It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Benefits From The Good Plant Cannabis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Picture Perfect Post!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've posted a thread about my experience with cannabis and treating a skin disease that doctors tell me they can not do anything about. While it wasn't cancer, my quality of life has been vastly improved. I was facing a debilitating future full of pain that would have gotten progressively worse. All the treatments from doctors failed me, as did other alternatives that I tried.

Now I use a plant and I have hope for myself and my children (who have likely inherited the condition, though it won't manifest till puberty). I am still amazed that THIS is what helps me and that it is so very effective at healing my body.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All the convincing I need to know that this said plant is beneficial. ..

Look how hard the establishment has bashed and restricted it's very natural uses.

That's not shady? Hellooooooo. .. if it's good for us, they don't want it circulating, hence alcohol and tobacco/harmful chemicals CAN BE circulated.

Marijuana is a THREAT to current establishment. If they want to remain controlling society and policing.. they have to limit anything that could threaten.

Marijuana threatens corporations that use YOU. These corporations wills not let you have something if it you can; benefit health, grow yourself for maximum yield, profit off of without insurance or tax, or trade/barter amongst each other

it's NOT about its health issues. Look at tobacco and big pharmacy, two biggest killers known to mankind.

It's about control. Wake the f up

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
All the convincing I need to know that this said plant is beneficial. ..

Look how hard the establishment has bashed and restricted it's very natural uses.

That's not shady? Hellooooooo. .. if it's good for us, they don't want it circulating, hence alcohol and tobacco/harmful chemicals CAN BE circulated.

Marijuana is a THREAT to current establishment. If they want to remain controlling society and policing.. they have to limit anything that could threaten.

Marijuana threatens corporations that use YOU. These corporations wills not let you have something if it you can; benefit health, grow yourself for maximum yield, profit off of without insurance or tax, or trade/barter amongst each other

it's NOT about its health issues. Look at tobacco and big pharmacy, two biggest killers known to mankind.

It's about control. Wake the f up

That sums it up about right

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If I smoke a joint in my back garden at night when kids are fast asleep not bothering anyone just reading random crap online in the eyes of the law I'm deemed a criminal and should be arrested.......

Yeah if I was a drinker causing all sort of # yeah there's a good chance I'll be arrested but let out next day to do it all over again and that's deemed normal.......

Yet to use this plant which don't cause me to start fights, have 1 night stands, break stuff, be sick everywhere totally forget the night before and piss my trousers (pants) my government thinks I'm a bad person for that and I should use the devils poison drink.....

So I sticky middle finger up to my governmen for being out dated old farts with no idea of 'life'

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cancerslug

at no point has smoking helped with my asthma. in fact the opposite happens. after smoking my airways tighten up and it becomes hard to breath. i don't smoke much at all any more because i have to use an inhaler after. inhaling smoke of any kind is bad in the long run.

That`s why I said you should avoid smoking it
Though it`s wierd it didn`t help you after 20 mins when the effect is in place. If I were you I`d try with a cookie but not too strong one. Also avoid strong indica plants because unless you are used to it, it can give you too much buzz instead of calmness it should be giving you for your system to relax....like said, use it wisely...get to know the particular plant and its effects before using it. Not all are the same.

if we were 100% honest about why we would want pot legal, i'm sure more people would be behind the legalize movement. here is real reasons i think it should be legal. 1. people tend not to get violent when high. every bar i have been to has fights. the stoner concerts i go to don't have fight (unless the person is drunk). 2. when you get drunk and go to the store you just buy more booze and put every one in danger when your driving. getting high and going to the store you just drive a little slower and you fill your cart up with a bunch of crap you don't need. which helps the economy. i went to the store once very high, just to get toothpaste. ended up spending about $200 dollars and did not even get the toothpaste. i would say a good part of walmart purchases are pot related. once again good for the economy. 3. the biggest honest reason, what i do in my home is no one's business but mine.

