It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audiosurf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is an old game that has been around Steam for a while, but I just loaded it back on to my computer because my 4-year-old has a love affair with both "We Will Rock You" and "We Didn't Start the Fire." I got tired of watching the YouTube vids and thought he might enjoy playing his two favorite songs.

Needless to say, I've become reacquainted with some of my own old favorite tracks to Audiosurf.

For those of you who aren't familiar with what the game does, it reads your song file and generates a unique track complete with blocks you try to stack in different configurations for points. You can play with one of a variety of car types. Each lets you do different things to help you stack blocks. The track for each song lasts for the duration of the song and the speed you run depends on the tempo of the song.

When going through my playlists, some songs were sleeper hits and others were surprising duds. Anyhow I thought I'd share my favorites for anyone who might have this game or be interested. It's just a fun time killer and something different to do when you're listening to music.

Most insane: Paradise City by Guns N Roses

Most Surprising: Rio by Duran Duran

Other Fun Ones: The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails and Who Are You by The Who

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I too recently downloaded Audiosurf because it's a game I used to play a few years back, but also downloaded beat hazard, another great game which you 'play' your favourite songs, although it's a little more fast paced and intense than Audio-surf, both great games none the less

new topics

join