It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Unveils National ObamaLaw Plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You may have had a point posting in a thread that wasn't a trumped up lie.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: derfreebie

An EO to form a Task Force is NOT a law. A Task Force is NOT a law. Recommendations are NOT laws. Show me the LAW, baby.

You underestimate the power of an Executive Order per
the Administrative Procedures Act of 1933...
All EO's after a 30-day remark and amendment period:
are entered Into the Federal Register, and have the
force and effect of law. They may be rescinded
by a successor or by Congress later, but EO's after they're
shoehorned in there, they are allegedly the law of the land.
Nothing like illegal precedent, we've been living on it for
over 150 years. That pesky de jure,organic constitution is
a dead letter anyway, per the globalists. Viva the UCC!

EO's also are now ALL unconstitutional, because the Administrative
Procedures Act purportedly usurped some legislative power of
Congress to the Executive, making that underpinning law of
itself unconstitutional. Hey the house of cards is starting to
fall in on itself just by coloring book of law... and we aren't Mickey.

Unfortunately with over 300,000 revised or original de facto
statutes-- and 30,000 minimum criminal penalties attached
to them, I don't foresee a wholesale book burning too soon.
So many cash cows, so little time.

edit on 3-3-2015 by derfreebie because: This is not a recording-- unless DHS's involved

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't let it bother me. I know what my political ideals are and I know how to separate them from an argument so I can accurately analyze a situation. This always gets me labeled as the enemy by my would be allies. It would be nice if people could stop looking at things so simply. The world isn't an either or situation. Dualism is a lie.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OP, you seemed to be mentioning or requesting help with sources for your ... info.

As you can see, this is well on it's way through the mainstream media echo chamber, right-wing.

Seems that every "usual suspect" blogger has picked it up as well.

Echoes for OPs Info

I triggered on the supposed quote from Obama's December 2014 speech that introduced the Task Force.

What? December??? But, ... why are we only hearing about it now?

Well, it seems the President gave an update yesterday (March 2) on the Task Force's progress:

Link to Yesterday's Update on the Task Force

Most of the recommendations contained in the Task Force’s report are directed at the approximately 18,000 state and local law enforcement agencies spread throughout the country. These include measures to promote officer wellness and safety, including measures to equip officers with individual tactical first-aid kits and anti-ballistic vests, and create a “Blue Alert” warning system to enlist the public’s help in locating suspects who have killed a law enforcement officer in the line of duty.

Other recommendations call for law enforcement agencies to put in place programs designed to promote positive interactions between police and communities; to adopt and use new technologies to enhance public trust and public safety; to provide opportunities for additional training on a range of topics, including leadership, for police at all levels; and to have in place policies that prioritize de-escalation and avoid provocative tactics.

Yeah, that's some really scary next-level stuff going on there.

/eyeroll

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Guys it is only a matter of time, you are all missing the point.

This is clearly the move before he implements sharia law and is the prez for next 20 years

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
EOs are not benign.

An EO to FORM A TASK FORCE is all there is. A task force to study policing in the country. NO actions are ordered.

I have a feeling he has kicked his "plan" into high gear for the next two years.

I could get real snarky here, but, should we go on your "feelings" or the facts?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are working very hard to fit me into a mold of political ideology. VERY hard. So hard it would appear to me that in your mind you are either one thing, or another. And there are only two options.

Well, I won't burst your bubble. Enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: nullafides

It only seems untrue if you subscribe to the barry is going to take over america theory.

Anyone else would look at this and think it is highly unlikely.

So what is worse is the idea is untrue and it is being presented as such to get those to just blindly follow it.
See your first post.

Why in the living # are you looking to crucify me for something that I admitted I had made a mistake with in the first place? Something that I actually stood up to, left un-edited, performed the necessary mea-culpa, and even still added thought out comment to?

Wow, you appear to be looking to crucify anyone who doesn't see things in the same shade that you do.
edit on Tue Mar 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't let it bother me. I know what my political ideals are and I know how to separate them from an argument so I can accurately analyze a situation. This always gets me labeled as the enemy by my would be allies. It would be nice if people could stop looking at things so simply. The world isn't an either or situation. Dualism is a lie.

