It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
If i had the power i would have them all on death row. They tried to DESTROY a human being by having him incarcerated for life, so he might as well have been dead. I would have them in front of a firing squad.

While I feel that may be a bit to dramatic, I do think a very strong message needs to be sent when the convictions arrive.
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I noticed that trend, too, and was frankly suprised. Sadly, I do not expect it to last.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

They need to prosecute everyone involved with falsifying a police report. Big time felony.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I noticed that trend, too, and was frankly suprised. Sadly, I do not expect it to last.

Come on man, be a glass half full person!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I assume the trash that framed him will be executed as a warning to others who may be inclined to do the same?

Oh! most definitely, Ol' Jeb Bush will be in before these guys get sorted..and he loves a hanging, along with the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles he dispatched 150+ convicts, in fact he wanted to speed things up, " One trial, one appeal" was the cry.
So it's either that, or they get a pat on the back for being inventive.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

I agree. And I can't help but think that once the fellow inmates found out what they were in prison for, they would have a bit of a rough time behind bars.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

They need to prosecute everyone involved with falsifying a police report. Big time felony.

I think that's the minimum - conspiracy to deprive someone of their rights is a federal offense, as is deprivation of rights under color of law - Title 18, Sections 241 and 242, respectively.

And of course, conspiracy is a state offense, and knowingly filing a false affidavit is perjury.

The lawyers / prosecutors involved face disbarment - pretty sure they're smart enough to just say "I guess I was honestly mistaken - no conspiracy, here."

But if the prosecutors get some leverage on one of them, get them to testify to a conspiracy ...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm more of an I-don't-care-what-it-is,-I'm-thirsty kind of person

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

Oh, how I'd love to see that.

But we all know that this will fade into the noise in another few days, and will be forgotten by next month.
Those that stand to benefit from such a thing going public are you and me- the people of this nation. That takes power away from those who hold it- they won't have it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I'd love to say that won't happen, but then I think back to something that may have happened in Japan. I forget what it was.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reminds me of that case in texas where a then DA knowingly with held evidence that would have cleared this person. man spent some thing like 25 years in prison for a crime he did not do. when it came out, the former DA, now judge got a slap on the wrist. disgusting!

www.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Oh this is news to people that our judicial system is totally out of control?

I have first hand experience as do many on these boards I'm sure of it.

But we keep electing the same people over and over again so nothing ever changes.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If not for cell phone video, 47-year-old disabled veteran Douglas Dendinger could be going to prison — because of an apparent coordinated effort by Washington Parish, La. cops and prosecutors who falsely accused him of battery and witness intimidation.

As New Orleans’ WWL reports, Dendinger’s two-year nightmare began on Aug. 20, 2012, when he was paid $50 to serve a court summons on behalf of his nephew against Bogalusa police officer Chad Cassard in a police brutality lawsuit.

news.yahoo.com...

Reading this is quite scary. If not for the video, this man would have no leg to stand on and would have been at the mercy of the court system for his foreseeable future.

This is the type of thing that should be aggressively perused and made example of. Looking at the facts here, the cops were flagrantly committing a felony. This is the exact type of corruption that makes it easy to lump all cops into the "bad" group. If this sort of thing isn't dealt with, it will be the largest contributor to the downfall of our society.(IMHO)

Please read the article to see all the facts.

I was going to post this in the morning. Some serious messed up stuff! Can you imagine? One minute your world us a-ok, the next, it is completely upside down and no one believes a word you say because these cops and prosecutors say you assaulted a cop and they have witnesses to prove it. It's your word, against theirs. Some scary stuff. And I doubt it's just LA doing this. People wonder why cops aren't trusted anymore. Maybe this is why? More and more cops are behaving like this, sadly. We need to clean out the departments, get rid of cops like this, and keep the good guys on the force.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think all the reports should be discussed. I did notice a nice trend on that thread where the majority is reserving judgement and pitchforks and waiting for more facts to emerge. It sure would be nice of that was a lasting type trend.

And Boadicea, I agree. The latitude public service people are given should come with a lot of responsibility to do their job correctly, and severe punishments for those who don't. But in that light, I feel as if those positions should be higher paid as well.

I'm over on that board. I'm one of the few reserving judgment until more facts come in. I see nothing wrong with that.

2nd

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

And I applaud that. I wish everyone would wait for the facts, or at least leave room for a different point of view should new facts arise. I think your posts helped set the tone for that, and as I said, it's appreciated.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Anyafaj

And I applaud that. I wish everyone would wait for the facts, or at least leave room for a different point of view should new facts arise. I think your posts helped set the tone for that, and as I said, it's appreciated.

Thank you. I may not trust them entirely, but they do have a right to go home alive at the end of the night. I'd like to know all the facts before making a judgment. I do doubt however we ever WILL know all the facts.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: defuntion

Are there any police officers on the board that care to share their thoughts?
I would be interested..

Well, there is self one declared leg..end of the law that I know of, but dang it all, he hasn't shown up. Typical, when you need a policeman......

edit on 2-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What a bunch of cowardly lying a-holes....
....everyday it seems we hear or learn about another abuse of law by those charged with enforcing it ......what a bunch scumbags to lie like that so blatantly,thankfully there was video evidence otherwise this guy would have never seen the outside of a cage

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think I'll share this story, too... I don't want to use the yahoo link, really, because the video has been taken down, and it's just them reporting on a report. Therefor, I followed the link on Yahoo to the news station's site, and that video was still up... In case others wanna see it:

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

I think I'll share this story, too... I don't want to use the yahoo link, really, because the video has been taken down, and it's just them reporting on a report. Therefor, I followed the link on Yahoo to the news station's site, and that video was still up... In case others wanna see it:

www.wwltv.com...

Good work there,
I'm only seeing now that the video has been taken down by the Youtuber.
This is a still of the pertinent moment when the paper is being handed over,

Douglas Dendinger is in the foreground and is walking away.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join