It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Deluding Yourself! Your Morals and Ideals have a price tag!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Humanity, is truly a saddening and disgraceful race. Stop the lies acting all right and saying your beliefs would never change, lets stop dreaming about being so righteous and down right 100% pure.

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE! in this world has a Price Tag it just depends on the currency and the amount of 0's at the end. Many religious individuals will say something silly as "I will not fall to temptation", sorry to destroy your belief you would if someone offered you something you can not resist or enough 1's & 0's you would fold like a house of cards.

Heck religion itself is based on temptation and that is the temptation of fear "Got to be afraid to donate that bling bling cha ching ching to be good and not go to hell".

If you say I won't fold for money, how about women? power? self love? material possessions? Heck! many of you sell yourself for that opportunity to be on a music label or a paper cover.

The sooner humanity admits that we all have a price tag. The sooner we can begin to understand why money is such a dangerous creation.

But hey! We can't live without money, so the system makes us evil. Right?

Nope! You make the choice and the decision to have a certain price because no one is pure.

Even I have a price. So.. What is your price to overlook their morals and ideals? How much would you ask for to take another living beings life? How much would it cost for you to commit the act of stealing?

Don't lie because there is a way to make anyone do anything for the right price!
edit on 9-3-2015 by ViciLaw because: great idea by a fellow ats member

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ViciLaw

I agree my price is around twelve pounds fifty pence.
Gotta walk to work for the next week and that would get my bus fare

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Money is only one way to get people to do things. Most people that feel they can not be paid for can be threaten by means of harming them or others around them.

Like the saying goes "its the carrot or the stick".

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

Money is only one way to get people to do things. Most people that feel they can not be paid for can be threaten by means of harming them or others around them.

Like the saying goes "its the carrot or the stick".

Exactly! That's why I am tired of people saying they can not be bought to do something

Everyone has a price

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I will remodel your house for enough ganj...

No seriously, do you ned a remodel?

All I know is milk cost $5 here and quality meat...forget about it.
I like to eat well....so I must work.

Are you asking what it would take for a person to overlook their morals and ideals?
Why don't you make it more interesting, like how much would you be a hitman for?
Or how much would it take for you to steal something?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I will remodel your house for enough ganj...

No seriously, do you ned a remodel?

All I know is milk cost $5 here and quality meat...forget about it.
I like to eat well....so I must work.

Are you asking what it would take for a person to overlook their morals and ideals?
Why don't you make it more interesting, like how much would you be a hitman for?
Or how much would it take for you to steal something?

Thanks for the advice I'll re-edit it now!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It doesn't depend on the price or number of zeros. It depends on the task.

I can sit here with 100% certainty that I would not kill someone for any price. ANY price. I don't care if I was offered all the money in the world.

If I was starving and had to feed my children, I would not murder someone. No price, no deal. Very, very rare circumstance that I could take another life and that would be due to someone posing a direct threat to my life or my kids.

Other things I would not do for a price, but could do for a good reason, like the above example, if I was starving and had kids to feed, I could steal.

So no, I have no price for murder.

I'm not a ruthless person, so it would take a lot to sway me to do something outside of my morals and that something would have to be something that didn't hurt others. A good example would be that I would never choose to be a prostitute or exotic dancer, but if the number of zeros was big enough, I could probably be tempted.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
No matter how much you have, i would not sell my corneas or kidneys.

If you have enough money you would take them by force anyways so my ideal is just an illusion

a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

If I was starving and had to feed my children, I would not murder someone.

I would probably not just kill you, in the right conditions i would eat you too

I'm a crappy human what can i say
edit on 9-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i have no such illusions. i would hand each and everyone of you to the enemy for just an average bottle of wine.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I dunno how much is the average kidney going for?.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

in some places, an ipad

geekologie.com...

I made a topic some time ago if you are interested to sell yours in south America

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
OP please dont speak for everyone. i dont have a price tag. i cant be bought, because i dont care for money. i believe money is the root of all evil. i dont want more of it. i make enough of it to survive and am completely happy.
price for killing someone? irrevelant. as for the scenario involving me starving...i would die. probably dig my own grave so i dont bother anyone.
edit on 9-3-2015 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Indigent

I dunno how much is the average kidney going for?.

As high as $15,000 to as low as $500. Depends on the person giving it up. But most likely if you buy a $500 one you'll end up with a pig one.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think that some people do have a price tag yet others do not.

There have been plenty of men and women sticking out of history who died for what they believed; Martin Luther King, Che Guevara, even Hitler. Yes, it does not have to mean even that one is moral to be so consumed with a concept that they would die for it. Extremist Islamic terrorists are denying every self survival impulse when they so called "martyr" themselves for their cause.

I have a certain morality that is not for sale. I know that corruption and crime are a fool's course of action. There is no retraction once deeds like that are done and they tend to haunt your life and hit you head on. I would say that most people will have an awareness of this and avoid criminal activity for financial gain.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

There have been plenty of men and women sticking out of history who died for what they believed; Martin Luther King, Che Guevara, even Hitler.

I don't think MLK sold out, but Che Guevara and Hitler certainly did. They sold themselves for power. The OP is saying that people don't just sell themselves for money, but also power, fame and lust.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The OP is saying that people don't just sell themselves for money, but also power, fame and lust.

Can you sell your self to pay off a debt

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We all sell ourselves every day really though don't we? we work for a living selling our skills to our employer.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money or power. They can't be bought, bullied reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ViciLaw
Stop the lies acting all right and saying your beliefs would never change, lets stop dreaming about being so righteous and down right 100% pure.... Everyone and I mean EVERYONE! in this world has a Price Tag it just depends on the currency and the amount of 0's at the end.... Don't lie because there is a way to make anyone do anything for the right price!

Some people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.

Other people not only understand the price of certain things, but the cost as well.

No price that you could ever pay me to kill someone would ever compensate the cost to me of killing someone.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

There have been plenty of men and women sticking out of history who died for what they believed; Martin Luther King, Che Guevara, even Hitler.

I don't think MLK sold out, but Che Guevara and Hitler certainly did. They sold themselves for power. The OP is saying that people don't just sell themselves for money, but also power, fame and lust.

Well that is another part of the OP that I would question. If one has power does it mean they have sold out? I see no evidence of either Che Guevara or Hitler selling their ideals for power. Their power was their ideals and their vision; they had a huge following. I agree that power can be used as a bribe.

Martin Luther King had power. He used it selflessly and humans see this as a noble thing. He could have used that power in a host of other ways. I would go some way to defending Che Guevara as also being one who had ideals and pursued them selflessly because he sincerely believed in what he was fighting for (though I detest his tactics of aggression). Malcolm X and Che Guevara don't attract the same sympathy as Martin Luther King because they are perceived as being less scrupulous than he.

As we can see there are people commenting here who admit to having a "price tag" and some who do not. The OP's argument is that we all have some kind of price tag. I do not agree with that. There are so many people who prove this not to be the case.
edit on 9-3-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

<<   2  3 >>

join