It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One American's Rage Spills Over: Shut Your Mouth & Start Fighting These Political Parasites

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yup, people love to say that our country [America] is so great, so rich, our military is so awesome, people follow our trends worldwide, so on and so forth.

But there's a big problem. Since our country is so 'great', so 'prosperous', and so 'strong', why does this not reflect onto our citizens as a whole? Wouldn't a prosperous nation have prosperous citizens to reflect that? Seems pretty reasonable and completely logical right? Well, if you look around, you'll find out real fast that is not the case. Not one bit. Not anymore at least. That ship has sailed years ago.

It is true that America has quite large amounts of wealth. Compared to the vast majority of other countries. But that's where the old-school political manipulation comes in. Yes, America is rather wealthy, but they don't come out and tell you that the wealth in the country is incredibly concentrated. It's concentrated at an alarming and ridiculous rate. And it keeps getting worse and worse. These scumbags progressively want more, and more, and more..... And more on top of the even more mores. You've got the corporate capitalist oligarchs to thank for that, them and all of their bribes. Oops, Sorry, I forgot my political correctness. Make that "lobbying," "political contributions," and of course "[political] donations."

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sounds pretty reasonable to me as well Honcho! It seems very strange to me that this Great Wealth that The Fed and Politicos talk about just doesn't seem to reflect in my everyday observations of the vast majority of citizens I come across in a day.

Maybe I travel in Lowly Circles and perhaps I should start rubbing elbows more with our "Owner Class". Or at least get a Persona Transplant so I can at least kinda look like one of them. Naw, I'd rather be here with Real People and all I can say to the Oligarchs that own America is maybe I'll see you in another lifetime and perhaps you won't be so Mighty and Feeling so full of yourselves. At least I for one will have some empathy for you as you have certainly wasted this lifetime amassing material things that you will lose with your last breath. Peace and Happy St Pat's ATS
Arjunanda. a reply to: Honcho

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: asmall89

True, bank savings accounts are a poor investment and should only be used for emergency funds, but there are more profitable vehicles available.

As for college, there are multiple ways to finance an education. First, demonstrating a dedication to attaining an education through hard work can greatly reduce tuition. Most universities offer reduced or free tuition to employees and dependents. Although my wife doesn't earn a large salary at the university where she works, I and our youngest child attended tuition-free. That's huge. But, too often, those with the "eat the rich" mentality just want everything to be given them, without taking personal responsibility.

I have now been accepted to two law schools (waiting on a letter from a third). Because I put my nose to the grindstone and achieved a 4.0 GPA (attending classes full time, while working a full-time job) One school has offered me a significant tuition reduction.

I agree, a mortgage is most often necessary, but as I said previously, one should not overextend to purchase above their means and buy more house than needed. With that said, a person can also invest wisely to leave their children and grandchildren a nest egg that can eliminate or greatly reduce the need for a mortgage.

All of this just requires some sacrifice and learning the habits of the wealthy, while forgetting the habits of the poor.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WTFover

I went a different route, I'm about 10 years into my education now out of the estimated 12 I need for what I want to do. I have no college loans. I paid for some of it out of pocket by choosing tuition over rent money and going homeless. I paid for other parts by selling plasma. Currently I get Pell Grants, and I've chosen school in an area where that money goes further. What they don't cover I pay out of pocket from work

What I learned about houses long ago, and it probably still doesn't even apply in todays market, is that you should never buy a house that costs more than 1 years salary. If you make $200,000/year, then look to a house at that price or less. If you make too little, then don't try for a mortgate. If you do this, you can take a 30 year mortgage of a standard 3.33% of your income, make triple payments on it for 10% of your total income, and be in a comfortable position while saving a whole lot of money in interest.

Financing should only be for short term needs. If you can't pay it off in under 5 years using realistic financing plans... go without.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

It's kind of a relative statement. I bought this house for 220G and soon afterward the housing market crashed and I couldn't sell it for 75...All that money, the difference was no longer mine. It all went to bankers.

I'm the middle class.
I wasn't alone. It happened to everyone.

We were set up
to take the fall
by GWB and the GOPS removing banking regulations.

Middle class took one to the gut. Bankers made trillions.
Awwww poor stupid Americans. That's what we get for trusting a snake.

Compared to that dark period, that lowest of lows during the Bush years... the middle class has scratched it's way back There have been huge improvements across every sector. Compared to the near depression we almost fell into, we are doing markedly better. MC is still doing relatively terrible though, in spite of the progress, because for every one person fighting for us, there are 2 people fighting against us.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Congresswoman Says Kids Should Be Drug-Tested Before Receiving Inheritances

While some will react viscerally to the notion of another assault on the wealthy, you should first ask yourselves this question; "When will this be used against me?"

Once the leviathan gets a taste of that extra cash flow, the addiction will demand more.

Of course, this will not happen, but it is the perfect demonstration of why wealth is being moved out of the country. Why wouldn't they? Everyone, and I mean everyone, wants to keep more of what they work for. Denying that is simply disingenuous.

ETA: Rep. Linda Sanchez is the political parasite. The National Taxpayers Union gave her an F in 2012, identifying her as a "Big Spender." She has voted for every debt limit increase, every stimulus package, every bailout. This is a prime example of someone addicted to our tax dollars.

edit on 18-3-2015 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2015 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join