It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold fusion is real, scientists claim

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Cold fusion, a revolutionary source of energy -- discovered 25 years ago but was cold-shouldered by mainstream physicists -- is now staging a comeback thanks to researchers who doggedly pursued the science behind it.

In a set of 34 peer-reviewed articles published recently in the journal "Current Science", nuclear scientists from a dozen nations including India, the US, China, Japan and France report that cold fusion was real and should be taken seriously.

"What comes out of this review is that the phenomenon of LENR is real and by all accounts appears to have the potential for practical applications in the not-too-distant future," Srinivasan, a retired physicist of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Mumbai

Source

After years of following the LENR field, this is a welcome confirmation for the "believers" out there. After years of frustration and observing malicious ignorance I'm reminded of a quote by Arthur C. Clarke: "The space elevator will be built ten years after they stop laughing".

Now the onus rests on humanity to bring this technology out from the shadows. There has been so much coverage and excitation on the proposed fission reactor from the caves of the Lockheed Martin Skunkworks, however, as has been so much the case in refuting LENR - nothing is proven! They don't even have a prototype ready! This subject certainly needs more coverage.. alas, Gill Scott Heron knew it... The revolution will not be televised!!

Hopefully this revelation will assist humanity in breaking free from the clutches of dependence on a redundant and destructive energy economy.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PadawanGandalf

Round n round. Fusing nuclei requires and releases enormous amounts of energy.

People that don't understand might be easily swayed…

There is no such thing as cold fusion. Neither is there such a thing as cold fire.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You gonna keep telling yourself that when the first home fusion reactors are being sold en-masse?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Cold fusion may very well be real but then again so were Dinosaurs. The technology will never be allowed to come to fruition while our societies follow an oil based economy simply because there is far to much profit to be had.

People start producing their own energy then whole social paradigm changes for ever. "They" cannot allow that to happen.
edit on 14-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You can access the articles here:
"http://www.currentscience.ac.in/php/feat.php?feature=Special%20Section:%20Low%20Energy%20Nuclear%20Reactions&featid=10094"

Anyone who has looked the topic might recognize quite a few of the authors. So I wouldn't get too excited.
edit on 14-3-2015 by moebius because: link

edit on 14-3-2015 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

When wars and conflict are being connived and orchestrated in the East, as in Ukraine and continually slagging off Russia, over energy deals between China and the Russian Federation, precisely because huge deals like this threaten to upset the apple cart of Oil corporation hegemony, it is time to stop thinking about profit, and more about self preservation instead.

There's no point in having trillions in profits if everything is destroyed, the people, the economic infrastructure, the entire world as we know it could be gone if oil wars are allowed to continue. It's a very dangerous game these people are playing and it could literally destroy everything our species has achieved up until now.

The time is right to forget money, and think sensibly for a change.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Im with you there buddy, but sadly its not me you need to convince. IMHO the time has been right since the turn of the millennium yet TPTBs stranglehold has only tightened regrading control of our masses.

Thinking sensibly has never been synonymous with our system of control simply because this would promote equality, and "they" can't have that now can they? Divide and conquer is how these bastards operate.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I'm a little skeptical of articles like this, saying things like "discovered 25 years ago but was cold-shouldered by mainstream physicists"... It gives the impression that the entire notion was dismissed as theoretically impossible by arrogant science, when in actual fact several scientific collaborations accepted it, attempted to replicate it given the specifications of the original test, and failed to duplicate the results.

The reality is that this could not be accomplished again after numerous tests of the methodology, and even the US government couldn't replicate the results and disbanded their own funded research as a result.

No one has yet seen this work, proven under lab conditions, despite those in this paper claiming that several versions of a small cold-fusion reactor are being developed.

It seems to me that this could be nothing more than wishful thinking, and perhaps a nice story to sell subscriptions.

I fully believe that cold-fusion is possible, but I find it very hard to believe that it's been done. If it had been done and someone had actually succeeded in creating a prototype system that actually works, there would presumably already be a patent on it and a deal with the US gov.

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The technology will never be allowed to come to fruition while our societies follow an oil based economy simply because there is far to much profit to be had.

