have a clear nor accurate understanding of the culture which they claim to critique and impact. There really isn't a way to back-peddle out after making comments like that.

What a way to kill your respect and credibility at such a young age. Utilizing elements of anger certainly have their place in art and especially music (when used tactfully and tastefully), but inserting downright hate, and poorly thought-out racist elements like this just makes a person look dumb, lazy and trashy. Does she have the mental capacity to explain to her white friends the reasoning within her process of discrimination? Farewell, Azealia.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Never the less, the poor ignorant hood rats for whom she vomits her songs will hold her on a pedestal as all that is good and true in Harlem and NYC..

That says more about American society as a whole than it does about certain races...

in 2013 after the producer of Harlem Shake wouldn't let her release a copy she said "He and his friends should grab each others dicks in a circle jerk and drown in faggotory.."..she is one classy, eloquent hood rat..isn't she.

My very first comment in this thread I stated how ignorant her rants and views are, to say the least. Again, I personally have never heard of her until this thread, and therefore, it suggest to me that those who are shining their own light of awareness on her are also contributing to flaming the fire.

If someone such as Azealia Banks is causing such a stir in your world or society, than it say a lot more about your world and the society you live in as a whole than it does about Azealia Banks.

Let it marinate...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Amazingly said.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We don't much care for you either, ratchet wench.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Azeel...who??

Idk who she is...never heard of her.

She really can't be THAT relevant IMHO. Just some ignorant chick who thinks people BUY her music, lol

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I have saved 3 black peoples' lives (2 children-1 elderly lady) without being in the business of saving lives.

The funny thing is-I went to an almost all black school (for about 6-7 years)and was beaten constantly by large groups of blacks for merely being white-and after all of that-I jumped into the flood waters (with snakes that I happen to be deathly afraid of) when a flash flood was tearing through a Memphis neighborhood about 6 yrs ago.(I have to wait to ask my old roommate about the date-we had to work together to get her away from the flood and to the firemen.We just happened to be in a better position to reach her)

After almost being killed by blacks on more than one occasion in my adult life and them making my face look almost like Jigsaw in the Punisher comics-I was still willing to save their lives.

People like this rapper make me question if I should ever risk my rear again for people that are apparently raised to hate me.

( I don't mean to offend anyone-I just think it's important that fellow ATSers understand why I might seem a little hot under the collar when these types of threads (race stuff) come up.Almost being violently murdered for absolutely nothing will kind of change your view on things.)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

The reason that the N-word is offensive is because it refers to a "bad event." Since Whites don't have a lot of bad events, these words don't really sting as much.

If it makes her feel any better, the Greys are the real overlords of this planet, that's right, not light skin, black skin, yellow or red, but "gray." It's interesting that the Greys may actually be our heroes(in fact, it's possible that most sightings in the U.S are from the Greys. The good E.Ts are prevented by the Universal Law of Non-Interference, unless they are specifically asked, or in another specific event. It's very much like this planet, the bad guys never have to follow the rules, only the good guys do).

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter though, we just need to know that they exist, whether they're good or bad. In addition, if it gets to the point where they(the good E.Ts) can interfere without "dramatically changing the natural progress of our evolution," which is the reason that they cite(basically, what it means is that if we progress morally and technologically to the point where we know that they exist anyway, something that NASA is trying very hard to prevent), then they'll show the big one.

And to answer one of the points made in the comment section of that video(have to post it here as it won't show on youtube), yes, we are genetically different, but that should not be a reason to differentiate. To differentiate based on skin color would be no different from discriminating against homosexuals, people with Alzheimer's disease, etc. It's time for us to stop making up differences, whether it's race, religion, or nationality and kill/hate each other based on them.

Perhaps it would help to think that the gods are watching us.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
When desperately attempting to be controversial completely overshadows your art it's probably time to question whether a career in music is for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join