It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would life style and society fall apart if commercial advertising was suddenly banned.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Other then objective information

But I get your point
edit on 2-3-2015 by Borisbanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

No, you would just have paid media instead of ad funded.

Give it a shot, what's the worst that could happen?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Most of television would cease to exist, since channels/stations/tv shows get the majority if not all of their budgets from advertising revenue.

A lot of websites would cease to exist for the same reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It would crash and burn...we are a world all about stuff and things and how much and what kInd we all have...and "need".

Is there no way to know what stuff and things exist besides advertising. Maybe I am wrong or at least biased when I interpreted the OP, but what came to mind was the nature of commercials and advertising which attempt to 'trick' the viewer with entertainment and planned taking advantage of psychology, to attempt to convince them to purchase the product.

Everyone knows they need soap, if soap commercials were eliminated from existence, people would still purchase soap. Commercials are a means for the soap company with the most money, to try to implant their brand name in the viewers mind via entertainment, as viewership is accustomed to being entertained, via advertisement, as a part of their media browsing lives.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

You are absolutely correct on all your points. Sadly, in our "me-now-gotta-have" society....the mistake we make is thinking we have control over what we need and what they TELL us we need.

But...your points here are valid. Thanks! MS

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join