It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human head transplants to be possible in 2 years time.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I just cant understand the direction medical science is headed in

immortality as always, but now we know enough to be dangerous.

The question that remains to be answered is, will we be able to stop before we hang ourselves?
edit on 45228America/ChicagoThu, 26 Feb 2015 09:45:01 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
It depends if it was even alive/conscious in the beginning. That is one thing that I hated about the movie The Island. Why raise them to be thinking beings when you could have just as easily (don't know how easy really) made a body with no brain, or just a brain stem and kept the bodies alive via machines. They do that now for brain dead people.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I have a basic but decent knowledge of such...

& I think that refers to people with Spinal Cord damage as opposed to Brain Stem separation.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

The point was that in order to use such a clone for spare parts the clone needs a healthy working body that works on its own.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

& I think that refers to people with Spinal Cord damage as opposed to Brain Stem separation.

Yes it does for now.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
They can do a head transplant, but they still cannot get me to grow a full head of hair. Come on people, priorities! I guess on the flip side, I can finally get that body builder physic I have always wanted. Forget the gym, I will just go after a body that already looks good, they can use my old one for medical research on as an example of what not to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Saw this earlier on msn news... thought then that it was crazy and I still think that.

Surely Cloning would be here first, then you wouldn't need to transplant a head onto another body!

What is wrong with people?

This Planet is getting more crazy by the day.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There will be no issues with immunorejection in the future.

But how and why, you ask?

Because by the time this "head transplant" tech is ready for "prime time" they will have everyone's DNA on file and will be able to determine the percent chance of immunorejection amongst the general population. The R&D cost for developing "cloning tech" also won't be an issue, because it will be cheaper to "body snatch" somebody poor, whom is a "perfect match" for the rich person in need of transplanting their head. Vladimir Petrovich Demikhov did this with dogs in the 1950's and they lived for a couple of months, imagine what they can do now. This tech is mostly likely already here and working just fine.

So, imagine a world with no middle class, laws geared toward the rich, with functions of governance supported by a police state, with the healthcare industry as an almighty overseer. Its my understanding that we don't own our DNA profiles and have no claim to any discoveries made or profits earned by using our individual biological material.

With that in mind, is it so far fetched ,to think such a policy will someday include having no rights to our bodies as well?

Of course it will.

Here is a quote from Patricia Scripko, a neurologist at the Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System in California, she said: “If a head transplant were ever to take place, it would be very rare. It's not going to happen because someone says 'I'm getting older, I'm arthritic, maybe I should get a body that works better and looks better.’”

Since the rich don't need regular people anymore for "labor" and have no desire to pay us for our work and advancing AI tech soon doing most of the labor, whats left for regular people to do?

We will be the "body farm" for rich people needing "head transplants" and our filed away DNA profile will tell them EXACTLY whom will be the "best match" at any given time. This DNA will also tell then whom will be the most healthy donors, with the least inherited health problems.

Also don't think the courts will be providing any "due process" if "head transplants" becomes a real thing.

For example, lets say that someone like Mark Zuckerberg needs a head transplant in 2055, when this tech has fully matured and the United States also has the DNA of every citizen on file and YOU happen to be the best DNA match for Mark's head. Do you believe they will "ask your permission" to donate your body, for HIS need?

Of course they won't They will jail you on trumped up charges and will have laws in the future that will eliminate your right to deny such uses of your body. You will be turned into a ward of the state, at their discretion, to use as they please. Mark Zuckerberg's life to the state and corporate America is worth FAR, FAR, more than any of us, so we will be expendable and used as a self-supporting, "body farm", WAITING, until the need to extend his life and/or others like him.
edit on 26-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What is wrong with people?

IMO whats wrong with people is NOT the desire to pursuit knowledge in itself. Thats actually one of the few traits that humanity has over the animal kingdom.

Our downfall is the other traits that we share with nature: violent tendencies in the pursuit of Survival of the fittest.

The problem is: what we do after we get the knowledge and our instincts that we share with the animal kingdom kicks in , or how we obtained the knowledge.

So I don't see it as a bad thing to seek the knowledge or have the desire to be able to perform body transplants as it could help less fortunate people in a bunch of other areas.

The question is how we use the obtained capabilities , and that I can agree with you on: We are a pretty messed up bunch.

edit on 48228America/ChicagoThu, 26 Feb 2015 10:48:46 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Umm...where are they going to get the bodies?

I'm almost sure I'm missing something....

Donor bodies. Healthy donor bodies. So they're relying on what...decapitation and/or brain death?

MH370! Yes you are "missing something...."

