It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am growing a beard for the 1st time🎅

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Started a beard at the University to look all academic and hip and haven't shaved in 30 years. I keep it nice and trim with these....

www.mensjournal.com...

Unless I get a role as some kind of homeless guy, reprobate, drunk or old cowboy then I let it grow, but trim it back when the films over.
edit on 23-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol at least we don't have to worry about going bald.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol at least we don't have to worry about going bald.

A valid and happy point!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Started a beard at the University to look all academic and hip and haven't shaved in 30 years. I keep it nice and trim with these....

www.mensjournal.com...

Unless I get a role as some kind of homeless guy, reprobate, drunk or old cowboy then I let it grow, but trim it back when the films over.

I looked at the link.
I saw an article about beard oils.
I have never used beard oil.... now I am thinking that I might.... once I get some!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My facial hair is very coarse too and I've also had a time when my facial hair went into the skin on my hand. We've got hair of steel
lol

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: olaru12

www.mensjournal.com...

I looked at the link.
I saw an article about beard oils.
I have never used beard oil.... now I am thinking that I might.... once I get some!

Don't.... it's just overpriced generic hand lotion. I use baby oil...the ladies love it. Works almost like pheromones. That maternal instinct can work to our advantage; if you catch my drift....
edit on 23-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: michael1888

Not much to do with it if you like it! Patience is the hardest part in growing a Beard . You will have the in between times when it looks like hell and such BUT don't shave BE Patient it will pay off in the end with a THICK glorious beard in bout 6-8 months give or take a few months..lol

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the opportunity to ask this question OP! lol

I've been trying to grow some in for the past 2 years. I used to hardly have any coming in except for mustache, sideburns, and some goatee chin hair up til about 30yrs old, and would only have to shave it once in a great while, maybe a month. Now im 32.

That became three weeks, then two, now I don't have a regular frequency at all b/c I'm trying to get it to grow in even more. I get it on my neck, chin, mustache and sideburns, but it doesn't grow in hardly at all where you'd connect them on the cheeks.

HOW do you encourage growth? By not shaving it clean ofc, but what about scissor trimmings? Should I be trying to make it even on both sides with a scissor? Is there any diet or vitamin that helps, etc? Freakishly there's a bit more coming in one on side of my neck vs the other.

Also, my neck hair is thinner in some spots vs others, so it ends up looking all straggly and thin when it grows in. I hope it comes in more, but if this is all I get (I'm a tiny bit native american, but only like a trace, maybe 1/12th), I'll have to get used to rocking a "Van Dyke" like the great artists of the Renaissance. Lol.
edit on 2/23/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I will keep the metal alive, even if I have to grow it strand by strand, from my own damned chin!

OH!

Here's another tip for the OP!

I would advise you allow shave completely once, then allow yourself to reach the full face fishermans beard for a month, and then chop out what you do not want. I had my first shave with an electric razor my father bought for my birthday, at the age of sixteen. The next week, he buggered off out of the family home, and took it with him. He's a blaggard, what can I say?

I had a massive fishermans beard before long, and sculpted it. Also, if you intend on going down the pointy, downward facing route, I would advise getting some miniature hair bands, and strapping that beard into a point for an hour or so every now and again, just to pull the follicles into a pattern which promotes uniform directionality. Its a great way to tame an unruly face gerbil.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have sported(what a wonderfull term to describe a beard) almost every type of facial hair over the years from designer stubble through goatee's, mutton chops, handle bar moustache's and even for a few months a proper Mr T with matching mohawk. I bleached it with peroxide once and dyed it green but I would not reccomend this though as putting 40% peroxide on your tash for an hour makes you really rather ill.

I have only done the hitler tash in my own home whilst shaving of a beard for the grins.

I am now going for a full on big beard as I watched a tv show called mountain men on netflix and thought I would give it a go.

There is nothing better than a good beard in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

He's only 1/8th but it still takes him about a week to a week and a half to get an impressive growth of stubble.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I can't wait until it warms up so I can get rid of mine. I spend a lot of time outside. My face gets cold so I haven't shaved. The dang thing is driving me crazy. It itches and food gets in it if I'm not careful.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm known in these parts as the Bearded Lady of ATS.

OP I'm more EXCITED about the emoji in your thread title

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I didnt think the emiji would work but hey presto!
a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here are some suggestions for tha Beard!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join