It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Recruits fear being sent to Ukraine.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...
Aparently the Russian government is lying through its teeth to everyone....and has been from the start.....
Will this new tacit admission of the Troops it has sent to help the rebels bring boots to Ukrainian ground from foreign sources......
Probably..from source.....

..Human rights groups have received dozens of complaints in the past month alone from Russian conscripts like Alexander who say they have been strong-armed or duped into signing contracts with the military to become professional soldiers, after which they were sent to participate in drills in the southern Rostov region.

"We receive messages from all over in which (soldiers) say that they're being sent again to Rostov for military exercises," said Valentina Melnikova, head of the Committee of Soldiers' Mothers, a group with a three-decade history of working to protect soldiers' rights.

"Those who have been there (to the Rostov region) before know that in actual fact it means Ukraine."

From source

edit on 22-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Gotta love it when even Western media thinks it does anti-Russian propaganda but does the opposite...I bet the Russians are laughing their asses off.

The Kremlin is using Western propaganda to work against themselves now...they are no match for the Russians so it seems.

It`s all about demoralizing Ukrainians to go fighting, I bet the Western puppet masters are getting pretty frustrated by now with things not going to plan.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I bet the Russia appologists are turning cartwheels to figure out how to slant this news of the secret that everyone knew to begin with....
Russia needs its red ass kicked and kicked hard with nukes....turn it into glass......

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I bet the Russia appologists are turning cartwheels to figure out how to slant this news of the secret that everyone knew to begin with....
Russia needs its red ass kicked and kicked hard with nukes....turn it into glass......

Many more like him on this site as well

Want to Nuke Russians? You mad?

How about beating up Russians?

Tell you what,you go out and try doing that I bet you land on your arse

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ever heard of MAD?

Crazy insane.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Aw common just trying to get the Ruskie supporters ginned up a little....are you mad.....

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien?

But is it true?

There is mounting evidence of Russians in Ukraine alonside Russian-supplied materiel . The state-controlled Russian press is hardly going to report anything that exposes the Russian lie.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Does one have to be a Russia supporter to criticise your proposal?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I think what he means is that are getting demoralised because they know they are basically fighting against Russia, a fight they can't win.

I don't think it really matters in that sense, I'm sure it was clear to them what they were up against a while ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

I find that statement to be a teeny bit on the harsh side.

Really.

A pre-emptive nuclear strike on the populations of a country seen as a current pariah (by the west) for their obvious involvement in the Ukraine would not curry favour with any other countries downwind of it (Sarah Palin's front porch).

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

But what of the morale of the Russians? Russia already has protests against sending troops to Ukraine. What happens when Putin actually admits that's what they're doing? We've also had a few interviews from Russian soldiers who have expressed fear at being sent to Ukraine. So clearly their morale isn't great either.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Are you insane? Do you realize that if either side launches nukes, the other side would have to do the same because they wouldn't have had a second chance. Which would undoubtedly lead to hundreds of millions dead people on both sides.

And we have yet to see a proof of Russian troops in Ukraine, because all we have is ASSUMPTIONS.

@Xcalibur254

Can you say for 100 certainty, they were Russian soldiers and not just an act so Ukraine would get help? What am i asking. Of course you can't.
edit on 22-2-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: paraphi
The state-controlled Russian press is hardly going to report anything that exposes the Russian lie.

Seriously true. Putin is old KGB and he has final say with what the state-controlled Russian media pumps out. It's just another propaganda machine.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DrChinstrap

That's all well and good if this conflict existed in a vaccuum. As soon as it becomes 100% without a doubt that this is primarily a war between Ukraine and Russia then the game changes. Then the West can start providing some more direct assistance and there's not much Russia can say to stop them. Plus, I'm sure there's more than a few people in the former USSR willing to stick it to their old taskmaster.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I find that the Bullshooting of all sides is getting a little thick......
The facts remain Russia ahs had regular troops fighting the Ukrainians since the beginning...
Period....
That's not to deny the Poles, Blackwater, mercenary volunteers, Swedes, and other foreign peoples are also fighting on the Kiev side....
The first casualty of war is the truth.....And it is DOA.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

And what of the articles coming from The Russian press? While I'm not aware of any direct interviews with Russian soldiers I know they've been talking to the parents' of soldiers. And they're telling a similar story. Their children are being coerced into "volunteering" for the separatists even though they don't want to go. But you know that Russian media is just Western propaganda.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's all well and good if this conflict existed in a vaccuum. As soon as it becomes 100% without a doubt that this is primarily a war between Ukraine and Russia then the game changes.

The west will do nothing and they have known that Russia is supporting the separatists from the beginning. Why do you think they are talking to Putin.

Then the West can start providing some more direct assistance

Why is it the West's business?

Ukraine is not a member of NATO, it is not a member of the EU.

edit on 22-2-2015 by DrChinstrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The treaty of Budapest guaranteed Ukraines sovereign integrity for giving up it nuclear arms....
We are signatory to that treaty I believe and are duty bound to help fight the Russian hordes sweeping in from the east......
Nato has spend billions prepping for just that scenario and is ready with the arms to deal with it,,,,turn them loose I say....a promise made is a debt unpaid....

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DrChinstrap

What is it Russia's business? They haven't owned Crimea for over 50 years. They haven't been in control of Ukraine for over 20 years. They recognize the legitimacy of the Ukrainian government. They are invading and attempting to annex a sovereign state. One whose sovereignty was guaranteed by the Budapest Memorandum. Signed by the US and UK. But not only that if I were a former Soviet state like Poland or Lithuania I'd be sending whatever help I could to make sure Russia's current dreams of expansion were snuffed out as early as possible.
edit on 2/22/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What is it Russia's business?

Apparently all parties want control over Ukraine in some way or another. So who is the bad guy in such a situation?

In who's backyard is it?

"Nowhere does it say that if a country violates this memorandum, that the others will attack militarily," said Gerhard Simon, Eastern Europe expert at the University of Cologne. German journalist and Ukraine expert Winfried Schneider-Deters agrees, telling DW, "The agreement is not worth the paper on which it was written."

www.dw.de...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join