You are absolutely spot on
Only thing I would do, if in power, is for people using it regulary, they`d have to earn drivers licence when stoned. If this is not an option, it should be the same as for alcohol. You shouldn`t drive when stoned. Period.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This Thread deserves a thousand flags.

Also, It can be used to kick a tobacco habbit. Tabacco + Cannabis has plenty of positive effects but it also has negative effects in General.

Tho these scenarios are rare, in some cases. Pancreas problems can come from smoking just about anything. The difference between Cannabis and many other drugs is made plainly clear.

Cannabis can be smoked for quite some time with few life threatening disease risks which would only effect a small population.

Unlike other forms of pain medication and treatment. Cannabis can be both consumed orally or through smoking.

Smoking it would channel it more directly to the nervous system, which is why it helps things like epilepsy or parkinsons disease.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In some rare cases where smoking is not an option, Consuming dried or fresh cannabis can aid in treating multipul ilnesses.

The difference is that smoking as mentioned effects the nervous system, Which in turn effects the endocanabanoid system which causes the cancer fighting properties tho these properties can be met with other illnesses by simple oral consumption ( Physically eating the plant) Which Instead Effects the blood stream.

Smoking which channels to the nervous system has nearly instant results, The effects lasts minorly 30 minutes-2 hours.

Eating however which channels to the blood stream takes 30 minutes to an hour to take full effect. But unlike smoking lasts 2-6 hours granting longer overall pain relief. A combination of multi-strains can treat a verity of alements. Cannabis itself can be used almost as varied as pharmasuticle pills themselves. All of these factors are why Cannabis is able to treat so many symptoms ect because as mentioned. One simply cannot smoke pain-killers from the pharmacy.

I don't think there is one recommended drug they synthesize they recommend to be smoked that won't seriously injure or kill someone. Their route, by logic is Injecting straight into the blood stream. Which actually misses the Liver and bypasses all the cleaning organs completely. Should any of these injected substances become tainted it would mean serious trouble luckily medical has harsh regulations to prevent such a thing.

There is more cannabinoids than simply THC and CBD, The others once isolated would be bred to increase the potency of these unknown cannabinoids increasing the spectrum of treatment further. Cannabis is not simply THC or CBD and pas hundreds of cannabinoids. Once this research ball gets dropped and rolling. it may even be possible to almost every disease on this planet simply with a genus of 10,000 genetically modified or rather selective breeding along with genetic modification in order to Isolate these other cannabinoids further, Allowing Organic forms of the new strains to be bred into perfection.

However it is not for everyone, a plant is still a plant and some people are allergic to it, only a very small minority, or it may be the cannabis is having an effect on diseases/ilnesses that would otherwise be undetectable without the plant being in the system which may cause allergies for some. But as far as i know there are people with legit allergies to the plant.

The nutritional side of things, Aside from simple treatment increase the volume of treatable conditions even further. It may even be used to suppliment vitamines, as many parts of the plant can be used for many types of nutrients.

It's important to note that the Oil from the plant has been used in most cases to effectively treat diseases that would otherwise be life threatening. CBD Oil in particular, which has no psychoative impact ( Does not get a person high) and focuses mainly on physical attributes of getting better.

For those who live in areas around the world where Cannabis is Legal, For the time being. THC provides pain relief, Where as CBD Tackles problems head on.

I'm not a doctor but this is just from what i'v read and learned about the plant.
I am hoping Canada will step more in the direction oh the U.S and allow recreational MJ as well as growing personal plants so that prices in CBD oil can drop, as well as the chance to directly grow CBD plants without the monopoly that is occuring here right now sadly.

Many people are not getting the treatment they need in Canada. Because Canada has made growing cannabis a challenge. Canada ONLY cares about money. And Would prefer if home growers ceased to exist so that major phamacy companies can produce it and sell it at a premium. I am hoping my government ( Steven Harper and friends) Can fix this problem by making it recreational. To allow those hoops that have locked down medical grower programs multipul times.

