It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Big Bang God slowing down from Infinite velocity ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When I was in school we studied about velocities, somewhere probably in 7th or 8th grade. I remember I enjoyed the speed of light lesson. Thinking wow very fast indeed. Now in studies about the Bible, there is a passage that says God is everywhere. The only way i could discern that was through infinite velocity. My science teacher said that meant to be everywhere at every single point in space at the same time. But this would be a problem for humans and others in that experiencing the material plane would not be much fun. Because if we were just energy it would be difficult to touch the keyboard I'm typing on. So I propose that God slowed Him/Her Self down so we could have matter, so we could enjoy and learn from a world we could interact with. To me the Big Bang was the energy expended to slow down to light speed, putting on the brakes from Infinite velocity.
Sorry I have no links or sources, simply was curious if I was alone in this thought.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Your teacher was right. From the perspective of the biblical teachings, God is everywhere because He is everything and since he is everything he can be everywhere any time.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Your teacher was right. From the perspective of the biblical teachings, God is everywhere because He is everything and since he is everything he can be everywhere any time.

1) This was the view of God as invented by the Stoics.
2) The GOD of the Hebrew Bible doesn't know the future perfectly.
3) Quantum Equation Suggests The Big Bang Never Occurred.

A new quantum equation developed by Ahmed Farag Ali and Saurya Das, from the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada, shows it to be possible that the universe has no beginning, or end, and is in fact eternal.

21stcenturywire.com...

phys.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wouldn't that have been more of a Big Screech?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
are you looking for an actual answer here? because technically speaking, not one person on this earth can tell you for a fact the answer is yes or no. we dont have that information and we are not sure its even available. sorry.
edit on 13-3-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

Wouldn't that have been more of a Big Screech?

Yes, it would have been.

The Big Bang, as currently described, could not have produced the universe as we see it today. At three seconds, the time the theorists claim the universe started operating as we know it, it would have come under the influence of its own gravity and unable to reach an escape velocity exceeding that of light, would have collapsed back into itself.

The "Bangers" got around this paradox with the theory that when the universe was created, it had no mass at all. Therefore, so the theory goes, there was no gravity and no reason the the bang matter (or "batter") not to escape the bang into the universe. Then, after the matter was conveniently far away from the singularity, it interacted with a particle named the Higgs Boson. Like the two tubes that come with epoxy, the Higgs Boson blended with the massless "batter" and produced normal matter with mass. How all the matter in the universe knew just when to mix the tubes together is still open to speculation, but usually the proponents of this theory start whispering about God under their breath at this point.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

How all the matter in the universe knew just when to mix the tubes together is still open to speculation, but usually the proponents of this theory start whispering about God under their breath at this point.

Why do some people find it so hard to say "I don't know"?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Going full circle with creation and religion The big bang theory(cosmic egg) was thought up by the priest/scientist Georges Lemaître

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

Why do some people find it so hard to say "I don't know"?

Their fragile egos won't allow it.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Frandawg143

The biggest folly you will ever make is in trying to link science and the bible. Seriously.

I mean, there are connections in there. But what we call "science" today was, in biblical and pre-biblical times, the most valuable knowledge in the world. So valuable that entire schools of thought were dedicated to studying the science, and keeping knowledge of it protected. We call these schools of thought "The Mysteries", which include the Masons and the Rosicrucians as the better known examples.

That said, "God is everywhere" has nothing to do with the speed of light. The intention is that "God is everywhere because reality is God". He is the screen the movie of reality is displayed on. The pixels of light that portray us. The sound the issue from the speakers.

He is the breath on which the sum of reality is carried.

And he is utterly indifferent to individuals in the same way you are indifferent to the flora residing in your abdomen. Because life is merely a facet of reality, not the whole of reality.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Well to start off right, matter is not energy, matter is not made of energy. Our current theories of fundamental physics General Relativity, Electroweak, Quantum Chromodynamics explain that existence is made up of fields, how these fields interact and relate to each other. The master unified field.

Matter fields are those with spin-1/2, and matter particles fermions, electron, quark, are excitations of these fields. The spin-1/2 means that these partciles obey the Pauli Exclusion Principle and this gives us the first level of solidity. In the atom we see mostly empty space it is given structure by the electron shells surrounding the nucleus.

The Force or "Gauge" fields are those with integer spin, and gauge particles bosons, photons, gluons, gravitons are the excitations of the these fields. They obey Bose-Einstein statistics, and can overlap freely.

Combining the two particle types "matter and gauge" gives us this familiar level of solidity. Photons interacting with electrons give rise to the electromagnetic interactions that create the solidity of our everyday experience.
The reason your hands don't pass through your keyboard is not because they are "solid" (your hands are essentially empty space) it's because of electromagnetic interactions!

So what is this energy? Energy is the accounting system, reflecting conservation of excitations between these fields. Energy is simply a quantification of the field excitations.. not what stuff is made of.

