It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindfully Trinodal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I prefer to progress with whatever I am involved in with a thoughtful and broad sense. Such as these threads on ATS. It would be easy to go into each subject matter hard-headed with my forehead all bunched up with thoughts too hard and too deep swirling around in my brain. The very act of sitting before a screen and zooming in towards the center of it to read the text gives your brain and mind a narrowing effect that I'm sure the majority of folks aren't noticing.

It's true your body remembers what it does much like your brain remembers what you thought, your conversations, what you read and so on and so forth. Your movements are remembered in much the same way. So, to make this simile I would say that your mind is much like your body in that if you don't move around much and stay focused on one thing all the time you get a sort of "tunnel-vision" effect on how you mentally approach things. That's why message boards like ATS are great with many subjects on hand ready to read into and reply in.

Someone who has more vocal conversations in life than on message boards I would say could have a more exercised mind and therefore while writing in the boards would be more apt to grasp a broader sense of things and therefore would add to the matter in a less streamlined and predictable way. Sort of like if your thoughts were a rubber balloon the more exercise your brain gets the more hands are pressing out inside the balloon in more directions, tickling the other thoughts. There could be hand shakes, arm wrestling, waving and other fun hand motions.

They say don't think inside the box and to observe the others in the box then show them how fun it is outside where it is free. That is what I'm trying to articulate with this thread. I will present a picture I made with drawing tools to further give a visual correlation.

edit on 28-2-2015 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Thanks for the tips on the proper way to think.
(I think I see that your box in the circle is slightly off center to the left a smidge or two.)

join