Lots of people still grow here despite the Tyrany that is occuring. I am glad the U.S is no longer waiting on Canada to move ahead. Rather, the U.S is leading the way and Canada is struggling behind.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

A Reduced Risk Of Bladder Cancer In Men

Ok someone needs to ask...Who the hell decided to determine a pot association with bladder cancer...

I hope you all know the old saying, correlation does not lead to causation, and in this case I can shoot holes every which way in this.

This is a classic example of someone looking for any correlation and then picking the causation... picking with throwing a dart...

Maybe the reduction in bladder cancer is caused by the munchies, or...a million other things...lol

edit on 13-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
This Thread deserves a thousand flags.

Also, It can be used to kick a tobacco habbit. Tabacco + Cannabis has plenty of positive effects but it also has negative effects in General.

Like cancer and Hypoxemia...hehe... enough said for "bad"

edit on 13-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Going to grab that beer?

STOP

grab some weed instead (if legal in your country)

There, I just reduced harm, and your liver will thank me for it.

More good benefits!

edit on 13 3 15 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

edit on 13 3 15 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

A Reduced Risk Of Bladder Cancer In Men

Ok someone needs to ask...Who the hell decided to determine a pot association with bladder cancer...

I hope you all know the old saying, correlation does not lead to causation, and in this case I can shoot holes every which way in this.

This is a classic example of someone looking for any correlation and then picking the causation... picking with throwing a dart...

Maybe the reduction in bladder cancer is caused by the munchies, or...a million other things...lol

Try looking into the hundreds (if not thousands by now) peer-reviewed clinical studies that prove a direct link between cannabis and the prevention/curing of certain cancers.

I'd go to the trouble of posting links for you, but I figure you can do the research yourself if you're at all really interested in the topic...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

they`d have to earn drivers licence when stoned.

Been there, done that and they didn't even give me a t-shirt, just a crappy plastic license like everybody else.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Marijuana seems to exert a normalizing effect throughout the
entire body. It seems to interrupt obsessive thoughts. The
main drawback seems to come from the smoking of it as
smoking anything appears to be bad for the lungs.

Smoking, however is the most effective route of delivery.
I don't think the solution is vaporizing hash oil through
a pipe or eating it. The best delivery might come from
atomizing it in an inhaler like an asthma medication. This
would provide a way to get the benefits without the heat
and pollution. I think drug companies would make a fortune
if they offered this.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Nuff said.

If cannabis kills cancer cells then how come Bob Marley isn't still alive?

Typical BS from stoners, it gets a little boring listening to all their propaganda. If you guys wanna smoke this stuff just get on with it. Then when you start with the paranoia and various other side effects, such as lung cancer, the rest of us can laugh at you for being complete idiots.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d
cookies and other edibles takes 4 to 6 hours to kick in for me. and i find smoking hash out of a vape pen the best route for me. as for drivers license i took my driving test as a teen high. passed with flying colors. i have only known one person to get a dui from pot. he was a moron that kept back talking the cop till he went to jail. yet i think i have less then 5 friends that don't have a dui from booze. and i have a lot of friends. that says a lot about the difference between alcohol and pot.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Still if you smoke anything it is bad for you. All those free radicals and burning chemicals will damage your body.
However eating hash will not have any of those negative effects, it is by far the healthiest option to eat it, especially if you are using it as a medicine.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I recently watched a documentary about this wonder plant. I recommend it to all, its on NetFlix now...

It connects quite a few topics beyond marijuana. Some of those being race, the business of prisons, and the police state.

www.youtube.com...