My question to you. What mechanism is a creator being using to effect field excitations? Are you thinking this god is a graviton?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

All I can Say is wow. The info yourself and others have given me brings lots of thought. Thank You so very much.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

The reason your hands don't pass through your keyboard is not because they are "solid" (your hands are essentially empty space) it's because of electromagnetic interactions!

Now what if you have the ability to manipulate this "electromagnetic interactions", what would that make you?

[Jhn 20:26 KJV] 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [then] came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frandawg143

All I can Say is wow. The info yourself and others have given me brings lots of thought. Thank You so very much.

This is off topic, but reading your reply
prompted me to share what is on my
mind (it may, or may not relate).

We see the world we want to see.

We see injustice and we inflict injustice.
We do to others, the very thing we hate done to us, why?
Because, all we know is what we see. We are repeaters
who walk about in a SLEEP state unaware of our power
and unaware of WHO WE ARE.

Few exercise their will power to create a world
that they do not see, a world of peace and harmony.
Few exercise the POWER of their WILL period.

We attract to ourselves, that which we think about.
Few exercise their will to think about anything other
then their most base nature. Like animals who lack
self-awareness, we seek pleasure as we avoid pain.
We sin, not against not against God, but against
ourselves and those around us.

The world is full of FEAR and ATTACK
What we see is FEAR and ATTACK
What do we do? We feel FEAR
and in our FEAR, we ATTACK.

How can people so unaware of themselves look at the
Universe and see the handwork of GOD? The don't see
it in each other, why would they see it in Nature?

The Universe gives you what you ask for, and what
you believe is made manifest by your will power,
even if you don't know it.

Look for God and you will find him, if you seek
with all your heart.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The biggest folly you will ever make is in trying to link science and the bible. Seriously.

I mean, there are connections in there. But what we call "science" today was, in biblical and pre-biblical times, the most valuable knowledge in the world. So valuable that entire schools of thought were dedicated to studying the science, and keeping knowledge of it protected. We call these schools of thought "The Mysteries", which include the Masons and the Rosicrucians as the better known examples.

That said, "God is everywhere" has nothing to do with the speed of light. The intention is that "God is everywhere because reality is God". He is the screen the movie of reality is displayed on. The pixels of light that portray us. The sound the issue from the speakers.

He is the breath on which the sum of reality is carried.

And he is utterly indifferent to individuals in the same way you are indifferent to the flora residing in your abdomen. Because life is merely a facet of reality, not the whole of reality.

I agree. The Bible is a false authority.
Therefore, most ideas about God based this false authority.
However, that doesn't mean EVERY idea of God is flawed or misguided.

You said, God "is utterly indifferent to individuals
in the same way you are indifferent to the flora
residing in your abdomen. "

I believe God values those things which have value,
but human beings, on the other hand, seem to
place value on the valueless. We need God
(or a better idea of God). We need to drop
ANY and ALL of our beliefs about God which
are based in FEAR and false authority.

Perhaps you see "God" as the Supreme Meme,
and nothing more. That's okay, I think that way
too at times.... but let us agree on this: we need
an ETHICAL God more than we need a MORAL God.

I would agree that God is utterly indifferent to
what human being do with their sexuality. He
(or She) doesn't care who (or how) we F*CK.
Monotheism, however, has much genital anxiety.
Religion is rooted in a FEAR of sex, as I see it.
And so certain behavior(s) get labeled "sinful."
But ask yourself, Does God care how you find
sexual pleasure? The answer is no, God does
not care. That is the concern of man and
the religion (idea of God) man has created.

This is another reason we would all be well
severed to be rid of the false authority of
the Bible or other holy book or scripture.

Every sermon people hear in monotheism
is the same: "Sin, sin, sin, God is Light,
I will show you the Light." This is crasy
talk. It is what that woman said the
other day before she killed her child.

Religion kills babies!

Yes, I said it.

Religion gives us "moral" false authority.
Science give us knowledge and understanding.
Government give us "money" (an other false authority).
Money and morality effect science, and corrupt it
just like it corrupts religion, only a lot less.

edit on 19-3-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wow Not the only one who thinks that there is a lot more to this experience than can be touched. I am very thankful that the universe was created or is being created for us to be part of. And yes I do not understand people who take like so "well you gives a @#$%" or maybe just maybe somewhere inside the spirit knows this is just a small part of whole shebang.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Was not trying to link science and Bible . I do believe there is a lot more to all of this than can be explained in a flesh beings terms. And yes i do agree religion (universal) being man made has some good and some way over the top.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish
Just one question to you on getting smaller and smaller. Why can there not be bigger and bigger. Atoms and there parts are so small we must use science to see them. Then maybe we need something else to see the bigger, larger parts that are out there. And maybe one part is so big it can only be felt.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2
I can and do interact with the electromagnetic actions and when I cease to exist in flesh and the quantum energy is released back into the whole, that then makes me start then next journey of when I will be rearranged again, and maybe a animal or plant or who knows.

new topics

top topics

join