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

that deserves a thread all of its own

Quick, to the skunk works forum!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yes It does
They are doing it, I believe, right here at Diego Garcia Base

I saw it in dream. They are using kids and adults. They use a machine/facility that operates by frequency and I believe acceleration particles or nuclear energy... I don't know.

I saw a kid being put on a table at the same time with an adult man. They some how toke their brains off to exchange i believe, and they used the machine.

take also in consideration the following glitch
edit on 26/2/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OK, voyger2, but lets not get too far away from what I just posted above, which is a very serious issue that all "regular people" must consider a possibility in the near future.

originally posted by: boohoo
There will be no issues with immunorejection in the future.

But how and why, you ask?

Because by the time this "head transplant" tech is ready for "prime time" they will have everyone's DNA on file and will be able to determine the percent chance of immunorejection amongst the general population. The R&D cost for developing "cloning tech" also won't be an issue, because it will be cheaper to "body snatch" somebody poor, whom is a "perfect match" for the rich person in need of transplanting their head. Vladimir Petrovich Demikhov did this with dogs in the 1950's and they lived for a couple of months, imagine what they can do now. This tech is mostly likely already here and working just fine.

So, imagine a world with no middle class, laws geared toward the rich, with functions of governance supported by a police state, with the healthcare industry as an almighty overseer. Its my understanding that we don't own our DNA profiles and have no claim to any discoveries made or profits earned by using our individual biological material.

With that in mind, is it so far fetched ,to think such a policy will someday include having no rights to our bodies as well?

Of course it will.

Here is a quote from Patricia Scripko, a neurologist at the Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System in California, she said: “If a head transplant were ever to take place, it would be very rare. It's not going to happen because someone says 'I'm getting older, I'm arthritic, maybe I should get a body that works better and looks better.’”

Since the rich don't need regular people anymore for "labor" and have no desire to pay us for our work and advancing AI tech soon doing most of the labor, whats left for regular people to do?

We will be the "body farm" for rich people needing "head transplants" and our filed away DNA profile will tell them EXACTLY whom will be the "best match" at any given time. This DNA will also tell then whom will be the most healthy donors, with the least inherited health problems.

Also don't think the courts will be providing any "due process" if "head transplants" becomes a real thing.

For example, lets say that someone like Mark Zuckerberg needs a head transplant in 2055, when this tech has fully matured and the United States also has the DNA of every citizen on file and YOU happen to be the best DNA match for Mark's head. Do you believe they will "ask your permission" to donate your body, for HIS need?

Of course they won't They will jail you on trumped up charges and will have laws in the future that will eliminate your right to deny such uses of your body. You will be turned into a ward of the state, at their discretion, to use as they please. Mark Zuckerberg's life to the state and corporate America is worth FAR, FAR, more than any of us, so we will be expendable and used as a self-supporting, "body farm", WAITING, until the need to extend his life and/or others like him.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

The disappeared.

Sigh....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And then within months a mad scientist claims to be on the brink of head transplants.

Who is is researching on???

Dum Dum Duuuuuuummmm.....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So you could take your DNA and throw it in artificial womb, nurture as your child for a couple of decades. Drug up your younger self, insert your head on his body, and keep on keepin on?

edit on 26-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
So you could take your DNA and throw it in artificial womb, nurture as your child for a couple of decades. Drug up your younger self, insert your head on his body, and keep on keepin on?

That's going to be expensive, will have public outcry/backlash and possibly will be/is against law, BUT taking people, already here, with the "right" DNA traits and then stripping them of their freedom, so they can become "body donors", THAT WILL BE PERFECTLY LEGAL.
edit on 26-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

The rich are not stupid like you lot -
They will wait for brain transplants to be perfected then who would know

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

That's going to be expensive, will have public outcry/backlash and possibly will be/is against law, BUT taking people, already here, with the "right" DNA traits and then stripping them of their freedom, so they can become "body donors", THAT WILL BE PERFECTLY LEGAL.

hmmm, so your argument is not about morality, but about convenience, it seems. That negates the public outcry/backlash part. It makes it about expense.

Neither of us can say with certainty what will and won't be legal in the future, there's just too many unknowns. I would gather if the tech is available, and the will in place, the operations will be done, legality or not.

It would be nice if we could genetically tinker clones to age quickly to the point of physical maturation, then slow down as we will and do the transplant.

Lots of hypothetical, but we really don't know how this will play out. I mean you're assuming with the "right DNA traits" bit. There is no evidence to my knowledge that this would be successful at this point.
edit on 26-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

say for the sake of argument they are able to pull this off at some point....your head is on a new body...you have their hands ,their fingerprints, better hope their prints don't show up in a crime database at some point!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join