It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"5 Important Things From History That No One Can Explain"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't believe it.
a reply to: magnetik

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
The giant heads are the olmecs, africans that lived in the americas. believe it or not africans lived in the americas before slavery

Any source for this claim?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

The giant heads are the olmecs, africans that lived in the americas. believe it or not africans lived in the americas before slavery

Any source for this claim?

It is just a theory based on physical similarities and loosely from a story originating in west Africa of a massive amount of people leaving in ships.

A good list, but as many have said quite a misleading title aha. The Etruscans I imagine won't be deciphered for time considering how brutal the Romans were. Also we have quite a large idea of who the sea peoples were, just there was so much happening at the time to name every single raider is abit to ambitious.

Still a good read

edit on 22-2-2015 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For #5, there is already a technique to 3D print people's faces from DNA samples.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

well the ancient egyptians are african, decendents of kush and other advanced african nations. Egypt was the high peak. The giant heads are the olmecs, africans that lived in the americas. believe it or not africans lived in the americas before slavery

Some of the Olmecs were African looking but I doubt they were actual Africans, that Africans did reach the "New World" there are circumstantial evidence pointing to that.
Kemities were multi ethnic Africans that's for sure but to say they derived from the political entity called Kush, that's not imo true, now they did derive from a political entity called Ta-Seti which was the gold producing region of upper Egypt and Sudan aka "Nubia" and the first state on the Nile, Kush came early on the scene but they were not Ta-Setians, they would eventually engulf all before them including the Ta-setians and later the Kemites themselves for they were a power to be reckoned with.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

A big one for me not on this list as a microbiologist is the sweating sickness.

It ran through England a couple of times in tudor england.

Mortality was near 50% and it killed large numbers.

It infected rich and poor alike so indicates a possible airborne pathogen

It is a mystery as it just vannished as quickly as it came.

No one knows what caused it, what its host was or even why is disappeared.

Is it hideing somewere here in england?
edit on 22-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

From Peru

Egypt
If these artifacts are not hoaxes then some explanations are in order.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Very interesting that the tails are vertical instead of horizontal, like a true bird.

Someone was flying, gliding at least.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Great article and post. However, it's leaving out quite a few other unexplained things from history. To name a few, Puma Punku, the 'missing' evolutionary link (its far from just that, but that's what they name it), countless archaeological discoveries that defy explanation, as well as ancient ruins/sites..

Also, the writer of the article stated something very laughable "As modern humans with constant access to every piece of information that has ever been known"... Err no, I don't think so bud. We don't have constant access to every piece of information that has ever been known, far from it, the rest of the article contradicts that statement, in fact, lol.

O'h and in regards to his comments about not knowing what Egyptians actually looked like, this is true, halfway. One of the most well preserved mummies still has locks of their red hair attached to their skull, this mummy is nicknamed "ginger" because of his hair color, not to mention the batch of semi-recently found/genetically tested mummies that were found to have the I haplogroup, which is native to Europe, and lastly King Tut, the most popularized king was shown to have a haplogroup that 80% of northern Europeans, and a majority of Europeans in general (specifically inhabitants of the British Isles) have, R1b.

I think that there was a mixture of different groups, this much is obvious. It wasn't just one group, perhaps one group was around for quite awhile and then another group took over a bit and so forth. It is intriguing.
edit on 22-2-2015 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
1. The "Sea Peoples" Destroyed Virtually Every Major City of the Ancient World ... and We Have No Idea Who They Were

I believe they were called Spaniards....

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

From Peru

Egypt

Birds....

It is funny we impose our own connection based on what we have and then say, see airplane! Might as well look for bunnies in the clouds.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Birds....

It is funny we impose our own connection based on what we have and then say, see airplane! Might as well look for bunnies in the clouds.

Birds with vertical tails... sure we're talking about pareidolia, but in the opposite sense that you are intending.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

From Peru

Egypt
The gold trinkets are stylized flying fish. These few shown were found among hundreds of other similar objects depicting all sorts of other small animals, like frogs and insects.

The "Saquarra Bird" in the second pic is very similar to decorative wind vanes shown in Egyptian artwork mounted on boats.

Neither are hoaxes.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

One of the most well preserved mummies still has locks of their red hair attached to their skull, this mummy is nicknamed "ginger" because of his hair color, not to mention the batch of semi-recently found/genetically tested mummies that were found to have the I haplogroup, which is native to Europe, and lastly King Tut, the most popularized king was shown to have a haplogroup that 80% of northern Europeans, and a majority of Europeans in general (specifically inhabitants of the British Isles) have, R1b.

King Tut Related to Half of European Men? Maybe Not

Carsten Pusch, a geneticist at Germany's University of Tubingen who was part of the team that unraveled Tut's DNA from samples taken from his mummy and mummies of his family members, said that iGENEA's claims are "simply impossible." Pusch and his colleagues published part of their results, though not the Y-chromosome DNA, in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) in 2010. The Y chromosome is the sex chromosome found only in males, and looking at the genes in this chromosome would show Tut's male lineage.

Pusch's team used snippets of Y-chromosome DNA to link Tut to his closest relatives, identifying his mom and dad. But they didn't publish the full genetic data that would allow genomics companies like iGENEA to link modern people to the Tutankhamen lineage. According to Scholz, that crucial data is what appeared on the Discovery Channel

www.livescience.com...
I thought this was put to rest some years ago,but I guess not.
And R1b is found in deepest Africa in places like Chad,Cameroon and Nigeria at anywhere from 40-80% among some of the Blackest folks on this planet.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 23-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

It's a simpler explanation than flying Peruvians, I'd would go with that but what of the cockpit looking space.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It's a simpler explanation than flying Peruvians, I'd would go with that but what of the cockpit looking space.

Key word: stylized.

If you look at some of the carvings of jaguars and macaws from Peru, you'll find all kinds of weird stuff in the little details.

Personally, I don't know what they were thinking when making these details, mostly.

I can tell you, however, that the curly spiral things on the wings in the pic of the fish represent water in these people's iconography.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Key word: stylized.

If you look at some of the carvings of jaguars and macaws from Peru, you'll find all kinds of weird stuff in the little details.

Personally, I don't know what they were thinking when making these details, mostly.

I can tell you, however, that the curly spiral things on the wings in the pic of the fish represent water in these people's iconography.

Harte

Thanks will look into it some more.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Awesome article.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Birds....

Birds with vertical tails... sure we're talking about pareidolia, but in the opposite sense that you are intending.

Airplanes with eyes?... HMMmm

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join