The situation so often reminds one of famous quotes from historical leaders:

"[E]ach man must choose between joining our side or the other side. Any attempt to avoid taking sides in this issue must end in fiasco."

Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

"O con noi o contro di noi"—You're either with us or against us.

Benito Mussolini

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

George W. Bush

"Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price."

Hillary Rodham Clinton

And of course, my favorite version of it ...

Darth Vader says to Obi-Wan Kenobi, "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy." Obi-Wan responds, "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

Logic calls this kind of fallacy a "false dilemma."

But as we can see, some times fallacies are VERY successful.

edit on 12Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:49:52 -060015p122015366 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
double
edit on 12Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:48:48 -060015p122015366 by Gryphon66 because: double post

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'm just disproving your statement. I don't care about your political ideology.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I am sorry you made the point I was making.

I understand you made a mistake, and it was not my intention to 'crucify' you.

You asked what was worse, I answered your question and used your mistake as an example.
Cause sadly, many will do the same but not see it as a mistake.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: queenofswords
EOs are not benign.

An EO to FORM A TASK FORCE is all there is. A task force to study policing in the country. NO actions are ordered.

I have a feeling he has kicked his "plan" into high gear for the next two years.

I could get real snarky here, but, should we go on your "feelings" or the facts?

LOL...oh please don't get snarky. I didn't realize we aren't allowed to express our "feelings" along with the facts.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: SlapMonkey
The things I mentioned are largely impeachable.

A. Not illegal (SCOTUS said so, although I disagree with the 'why' behind their decision)
B. Definitely not illegal
C. Not illegal.

Sorry, these are not crimes, therefore impeachment is not appropriate. You can argue against it all you want, but you're wrong.

/pointless debate

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

We need a constitutional amendment that states that, upon last day of the term of service for a president, all EOs are hereby rendered ineffective. If Congress likes what the presi did during that term, they need to draft it into law. If not, the new president isn't burdened by having to waste time nullifying the prior presidents' EOs.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How you feel you can "disprove" my opinion that I think we should, and should be able to, get him out of office is eluding me.

I am allowed to my opinions, thoughts, and feelings.

There is no wrong or right in this arena.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
St. Louis County in Ferguson looks more and more like a proving ground.

Obama Unveils National ObamaLaw Plan

edit on Mar-03-2015 by xuenchen because: [_[__zzzz__]_]

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I called it.

This sort of thing is exactly the sort of power grab that LEOs have been facilitating and making a case for over the last 20 years.

Stop acting up American LEOs. You are making a case for federal oversight in every precinct. Your fun will die with the country. Its not even just about you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks so much for the link-back.. and I got more heartburn
from the logical and accurate insight. Kinda highlights motive.
If things speed up with the hardware-- and the MIAC starts to
look like Rules of the Road any more for graduating LEOs;
you can be at the head of the line for a gold "ITOLDYASO" star.
For right now, we can look at the course being set while
disconnected from te rhetoric (and it's heating up in here):
and ask "Where really are we versus fifteen years ago? Five?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: SlapMonkey
The things I mentioned are largely impeachable.

A. Not illegal (SCOTUS said so, although I disagree with the 'why' behind their decision)
B. Definitely not illegal
C. Not illegal.

Sorry, these are not crimes, therefore impeachment is not appropriate. You can argue against it all you want, but you're wrong.

/pointless debate

Now I'm getting a right good laugh out of this.

Whereas I am not a politician, I am not up specifically on the letter of the law on such things as "impeachment".

For that, I beg yours and everyone elses forgiveness.

I would have been better had I said that I simply wanted him out of office. Perhaps not unlike a vote of no confidence.

Where in the world do you come to this feeling that we are having a debate? I am not looking to "win" anything here. And if you get your jollies off of "winning" "debates" with people who are not debating you, you have my genuine sorrow and pity.

In the future, I'll simply remember that you are always correct in all your notions, and are here for a ribald "debate"...and politely smile, then walk away from your corner of conversation.

Take care, my friend. Take care.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join