It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The working class revolution in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We need to having a working class revolution in America. There are way to many jobs in this country that start at 9-10$ an hour which is no longer a living wage working full time in factory, warehousing, nursing, retail, and other service sector related industry's. The companys who own and invest into these corporations are making record profits while the middle class has been decimated. Students are being lied too, politicians are lieing about the real unemployment rate, masters and bachelor degree students are working at Target and Starbucks. We have now an entire generation with no purchasing power and one of the hardest markets ever in this country to start your own small business.

My solution to this is to start a working party similar to the Democrats Republicans and Tea Party. I would consider this a working class revolution where the goal of this part is to ensure that we no longer are taken advantage of in this employers market. To ensure that government programs are geared for entrepreneurship and enabling small business and to end unethical business practices now employed almost across the board with things like staffing agency's and other methods that have been employed to continue increasing profits for shareholders with total disregard for the workers.
edit on 3/5/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Im of the opinion that what Algos did for banking -slicing/dicing 1000s morgages and ceaselessly scalping/skimming tiny trades, can also be done for communities in terms of matching-distributing skillsets and product with regard to geographic/transport, locality and other variables. Creating many closed economies with a ring fenced currency completely locking out speculation. National currency you pay your taxes with but as a community not individuals

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
How to help working class:
Min. Wage protection; people who work full time shouldn't have to rely on gov benefits
Laws that keep money and jobs in America.
Worker negotiation rights, union membership

While I agree with your concerns, if someone believes those things they probably vote Dem. so why a new party?

But corporate interests run deep in both parties, it's hard to pass laws that in any way touch corp. profits

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

We need a revolution alright. A working class revolution, meh.

The hurdles us small businesses face are crippling and getting worse every day. What we "need" is a population of informed voters. Not a bunch of kids voting for idiots that put these policies in place thinking it's for the greater good or to be more fair.

Most folks are shocked when I tell them how much a 10 dollar per hour employee actually costs.

The new EPA clean water act is goong to kill us in the automotive industry and it doesn't do snip to "save the planet". Just another regulation to cost me mone
y. Go ahead and whine about 10 dollar an hour jobs while you ignore the BS being forced on us business owners that make it impossible to pay you more.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Yea the corporations are allowed to put way to much money into politics.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

"We have now an entire generation with no purchasing power and one of the hardest markets ever in this country to start your own small business. "

I also like your focus on small business and entrepreneurship.

"US has highest tax rate for business owners" heard that before I'm sure
But big corps pay little or no tax, and some poor roofer or plumber who doesn't have the resources to cheat the system, ends up paying " highest tax rate in the world"

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Agree

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
We need to having a working class revolution in America. There are way to many jobs in this country that start at 9-10$ an hour which is no longer a living wage working full time in factory, warehousing, nursing, retail, and other service sector related industry's. The companys who own and invest into these corporations are making record profits while the middle class has been decimated. Students are being lied too, politicians are lieing about the real unemployment rate, masters and bachelor degree students are working at Target and Starbucks. We have now an entire generation with no purchasing power and one of the hardest markets ever in this country to start your own small business.

My solution to this is to start a working party similar to the Democrats Republicans and Tea Party. I would consider this a working class revolution where the goal of this part is to ensure that we no longer are taken advantage of in this employers market. To ensure that government programs are geared for entrepreneurship and enabling small business and to end unethical business practices now employed almost across the board with things like staffing agency's and other methods that have been employed to continue increasing profits for shareholders with total disregard for the workers.

1) I totally agree with your statements concerning the need to raise wages in this country, particularly for the service type jobs you've mentioned, but also for the support jobs at Target, Walmart, Starbucks, etc., but;
2) I really believe your best bet for making changes in this area are to lobby the Democrat party, to work within the party and to be an activist within the Democrat party. I believe that for the following reasons:

a): Third party movements in the US have a terrible track record; generally speaking, US Americans are just too disengaged to care to take the time to look into third parties, and;
b): The "Tea Party; the Republican Party" are going the way of the Dodo bird. The Demographics are entirely against them and they'll be swamped by the "New" Americans, be they Millennials, Immigrants, and/or growing non-white segments of the population. As a result of this, it would be far easier for you to work within the Democrat party to forward your agenda. If nothing else, you'll find that the topic resonates soundly through the special interest groups that comprise the party faithful and you'll find there's a strong Social Justice movement in the Democrat party that will surely agree with your proposals.

