It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"5 Important Things From History That No One Can Explain"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Great thread!

2. We Can't Read One of History's Most Important Languages

As per usual the linguistic experts may be working on the wrong end of this problem.

Not all writing is based on or even directly linked to a spoken language. Just look at maths. After "our" cataclysmic event, would love to see future humans trying to develop a language out of some of the quantum physics equations out there. Or better yet, binary...

"Blip, bloop, bloop. Bloop, bloop, blip"...

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

"5 Important Things From the present That No One Can Explain"

1. Where do all the odd socks go?

2. Why is it when you wait at the traffic lights it takes ages before they turn green again... but the moment you try and take something out of the glove box the lights change

3. When buying self assembly furniture, the holes are always either not drilled properly or they are in the wrong place

4. Where do birds go when they die? I've only seen maybe a dozen dead birds in my entire life.

5. Why do you always want what you don't have, but when you have it you don't want it?

Korg.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Mastronaut
Birds with vertical tails... sure we're talking about pareidolia, but in the opposite sense that you are intending.

Airplanes with eyes?... HMMmm

Look me in the eyes!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

in reply to number three , read the instructions first and all will become clear .

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill

in reply to number three , read the instructions first and all will become clear .

You've never actually assembled any flat pack furniture have you? For if you had, you would realize that screw holes that are not properly drilled or have been drilled in the wrong place has zero to do with understanding the supplied instructions.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

yes i have assembled flat pack furniture many times and the only problem i ever had with them was missing parts .

Flat pack furniture is manufactured using preset jig's for each part, thus eliminating any chance of error .
in other words they are clones of each other .

the most common mistake people make is that they look at the picture of the item and think yes that's simple enough
and start to assemble placing the left hand piece on the right and the right hand piece on the left , and because both pieces look identical it is not until they get well into the assembly that other pieces don't seem to fit correctly .

the above is just an example of what can go wrong with the assembly.

as for badly drilled parts i must say that it is not something i have seen .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

yes i have assembled flat pack furniture many times and the only problem i ever had with them was missing parts .

Flat pack furniture is manufactured using preset jig's for each part, thus eliminating any chance of error .
in other words they are clones of each other .

the most common mistake people make is that they look at the picture of the item and think yes that's simple enough
and start to assemble placing the left hand piece on the right and the right hand piece on the left , and because both pieces look identical it is not until they get well into the assembly that other pieces don't seem to fit correctly .

the above is just an example of what can go wrong with the assembly.

as for badly drilled parts i must say that it is not something i have seen .

Having designed the MRP systems of several furniture companies over the years, you learn that the manufacturing process is a) different for each company and b) prone to human error.

though I find it unbelievable that you would argue with me over Flat pack furniture. I have put together quite a few pieces of flatpack over the years too.... nearly always the drill holes are incomplete or in the wrong place....

Oh and BTW I happen to know my left from my right

Korg.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

well i think it is a case of you get what you pay for then , flat pack furniture is at the low end of furniture manufacturing .
i myself would never buy these cheap composite board items of furniture , i prefer the real traditional built items .

my experience of assembling flat pack comes from working for my clients , kitchen units , wardrobes , dressers , desks and cupboards .
and if you read my reply , i did say that the left v right was just an example of mistakes that some people make .
it was not a personal slur of your ability .

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

well i think it is a case of you get what you pay for then , flat pack furniture is at the low end of furniture manufacturing .
i myself would never buy these cheap composite board items of furniture , i prefer the real traditional built items .

Hahahaha thank you for putting a smile on my face...

Not an Ikea customer then?

Your comments are condescending and ignorant.

Korg.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

Okay I googled those man made caves in china and holy moly if I didn't beleive in a previously advanced civilization before humans I do now. How the hell can we not see that with all this evidence!

advanced? It's a cave not a warp core ffs

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I don't really think that Longyou Caves is not explainable. In fact, the Sanxingdui ruins is much more mysterious in China.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join