It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecstasy legal in Ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The Court of Appeal in Ireland rules possession of ecstasy and other psychoactive drugs legal.

As liberal a country as we are, we were the first in the world to ban smoking in the workplace, this is way over the top.
Probably only for the next 24 hours following an appeal in a court case.

Possession of ecstasy, magic mushrooms, so called head shop drugs and other new psychoactive drugs is legal for the next 24 hours following a decision by the Court of Appeal today.
The sale, supply or importation of such drugs is still illegal and the Government is introducing legislation over the next 24 hours to deal with the situation.
The outcome of this case does not affect existing laws regarding the supply, possession or sale of older drugs such as heroin, coc aine or cannabis. Today's case dealt with the powers of the Government to control substances which are harmful to human health under Section 2 (2) of the Act of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977.
A spokesman for the Department of Health has said that existing convictions stand and that the only convictions affected are those currently in train.
Minister for Health Leo Varadkar earlier said each case would be looked at individually and that that is a matter for the Director of Public Prosecutions.
He said an appeal was under consideration by the Governme

LINK
So there wont be any mad raves with people popping pills freely anytime soon.

Still, for a day ecstasy is legal in Ireland.

I'll try and find the relevant court case

MODS: i tried posting this in breaking alternative news but i couldnt find the 'post' button
edit on 10/3/15 by SecretKnowledge because: entered last line for the mods

edit on 10/3/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

If ecstasy was legal in Ireland my ancestors never woulda left.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
What's the big deal? Thousands die of alcohol, and there'd be much less fighting if more people were MDMA'd up.
Good decision if you ask me, but hey, I was a 90's raver.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For some reason I'm feeling the urge to make a Leprechaun joke, you know the magical "little people" sometimes seen?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Even if it remained legal permanently, it wouldn't make life as a dealer any easier. The IRA hates drug dealers and they have a nasty habit of knee capping or straight up killing those they can't persuade into stopping their sales.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Thats in Northern Ireland.

This is in the Republic of Ireland and the 'RA dont kneecap or murder dealers down south.
Much and all as i'd like them to...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
For some reason I'm feeling the urge to make a Leprechaun joke, you know the magical "little people" sometimes seen?

Go on, give us one.

Im all up for a little green man joke

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Good

Sure they may be handful of deaths but Hopefully it will stop the influx of "legal" highs that are far far far more dangerous even if it is for a day

edit on 10-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They could settle wars with this If only they will imagine the worlds leaders on pills then imagine the morning after,wars causing disaster Don't talk to me I don't know ya, but this ain't tomorrow And for now I still love ya
Mike Skinner

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Psynic
What's the big deal? Thousands die of alcohol, and there'd be much less fighting if more people were MDMA'd up.
Good decision if you ask me, but hey, I was a 90's raver.

Me too, although i was more of a clubber.

Obviously there are less deaths from ecstasy but it will never be legal to sell it. Its a powerful psychoactive and extremely mind altering. For a government to legalise a drug that powerful would set a dangerous precedant

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Good

Sure they may be handful of deaths but Hopefully it will stop the influx of "legal" highs that are far far far more dangerous even if it is for a day

Alcohol and tobacco are legal and are the two biggest killers.

They will never be made illegal due to the tax take.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As someone who dabbles in DJ'ing electronic music (house/trance/ect) -- I know where all the big named DJs will be playing (along with Ibiza) now...

Sennheiser is an Irish company, they make some of the best headphones for DJing out there -- I know I love my HD-25 II's. When I saw "Made in Ireland" on them, I was a little more than surprised, as I've never owned anything made from there before.

One thing I'll say about the Irish -- they make awesome headphones.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Even if it remained legal permanently, it wouldn't make life as a dealer any easier. The IRA hates drug dealers and they have a nasty habit of knee capping or straight up killing those they can't persuade into stopping their sales.

The IRA scumbags are the drug dealers...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
As someone who dabbles in DJ'ing electronic music (house/trance/ect) -- I know where all the big named DJs will be playing (along with Ibiza) now...

Sennheiser is an Irish company, they make some of the best headphones for DJing out there -- I know I love my HD-25 II's. When I saw "Made in Ireland" on them, I was a little more than surprised, as I've never owned anything made from there before.

One thing I'll say about the Irish -- they make awesome headphones.

Do you have a soundcloud page?

Or anywhere you have a mix maybe?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sort of with you there, but to be honest I forget it's actually illegal the amount of it I still see quite openly in festivals, dance parties and the like in my part of the world. I've had many a cop tell me over the years they don't really give a toss about MDMA use, just public order, and they all prefer to police an event where most people are on MDMA than coke'd up/amphet and drinking alcohol. Much less violence, much less.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is good news. Ecstasy isn't bad for you. SHHHH! Don't let the drug czars hear me say that though.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Thats in Northern Ireland.

This is in the Republic of Ireland and the 'RA dont kneecap or murder dealers down south.
Much and all as i'd like them to...

You're right. My mistake. I was thinking northern Ireland for some reason. Not enough caffeine in my system apparently.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not anymore, I actually put my mixer away not to long ago because I haven't had time to use it.

I never cared for Soundcloud...Ideally I'd get my own domain and hosting for something like that.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Both sides of the border...the IRA control the Irish drugs trade

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

If ecstasy was legal in Ireland my ancestors never woulda left.

Plus you'd have quite a bit more family I would guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join