It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Episode: The Dinosaur Hoax - post your own research & observations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I am not normally a fan of NLBS but this one should be pretty good given the subject.

Maybe I can change my opinion, I am looking forward to watching.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
as I asked earlier in the thread, what is the point of giving them attention?

What's the point in giving ANYTHING attention? Fred Phelps, ISIS, pets, movie stars? This will appeal to some people and won't to others. If it doesn't appeal to you, don't engage. There have been other NLBS threads that I didn't even open because I knew I wouldn't be interested. Not every subject is going to appeal to you.

I don't see ATS as having any obligation to be 100% serious all the time.

Someone needs to clarify what this site is actually striving for these days. Is it to actually be serious and call out conspiracies and the like, or just some fun and games site where we just make it up as we go along, to hell with facts and lets just "have some fun".

Can it please be both? I've had some FUN and GAMES on this site over the years, and I've also learned a lot about serious subjects. That's how life is. Why shouldn't ATS reflect real life?

I just don't see why this drivel is even worthy of a thread, especially not one hosted by a site that I hold in high regard for being a site to go to, to research and learn from others.

I understand your view. But I think there's a lot more to ATS than serious discussion.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
dinos were real. but I think they lived along mankind some time.

I have no proof.

Dig deep.GL

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Let's get back to actually responding with paleontology tips/information as has been requested via the opening post.

Oh wait… it never was that. So, let's make sure we stick to the intent of the thread author.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok....hell with it.

Found some serious "anti dino" stuff.

God created every living creature, so God made the dinosaurs. Satan said one day, “you know, there has to be a way I can use dinosaurs against God.” But he couldn’t fool Adam because Adam named them! The devil couldn’t fool Noah because he feed them everyday on the Ark

edit on 24-2-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Hovind doesn't deny dinosaurs, he tries to suggest humans and dinosaurs co-existed.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

got me there....

However, the more I browse around the more I notice that the "dinosaurs were on the Ark" ideal tends to be much more prevalent than what I can find on "no dinosaurs, they never existed".

Perhaps the "tactics" have changed a bit?

I don't know, but the "dinosaurs were on the Ark and Noah had to feed them everyday" bit cracks me up...absolutely cracks me up.

edit on 24-2-2015 by Jakal26 because: and saddens me....at the same time

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think The Dinosaur Hoax is an example of Poe's Law and probably not to be taken seriously, much like last thursdayism.

Seems like a waste of time for NLBS or maybe they need to regroup after a couple crap vids.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I couldn't see any of the content at the site you linked here. Just a blank page with some pink border and some supposed things to click but no content.

...but I did find this. (yeah, I became increasing interested in this...but only because I am/was cracking up)

The site
A bit of their hilarious content
A bit more of their excellent content

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Regardless whether it is satire or not is irrelevant imo.

She makes some statements the some people will believe and that some wont.

Next step is to verify statements she made using experts in that field in the mainstream as well as the notsomainstream "experts" that can verify their statements with facts or proof... and to debunk false messengers.

Then let people make their own mind up.

Though I understand that doing all that nlbs should state reference material along with their video postings and that the videos only pertain to those facts and sources, because it is near impossible to cover EVERYTHING in 10 minutes and that NLBS videos are not the final verdict on a matter entirely. (though they do this in the video, people still immediately go on the offensive after only reading the title)

My ten cents.

Should still be interesting, keep up the good work.

edit on 24-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am no expert and what I know may be out of date. But what always fascinated me. Is that even though dinosaurs roamed the earth for over a hundred million years. There are only around 3000 near complete skeletons and or skulls in the hands of museums. There is something like 15 near complete T-Rex's, but some Dinosaurs are only known from one bone or tooth. There is a lot of guess work when it comes to this subject. Educated guess work, but still guess work.

I know the scientific reasons as to why there are so few surviving skeletal remains, but once while reading an article on how many Dinosaurs are still left to be discovered. I had an idea, that since so few dinosaur skeletons of every species have been found. Maybe Dinosaurs were in fact demons. Who all died in some demonic war. That is why there are so few remains found. Because they were not a species that had to have a breeding population. But were long lived demonic entities. Now I do not believe that. Not at all. Just thought it could be a cool idea for a short story.

What I am trying to get at is this. If I, a not very religious man. I am Catholic but not really a practicing Catholic. Can think that, while reading an article and day dreaming. I can see how someone who believes in their religion with every fiber of their being. Who has absolute faith in their God. Can go a step further than me and say its all fake and the work of the Devil. The only people who can prove otherwise are paleontologists, and if you already believe the paleontologists are in on it. There can really be no discussion on this with someone who believes Dinosaurs are all fake. That is the problem with everything these days. Everyone has a side and will not budge from their position. No matter what evidence is brought to the table. People who are in the middle and willing to listen to all sides and ideas are a dying breed. Going the same way as the Dinosaurs.

Good luck with this episode. I will be looking forward to it.

edit on 24-2-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
I think The Dinosaur Hoax is an example of Poe's Law and probably not to be taken seriously, much like last thursdayism.

Seems like a waste of time for NLBS or maybe they need to regroup after a couple crap vids.

Interview with Ra-Man Start's at the 16:05 mark where he confronts her about what he actually believes.

There are a lot of videos and websites dedicated to debunking dinosaurs.

Dinosaur DECEPTION! Dinosaurs Never Existed! Dinosaur Fossils Are A Hoax - Dinosaurs: Science Or Science Fiction by David Wozney

This article will discuss the possibility that there may have been an ongoing effort since the earliest dinosaur "discoveries" to plant, mix and match bones of various animals, such as crocodiles, alligators, iguanas, giraffes, elephants, cattle, kangaroos, ostriches, emus, dolphins, whales, rhinoceroses, etc. to construct and create a new man-made concept prehistoric animal called the dinosaur.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I think paleontology is coming into it's golden age. New discoveries are coming to light almost weekly. Probably due to new methods of detecting fossils. This is a good time to be a dino lover. I recommend IFL Science.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thank you. I do need to read up on the subject. I do not even think about the subject much, except when I am at the Field Museum. Then I am like a five year old when in the dinosaur exhibit.

edit on 24-2-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One could argue with the increasing paleontologists in the world that they have to find/create more work to feed themselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kykweer
One could argue with the increasing paleontologists in the world that they have to find/create more work to feed themselves.

One could but why not use new tech to advance science? Even such an old one as paleontology? Understanding history is important.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I really don't know, probably... my tongue was firmly pressed against my cheek.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

One look at the youtube page from whence the initial video you posted came and one can CLEARLY see that it is satire.
.....that is all.

You're alienating your own audience and don't even realize that...

I found this amusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join