It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Officials Were Barred From Using The Term 'Climate Change' Once Rick Scott Took Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Officials responsible for making sure Florida is prepared to respond to the earth's changing climate are barred from using the terms "global warming" and "climate change" in official communications, emails and reports, according to new findings from the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting.

"We were told that we were not allowed to discuss anything that was not a true fact," said Kristina Trotta, a former Florida Department of Environmental Protection employee.

Another former employee added, "We were dealing with the effects and economic impact of climate change, and yet we can't reference it."

Climate change is a major problem for Florida. Last year, the National Climate Assessment named Miami as one of the cities in the United States most vulnerable to damage from rising sea levels. A Southeast Florida Regional Climate Compact paper has also warned that water in the area could rise by as much as 2 feet by the year 2060.

But the state's governor, Republican Rick Scott, has frustrated scientists by downplaying the problem.
Last year, a reporter asked Scott whether man-made climate change "is significantly affecting the weather, the climate." Scott tried to change the subject and replied, "Well, I'm not a scientist."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

What the hell is wrong with these Mfkrs, I mean there is a point when greed and stupidity take a back seat to the future survival of one's off-springs, really Scott?? ..you are so into big oil that even talking about the change in climate is offensive to you.
An appeal to those who are conservative but not batss!!!t insane , pls for the sake of your children and grandchildren, get rid of these people.
edit on 9-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I already posted this yesterday.

It is messed up, what is even more messed up is how many either do not care or believe that the governor is looking out for the people of Florida.

In Florida, officials ban term 'climate change'

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So much for free speech, eh? Doesn't Scott's money come from the Kochs? So that explains that.

The Koch brothers have spent far more than even ExxonMobil to spread doubt and misinformation about the 97% scientific consensus on climate change in recent years — over $67 million on climate denial,

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Ironically even though this subject has been posted before it is a perfect follow-up thread for the previous thread "How to Become a Conservative in Four Embarrassing Steps"

I think 1 and 4 apply.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Sorry Rod I ran it through the search engine and came up zero..
Mods if you can pls delete post.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The deny, deny, deny tactic was used effectively by one Rick Scott when he was questioned for his role in his company's multi-billion medicare fraud case.

Apparently if you are super wealthy pleading the 5th hundreds of times is okay and NOT a sign of guilt, however if a poor person is investigated for petty theft and pleads the 5th just once then they are going to be presumed guilty.

Florida has an extremely ignorant voting population that resulted in this man being re-elected, however prior to the election Rick Scott was booed off stage in almost all of his public appearances which really makes me question if the 2014 election was fair.

Regardless how ignorant the voters are, it just baffles me that someone who literally gets booed off stage everywhere by the Florida people can somehow manage to get re-elected.
edit on 9-3-2015 by jrod because: typO gremlins

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Two words.

Absentee ballots.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Already posted.

Thread closed.

Please post your comments in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...