It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar eclipse: Biggest since 1999 could plunge Britain into darkness in March

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

A solar eclipse in March could plunge the country into darkness as the sky is covered and energy supplies are put at risk.

The eclipse will block out nearly 90 per cent of the sunlight in parts of Europe – with some of Scotland seeing 94 per cent coverage. And the electricity supplies might not be able to take up the strain, since so much of Europe’s power supply now relies on solar energy.

Will be interesting to say the least!

It will begin in the UK at 8.45am. The maximum eclipse, when the moon is nearest the middle of the sun, will be at 9.31am. The event will end at 10.41am.
www.independent.co.uk...

All these blood moons, eclipses, planetary alignments and falling stars reminds me of something..

"The sun will be given over to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and terrifying Day of the LORD." - Joel 2:31

Just sayin'..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So an hour of less-than-total darkness might cause problems with the power grid? What the hell happens at night, then?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
all the cool stuff always happens in places i am not in :/

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Honestly. Is the Independent so strained for news that they have to make a solar eclipse into a bit of fear-mongering? It's a solar eclipse, it's not like Mr.Burns is blocking out the sun...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
We're all DOOMED I tells ya....all DOOMED.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Trust a British paper to over-exagarate a very cool but very harmless event. Same as usual with these types of things. We can 2 cm of snow and the whole country shuts down. It's actually embarrassing to be here sometimes. Buts I love my country!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
This is a political issue more than a religious one.
It shows the danger of two things;
a) Neglecting traditional methods of power-generation in favour of unreliable "renewable energy".
b) Linking ourselves too closely to Europe. Apparently Britain does not depend on solar power as much as the continental countries, but will be obliged to help share the load.

edit on 25-2-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You forgot to mention in your scare-mongering thread just how many minutes this darkness would last.
One must protect idiots out there, you know, that grab onto such news and run to the cellar.
--Or was that your intent?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Lol since when was a relatively slow fade...a PLUNGE into darkness? Its an eclipse, the Independent not been around long?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Lol since when was a relatively slow fade...a PLUNGE into darkness? Its an eclipse, the Independent not been around long?

No. Where have you been, BlueJacket? Any time the dragon eats the sun it's serious business. Get out the fireworks! Bang some pots!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

All these blood moons, eclipses, planetary alignments and falling stars reminds me of something..

"The sun will be given over to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the coming of the great and terrifying Day of the LORD." - Joel 2:31

Just sayin'..

Cavemen probably said the same thing being scared, ignorant short-haired apes and all....

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

It would be if the inability to generate enough solar energy crashes the power grid. I for one would find it extremely, deliciously ironic. But ever-so-green.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Just sayin'..

Cavemen probably said the same thing being scared, ignorant short-haired apes and all....

But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, that they were saying to you, "In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts." These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit… Jude 1:17-19

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Just sayin'..

But all those things can be predicted like clockwork... We get about four eclipses a year for one. Just sayin'...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Having seen a total eclipse in 1999 in Germany, all I can say is that it is a really absurd, fantastic and quite irritating experience to see the dark of the core-shadow come rushing at you with about 1.500 km/h!

Then it gets dark, nearly like in the night, the birds stop singing, all seems surreal because at the same time it is dark and yet some environmental light from all around you gives everything this unusual "light-dark" != greyish colorization. This lasts for about 15 minutes. No biblical or otherwise exceptional things were to be seen.

Have fun. It is a must-see!
edit on 25 2 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Just sayin'..

But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, that they were saying to you, "In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts." These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit… Jude 1:17-19

Like a con-man covering his back.....anyone that calls him a liar or mocks his claims is a bad baad person....

From the same source that claimed total eclipses were due to THE DAY OF THE LORD lol

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
For flip sake it'll probably be dark and widddling down anyway...so no change there!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You're comparing me to a conman now? First you compare me to a 'Caveman', now a conman. Someone has got a serious chip on their shoulder.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Prezbo369

You're comparing me to a conman now? First you compare me to a 'Cavemen', then a conman. Someone has got a serious chip on their shoulder.

Yes I compared whoever attributes such natural phenomenons to cavemen and the author of the quote you posted to a conman.

You can put your victim-card away now...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why is this in the religion forum?...
I mean we know it is coming and will last fifteen minutes.
Why the end of days bs?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join