Its called The Culture High...
edit on 13-3-2015 by Cosmocow because: movie name inserted

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cancerslug
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d
at no point has smoking helped with my asthma. in fact the opposite happens. after smoking my airways tighten up and it becomes hard to breath. i don't smoke much at all any more because i have to use an inhaler after. inhaling smoke of any kind is bad in the long run. if we were 100% honest about why we would want pot legal, i'm sure more people would be behind the legalize movement. here is real reasons i think it should be legal. 1. people tend not to get violent when high. every bar i have been to has fights. the stoner concerts i go to don't have fight (unless the person is drunk). 2. when you get drunk and go to the store you just buy more booze and put every one in danger when your driving. getting high and going to the store you just drive a little slower and you fill your cart up with a bunch of crap you don't need. which helps the economy. i went to the store once very high, just to get toothpaste. ended up spending about $200 dollars and did not even get the toothpaste. i would say a good part of walmart purchases are pot related. once again good for the economy. 3. the biggest honest reason, what i do in my home is no one's business but mine.

It helps me with my astma so clearly this is different per individual and should not be dismissed (nor accepted) because of one case where it doesn't (or does) help.

The science behind it would be that the cannabis smoke/vapor (perhaps even edibles) help expand the "holes" (excuse the lack of proper terminology, not a native english speaker) on the lungs thus reducing the "clogging" effect that would occur with tobacco smoke, and allowing easier breathing, or something along those lines

Heck I'm not a doctor but I don't think I need to be one to know when something works for me. Makes me think of that meme, with mcdonalds on top and weed below and a quote "if you think this (weed) is bad for you and this (mcdonalds) is not, then YOU're part of the problem", when I eat mcdo my body hates me, I can tell, days afterwards I'm still struggling with that garbage (at least last time I ate it which is some time ago now), but where I live (Europe) people go mad over goddamn fastfood but don't dare mention you smoke weed... Insanity!

I can only hope the US paves the way to global legalisation, for once could we as a species focus on progress and doing good, helping people without purely selfish motives? At least then when we argue religion perhaps everyone can take things a bit less serious too lol

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: JAY1980

Nuff said.

If cannabis kills cancer cells then how come Bob Marley isn't still alive?

Typical BS from stoners, it gets a little boring listening to all their propaganda. If you guys wanna smoke this stuff just get on with it. Then when you start with the paranoia and various other side effects, such as lung cancer, the rest of us can laugh at you for being complete idiots.

You're quite silly, I'll address your argument from ignorance in a way it hopefully makes sense to someone who clearly doesn't know the first thing about cannabis:

Dear Bob didn't just die of any cancer, he died of a rare skin cancer. Did he smoke enormous amounts of cannabis throughout his life? Undoubtedly!

However, likely unknown by you; there exist many thousands of strains of cannabis, all made up of a different set of components, among the most important being cannabinoids, of which some 100 different kinds have been identified, THC and CBD being the two most known, and most applied.

What does this mumbo jumbo all mean you might ask me now? Well dear Bob would have to have been one lucky sob to both be a reggae legend AND be smoking the specific strain that would help his body target the specific cancer cells and make them turn self-destructive

HOWEVER, recent research has without a single doubt proven that certain strains can turn certain cells self-destructive thus effectively killing cancer cells

Is this image completely honest? Nope, but the only reason it's not is because no government in the world has been either regarding cannabis and it's medical uses. If research were allowed decades ago, who knows what cancers we could have cured by now?

But no, you go rant some more about how all potheads use it for fun. It actually saved my life, so come back at me any time you like, I'll answer all your questions buddy

(oh and welcome to 2015, we vape weed now, but I guess you need to use smoking because otherwise you're all out of arguments, duh. And paranoia comes from the lack of CBD in past strains which focused on getting the user as high as possible, where a BALANCE of cannabinoids removes side effects, also proven, read some Israeli studies before pretending you know stuff)
edit on 13-3-2015 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2015 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
The best delivery might come from
atomizing it in an inhaler like an asthma medication. This
would provide a way to get the benefits without the heat
and pollution. I think drug companies would make a fortune
if they offered this.

Look up Sativex.

www.gwpharm.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>