But you're basing this opinion on the notion that there is no competition.
There is competition, and there are plenty of governments who would love to develop something like this for military use. Something like this would give a government a massive advantage, just as Nuclear energy did.

If we are to believe that this would never happen because of Oil, how do we explain solar power? Wind power? Tidal? Nuclear? All of these things were a "threat" to oil dominance, and yet somehow they still happened.

They happened because governments and people do not generally collaborate in any oil-based conspiracy. No government would pass up the opportunity to be able to create cheap and cleaner energy even with and economy primarily based on fossil fuels. The benefits far outweigh the losses.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

There lies the problem any government including our own would attempt to exploit such technology for military applications. This type of technology opens up a whole new can of worms with regards to our destructive nature. Possibly end up destroying whats left of our planet should that particular Jinn get out of the bottle.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

There lies the problem any government including our own would attempt to exploit such technology for military applications. This type of technology opens up a whole new can of worms with regards to our destructive nature. Possibly end up destroying whats left of our planet should that particular Jinn get out of the bottle.

But the same can be said of Nuclear energy too. Should we stick with that equally destructive power and continue to create masses of waste at massive cost? The risks are already here, developing a cleaner and more affordable and abundant form of energy production is still viable.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
big claims need big evidence lets see some demonstrations

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
There is no such thing as cold fusion. Neither is there such a thing as cold fire.

Actually, there are plenty of things that burn with a flame cold enough to handle......

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

What a depressing outlook and it does fly in the face of established facts. Most of the things we take for granted today came about as a result of Military research and application.

Here are just a few from the past century or so -

1. Microwave ovens
  2. The internet
  3. Electronics
  4. The Jet Engine
  5. Modern medicine owes a great deal to warfare.
  6. Space flight and all that comes with it - Communications, GPS, mapping etc
  7. Materials research - wide ranging topic here.
  8. Nuclear power
  9. Lasers and all that brings
  10. Radio development

edit on 14/3/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah like rust they just don't produce alot of energy. Heat is energy or excess energy. Since there is no process to collect 100 percent of energy. If there was wouldn't need fusion for one. Than we can't have cold fusion any and all fusion reactions will produce heat.To believe the government is hiding cold fusion is silly. For one scientists involved all over the world are not going to help a particular government hide it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Hardly my fault that Humanity's outlook is depressing, i simply call it how i see it im afraid.

As you seem to have pointed out the sad fact is that an alarming number of commercial and industrial applications have come about due military research. Thing about this type of technology is it will give us the capability for destruction on an even larger scale. End of the day the established facts speak for themselves. We will utilize the technology to build energy weapons and other assorted WMDs long before we incorporate it towards peaceful purposes.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Or.....

A limitless supply of really cheap energy might actually curtail much of the worlds conflicts? Think about it, with virtually free energy, it could solve hunger, water shortages and conflicts over Oil just for starters, not to mention the development opportunities it would bring to the Billions around the world who don't enjoy the "western" standard of living.

I guess I'm a glass half full kind of guy, while you just lob the glass out the window at a passing child......

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Cold fusion may very well be real but then again so were Dinosaurs. The technology will never be allowed to come to fruition while our societies follow an oil based economy simply because there is far to much profit to be had.

People start producing their own energy then whole social paradigm changes for ever. "They" cannot allow that to happen.

Nonsense. Every time a significant change in technology has happened, it has opened up vast new areas for wealth acquisition. People are not going to be building cold fusion machines in their garages. They'll have to buy them from somebody and get hooked into the grid, which means sales and taxes. So all the oil companies will manufacture the machines and the battery companies and the electric car companies, and other companies will continue to fill out homes with electronic gadgets.

Oil companies are desperately looking for ways to move on past oil. They're aching for cold fusion or something like it to be developed.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Fusing nuclei requires and releases enormous amounts of energy.

Theres nothing "cold" about it.

The term is meant to imply there is some secret technology where fusion occurs at much lower (colder) than fusion temperatures that makes practical applications of power generation feasible.

Nuke in a jar? Millions of degrees containment?

Not in my backyard…

How stuff works

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The usual names and faces, I see. Lots of talk but never an independent demonstration. I won't hold my breath.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join