It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimean Tatars Going Missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Apparently not everyone in Crimea loves Vladimir Putin's Russia.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Old Soviet tactics of detention, beatings and disappearances also arrived with Putin to Crimea. The Tatars have quickly found themselves the brunt of repressive actions to ensure Russian control of the peninsula isn't challenged. Constant stories of young Tatar men missing are turning up on the internet. It's the same story being replayed from Chechnya. Yet again the world watches as a new Russian region gets subdued. In Crimea people are guilty of extremism if they carry a Ukrainian flag.

When you see the links to polls on how Crimea loves returning to Mother Russia remember what happens to the people that don't agree with that change. As you read the ATS posts on Crimea wonder what it would be like to live in fear of being abducted and never seen alive again. Not because you did anything, simply because you thought differently.
edit on 17-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is not really unexpected with Russian nationalism running so high.

However, the Crimean Tartars are sadly on the end of yet another Russian motivated obscenity. The history of racial abuse and attempted genocide against the Tartars goes back many decades as the Soviets sought to remove indigenous inhabitants from their native lands through starvation in the 1920’s and 30’s (which also impacted Ukraine to the tune of several million deaths), through to the forced removal of the population to Central Asia in 1944.

I guess that Putin’s Russia is just rolling on with the removal of Tatars from Crimea for good. Cannot have these other races polluting good Russian blood, can we?

It’s a disgrace, but I am sure someone will find some way to blame the West for this catastrophe.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes, I didn't even go into the very tragic history of the Crimean Tatars. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it...has never been so true.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Yes, I didn't even go into the very tragic history of the Crimean Tatars. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it...has never been so true.

So on the day of celebrations Western media comes up with a story, and as usual there are two sides on a story...

PDF Report: War crimes of the armed forces and security forces of Ukraine: torture of the Donbass region residents

The seventh "suicide" for the month: Ukraine lost another former member of the "Party of Regions"

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Oddly I don't find 'democracyfund.ru' reliable, or 'fortruss' blog site. I know you're busy celebrating Crimea's reunification thou, no need to find more sources. Have some cake and Grosh! You've earned it!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

When everything else fails, attack the source as being unreliable and make the suggestion the one making the post is affiliated to Russian somehow...Yaaawn!, same old tactic as we have seen many times before.
edit on 17 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
We can all trade links, but let's keep on Crimea and the OP shall we?. I'll give you a international human rights links regarding Crimea.

The authorities have compelled Crimea residents who were Ukrainian citizens either to become Russian citizens or, if they reject Russian citizenship, to be deemed foreigners in Crimea, removing any guarantee against any future potential expulsion.

Human Rights Watch

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

When everything else fails, attack the source as being unreliable and make the suggestion the one making the post is affiliated to Russian somehow...Yaaawn!, same old tactic as we have seen many times before.

Come'on....you quoted a blog site called FortRuss ! That Pig wasn't going to fly no matter how high you threw it up in the air!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sounds like Chicago... Not really as extreme, but some parallels can be taken. Seems, like there, except we get in trouble for flying our own American flag, because we don't want to offend an outsider. People vanish all the time when they oppose the people in power, and that is terrifying, because right now I don't really trust the people in power anywhere! I'm sure they're reading this so,I might get disappeared for even writing this anti government trash. how many times now have we seen someone get arrested for what they wrote on Facebook or Twitter? 1 is to many. world is not really sad state right now, I just hope we can get it all on the right track.

I don't wish to derail this thread, but I just have to ask... Does anyone else feel like the Russia/USA fight has been on the card for ages? It's like Ali and Forman, both are huge in their own right but you can't have 2 Champions of the world. It is like we have had the prefight poo-talkin', and the weigh in, all that is left is to put 'em in the ring. EVERYBODY wants to see the fight! I will try to look away so I don't have to see the knockout punch.
edit on 17-3-2015 by wastedown because: its what i do

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Come'on....you quoted a blog site called FortRuss ! That Pig wasn't going to fly no matter how high you threw it up in the air!

So you have evidence to the contrary as what is claimed ?

Let`s face it, when the presented information doesn`t follow your agenda they are just lies, just as last night when someone used RT as a source...only Western Media is telling the truth, oh wait, you also made a thread about ABC using old footage...

Yup, information is only valid when it suits your agenda...Putin is bad !

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I think we all know what's going to happen here.
In ten years we'll probably have international investigators digging up mass graves of all those who went "missing".

We know of the extremism this kind of rampant nationalism breeds, and we've seen exactly that when the video was released of a woman tied to a pole and beaten by nationalist extremists - those so-called "rebels" beating women in the street.

