It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore To Iowa; O'Malley To New Hampshire; Is Hillary Fading Fast For Dems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It looks as if some Democrats are beginning to have second thoughts about Hillary's uncontested coronation in 2016.
What about you ATS...are you STILL "Ready For Hillary"?...or do you feel that 'The More The Merrier' when it comes to the Democrat primary?
Will Warren and Biden be next?

Battenfeld: Clinton email scandal may elevate former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley

If you want to know what life without Hillary looks like, drive up to a tiny coffee shop in 
Concord, N.H., tonight and look for the bland guy speaking awkwardly to a handful of curious customers.

That would be Martin O’Malley, the former governor of Maryland. Chances are you wouldn’t know him if you tripped over him, yet he could become the accidental front-runner if Hillary Clinton’s campaign continues to implode.

www.bostonherald.com...
www.bostonherald.com...

Al Gore to Iowa Amid Clinton Scandal

As reporters and members of Congress begin to dig into the Clinton email scandal, former Democratic presidential candidate has announced an upcoming visit to Iowa. He'll be in the important caucus state from May 5-7, as part of a training sessions for the Climate Reality Project, of which he's chairman.
"When it comes to politicians visiting Iowa, I don’t believe in coincidences," one experienced Republican hand says.

"Al Gore, like Hillary Clinton has spent most of his life in politics. Running for office is something that’s in his blood, and he probably thinks that the waters for a potential bid are getting a little, shall we say, warmer."

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
gore? please god no!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One can only hope. The international funding irregularities should be getting more coverage and exposure, as the illegal email practices are.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There’s nobody out there. The ex Virginia Senator Jim Webb is making noise. He’s too conservative for the dems though.
They say Barack is looking for someone like himself, a dark horse to deal with Hillary.

Hillary will win unless something strange happens

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There’s nobody out there. The ex Virginia Senator Jim Webb is making noise. He’s too conservative for the dems though.
They say Barack is looking for someone like himself, a dark horse to deal with Hillary.

i agree the dems. have no messiah this time around, and hillary is looking iffy

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It could be another "Clinton-Gore" campaign !!!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You mean like a scandal involving her using a personal email server to conceal her communications while serving as Secretary of State?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hillary should have been elected back in 2008. THAT was her time. The dems made a mistake in not putting her in, but instead putting in their 'popular push' candidate (Obama). This time around, if they don't go with Bill Richardson it'll be another mistake. Bill Richardson/Evan Bayh. Any other ticket for the dems (Like Warren, or Hillary, or (eeek) Al Gore, etc) would just be horribly wrong for the country. IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, Al Gore would be the closest thing to anti Christ. He will crush people under and untold millions will die from him pushing his carbon credit false religion of global warming. All money in the bank for him, as he is the uncrowned king of the Global carbon credit racket. The pitiful seat of POTUS pales in comparison so it would not be respected by him in the least bit.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
gore? please god no!

It was HIS TURN in 2000.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Hillary should have been elected back in 2008. THAT was her time. The dems made a mistake in not putting her in, but instead putting in their 'popular push' candidate (Obama). This time around, if they don't go with Bill Richardson it'll be another mistake. Bill Richardson/Evan Bayh. Any other ticket for the dems (Like Warren, or Hillary, or (eeek) Al Gore, etc) would just be horribly wrong for the country. IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I hate to say it, but Bayh and Richardson are too moderate. The Democrats have swerved hard left and they may be coming up on their version of a Goldwater moment only from a left perspective. The country can only hope so.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No! Don't vote for O'Malley! I had him for Governor here in Maryland and he sucked something fierce. Let's just say that Carcetti from the show the Wire is based on O'Malley.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UFGarvin

There is so much criminality in politics these days I don't think any scandal would stick for more than a day or to. As the Bittchh once said, , "What difference, at this point does it make".

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I hate to say it, but Bayh and Richardson are too moderate. The Democrats have swerved hard left and they may be coming up on their version of a Goldwater moment only from a left perspective. The country can only hope so.

They haven't swerved left enough...
the democratic and republican parties are still nearly indistinguishable. Except for guns, gays, and god...

Gee...what's in the headlines now?

Same O...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No! Don't vote for O'Malley! I had him for Governor here in Maryland and he sucked something fierce. Let's just say that Carcetti from the show the Wire is based on O'Malley.

What was wrong with him in Maryland?
The Boston Herald describes him in terms that would make him every progressive's wet dream.

O’Malley is every bit as liberal as Elizabeth Warren, but without the rock-star status. Under his leadership, Maryland legalized gay marriage, abolished the death penalty and passed new gun control laws, and of course he’s a big supporter of wind farms.

www.bostonherald.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Don't forget that rain tax ... That was Maryland wasn't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

He also raised taxes considerably and really cracked down on DMV paperwork lapse fines (ex: driving without insurance for even one day is a $150 fine and it goes up from there). I had him as mayor AND govenor, trust me, you don't want this guy. He may have done some good things (like legalize gay marriage), but that doesn't overshadow is nasty stuff. He's basically Obama-lite.

ps: I'm not a progressive...

new topics

top topics

join