I offer this in the spirit of constructive advice, not criticism, because I entirely agree with your premise.
Cheers and good luck!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Don't work for less than you feel you are worth and the wages will go up. Supply and demand take care of wages. It doesn't require a new political party or a revolution...just common sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Most large corporations should include profit sharing. At least then there is some incentive to do better at your job.

And when your yearly review is due, you have to ask and plead for a raise because so many companies are reluctant to give one. And the little increase in pay, if any, at the end of the year gets eaten up at the gas pump. It's a joke.

edit on 5-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No-one talks about all the 65-85K/year jobs that have vanished.

Would really like to concentrate on those.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sounds great until you get your first week with no food no rent money.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Good point beezer.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
"Don't work for less than you feel you are worth and the wages will go up. Supply and demand take care of wages"

That doesn't solve the original posters problem.. Every job pays 8.75, people with expensive education are working menial jobs. Do they think they're worth $8 an hour. Probably not.

Praying to the invisible hand of the market is not always a sure bet.
To the OP's point: businesses hiring through staffing agencies to avoid benefits, or classifying majority of workers par time to deny them benefits.... Will take some Legislative effort and teamwork

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Truth be told OP things need to hit rock bottom before the people really see the light......And it is coming. Anyone making under 15 dollars an hour will be screwed because of inflationary boundaries being reached. You will not be able to afford food,clothing,shelter,insurance,utilities.

This is going to happen and it will be epic. 1 year.........2 years......3 years it is coming inflation is out of control. Hopefully the American people do not pick even worse leaders like Hitler when this all falls apart. And yes this was part of a plan the people controlling the money are pretty darn smart. And before you say look they caused this they are not smart......Bigger picture.

Oh ya great thread OP.
edit on 5-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
as long as its cheaper to bribe politicians than it is to pay more for labor the trend will continue. The only thing that stops it is more automation which wont promote job growth either. it doesnt end until the 1% own all the wealth and the rest are all just poor serfs. Then the 1% start fighting among themselves and starting wars with each other for dominance using these same serfs to fight the battles.

society and mankind is on the decline. The longer it goes the faster and more brutal it becomes for those with less. Birth rates decline and population density shrinks. if mankind is around in 1000 years its spawn and bloodlines will not be from the 99%. They will all be descendants of the 1%. The same people that were responsible for the downfall of modern civilization.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
No-one talks about all the 65-85K/year jobs that have vanished.

Would really like to concentrate on those.

Good point.....I believe to be truly middle class today a family needs an income of 150,000 a year. Single would be 100,000. This is what would be needed to equal the living standard of 40 years ago for average middle class.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Not sure what the answer is to solving some problems we have in our economy, but I think you fail to see (you're not alone in this) how raising wages for "unskilled labor" doesn't help much if any. All it does is increase the costs for goods and services as any business will just pass it along to the customer. In the end, the increase in wages gets used up by increased costs for the goods and services these "unskilled laborers" need and use, so you're back where you started.

I know I'll get bashed for it, but not everyone needs a large screen TV or internets access or cable TV or a cell phone or a car or $200 sneakers and jeans or many of the items that some see as a necessity or birthright. In the past, yes, decades ago, there were people who lived modest lives and on low salaries. They didn't feel entitled to everything and yet they survived. That mindset has completely changed and now everyone feels entitled to everything and if they don't have it, they feel slighted as if some injustice has been perpetrated upon them. In some way they were conditioned to believe this thru advertising.

If you want to live in a communist society, then regulating profits is the way to go. Then those profits could be passed to employees, but that will still have the same effect on the costs of "stuff". The more money people have as a whole, the more "stuff" costs. In any form of economic system, supply and demand is what drives prices. So we would have to be a truly communistic society for your suggestion to work. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Obama's ACA is/was supposed to limit profits by insurers. Any amounts over the limits are supposed to be passed back to the insured. Let's see how that works out. Do you see that happening?
edit on 85938Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That comes with mergers.

Big companies buy little companies, founders get payouts- employees get workload increases and are thrown into a big company payroll system with lower income potential.

The big companies get bigger, and use the added profits from the acquisition to buy more small companies. This means fewer business owners and upper management who get big bucks.

Only way I've seen anyone break into "middle class" jobs (IMO 200k+ a year) is to start a business and then either be really successful, or sell out to a bigger company.
Very few "working class" people seem to be able to break 60k, because by the time you're "worth" that to a business, the business is more focused on profits for management than anything else.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Until the federal reserve is gone and the dollar is not messed up nothing will change. People blame wages........It is inflation and the dollar being messed up.

This is the root and yes the PTB are responsible.
edit on 5-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join