Mark my words, in a few years we're going to be learning about the horrors inflicted on people by these thugs and their invading supporters from "Mother Russia".

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Let`s face it, when the presented information doesn`t follow your agenda they are just lies, just as last night when someone used RT as a source...only Western Media is telling the truth, oh wait, you also made a thread about ABC using old footage...

Yup, information is only valid when it suits your agenda...Putin is bad !

So you claim all others are doing EXACTLY what you do with pretty much every post you make, and every thread you start.

You do nothing but praise Putin, defend Russia, attack the west and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you. I'm shocked you're still permitted to post on these forums given the obvious trolling and deliberate distraction attempts you repeatedly make in every single thread related to this issue.

ATS mods, we desperately need an ignore button so we can block those who have one singular and obvious agenda. There is too much noise and propaganda here, and it's about time we had the option to silence it so that we can carry on with proper discussions.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Where have I been praising Putin ?

I have been posting about the crap which Western media tries to pull, which is constantly misreporting about things regarding Putin...but in the minds of people who want to portray Putin as the demon from hell, it looks that way, because it doesn`t make him look as bad as some want to make him look...but that`s what you get from looking at things one sided, it gives you completely distorted view on things and by so, also about what I post...

I do nothing more as posting about what I think actually is going on.

edit on 17 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Did you just ask me to discredit your 'FortRuss' Blog site post??? Ah...let me get right on that! hahaha

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Did you just ask me to discredit your 'FortRuss' Blog site post??? Ah...let me get right on that! hahaha

I just asked you for evidence on the contrary as to what was claimed, but seeing you can`t, you are going to start again attacking the source, as usual.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I just asked you for evidence on the contrary as to what was claimed, but seeing you can`t, you are going to start again attacking the source, as usual.

By their own admission, the FortRuss blog website is a pro Russian forum. Therefore, the messages will be pro Russian and take that angle in their reporting. If you look at some of the "articles" they are very anti-Ukraine, and pro Russian.

We do this work in our spare time, because we are concerned about security in the world today, and this is why it is essential for the West to hear Russia's side of the story.

Source

However, the OP was about Crimea, so try to keep it that way. If you have any noteworthy sources that cover the points raised by the OP and the persecution of the Tartars - or not, then please post against that. I have already posted a human rights report that supports the position of the OP that there are serious human rights concern in Crimea.

Elsewhere in the eastern Ukraine, there have likely been abuse from both sides. Keep it on Crimea. Is that possible?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Keep it on Crimea. Is that possible ?

With one sided MSM articles which exaggerate what goes on in Crimea being posted and totally ignoring the other side of things, which are way worse, about what goes on...it should be posted.

Did ATS become a 100% Western propaganda site as the likes of CNN, FOX, BBC, etc...I haven`t got the memo coming from the owners...if so, they should make it public to all the forum members so we can leave this site and move on to other sites who have an interest to inform the public about what really goes on.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

With one sided MSM articles which exaggerate what goes on in Crimea being posted and totally ignoring the other side of things, which are way worse, about what goes on...it should be posted.

Human rights organisations don't exaggerate and they state that human rights are deteriorating in Crimea. They're probably OK for Russian nationals, but - as cited - not OK for those who are not. The reports from human rights organisations support the OP.

You can bang on about Western propaganda if you like, but I find it hypocritical that you counter with blatant Russian propaganda. Most Western media is still free, and certainly not constrained by government repression as is the case in dear old Russia.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Tell you what provide any evidence that refutes what is happening to the original owners of that land the Crimean Tartars.

Russia has tried to ethnically cleanse the Tartars ever since they stole Crimea from Ukraine.

In a Sept. 9 statement, Latvia's Foreign Minister Edgar Rinkevics accused Russia of carrying what is "in essence the ethnic cleansing" of the Tatar people from annexed Crimea. Mustafa Cemilev, leader of the Crimean Tatars who has been banned from his homeland by the Russian authorities, added that Russia's FSB security agency has been raiding the homes of Tatar leaders in an effort to intimidate them into fleeing Crimea, accusing Moscow of "the systematic violation of human rights on the peninsula." Russian authorities banned Cemilev from his homeland for five years after the annexation of the peninsula, and he took refuge in Kiev. But he said in an interview that Russian authorities have called for him to appear for an interrogation, and he fears he would be arrested if he appears.

ww4report.com...

Since you like blogs so much I thought I would offer this one for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Did ATS become a 100% Western propaganda site as the likes of CNN, FOX, BBC, etc...I haven`t got the memo coming from the owners...

Funny coming from someone who pushes propaganda as though it is gospel with Russian media.

<<   2 >>

join